Command Line Differences for Win vs. Linux

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

vendetta50

Command Line Differences for Win vs. Linux

Post by vendetta50 »

I have always used Linux servers but now i'm stuck with a windows server using .dll files instead of .so so on..

Wondering if the command line i use ettv.exe or ettv.x86 ?

Here is what i have so far:

Code: Select all

ettv.exe +set fs_homepath tvhome +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game etpro +set net_ip 75.125.51.2 +set net_port 21700 +exec port21700.cfg +set ttycon 0 +set com_hunkmegs 56 +set sv_punkbuster 0

The server works but when i try to connect it to other servers it seems to crash and not start back up.
EvilJohn

Post by EvilJohn »

Cheers

"C:\Program Files\ettv\ettv.exe" +set com_hunkmegs 128 +set com_zoneMegs 32 +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 74.86.82.61 +set net_port 27961 +set fs_game etpro +set set sv_maxclients 30 +exec server.cfg

Some will say different. But windows works fine. I shut it down once a week and restart though. Make sure ALL pk.3's match in the slave and master.

Edit: Disable Punkbuster on the ETTV server. The peanut gallery does not need it. I did get some crashes with it enabled. My league, or scrim server shares the same IP. with default port 27960. Seems like I have an extra set on maxclients. But it works so I never changed it in the command line. LOL

Edit2: BTW While I have your attention. Why don't you add a Server admin section for mapscripts, configs, and such, to your forums?
First is the innovator, then comes the imitators. Lastly the idiots.
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

Make sure you are using the latest test version if you are running on windows.
send lawyers, guns and money
EvilJohn

Post by EvilJohn »

Yes that could be your problem. From ReyalP:

Here is ETTV build fixes windows 999 issues http://www.collectivecomputing.com/~ree ... pril10.zip
Zip includes windows and linux binaries.

Also fixes some lag and fastforwarding issues that could affect all platforms. Fast forwarding may look laggier, but shouldn't flood clients.

The included tvgame fixes the ws exploit, so there's no need the tvgame zip I posted in the other thread.

This is an unofficial test version, but it has been used for a number of matches, both as a broadcaster and match server. I have yet to get any reports of it being worse than b13.

There is a known issue (both in b13 and this version) if you play a lot of demos, or use broadcast a lot of matches without restarting the slave, it will crash after an "Info string length exceeded" error. The simple way to avoid this is to restart the broadcaster occasionally between events or demos.
First is the innovator, then comes the imitators. Lastly the idiots.
vendetta50

Post by vendetta50 »

The windows server only seems to be connecting to windows scrim servers lawl it won't connect to any linux ones :shock:
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

vendetta50 wrote:The windows server only seems to be connecting to windows scrim servers lawl it won't connect to any linux ones :shock:
The two platforms are compatible. What versions are you using in each case, with which settings ?
send lawyers, guns and money