ETTV with etpub

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

foxX

ETTV with etpub

Post by foxX »

This is my first post here, so I salute you all. As a side-note thanks go to the people from #etpro on freenode (|Rain| and bani for helping me activate my account - still don't know what was the problem, but I don't believe it was from me).

Getting back to business. I'm currently working on etpub, and I want to make it compatible with ettv. My question is development-related. The problem I'm facing now is that etpub doesn't correctly fetch the scoreboard from ettv. For example:

Every time when pressing TAB (the key for showing the scoreboard) in etpub, while connected to ettv, I first get an error message in the etpub console:

Code: Select all

Unknown client game command: *BAEAGA
The message is, from what I'm understanding, some encoded number or command.
This accompanied by the fact that the scoreboard gets drawn, but is only populated with data after a delay of 2-3 seconds. I imagine that the unknown command *BAEAGA or whatever is responsible for informing the client of the current score status, and it's etpub's fault for not understanding firsthand the message and communicating with ettv using a slightly broken protocol. The first time I press TAB, the unknown command message reads: "Unknown client game command *AWAAAAAAAH8AGAAAAAAAAP8" <- I might have skipped / added some 'A's.

The second problem, is the fact that etpub says

Code: Select all

unknown cmd fu
from time to time. I'm not sure how much this is linked to my original problem, but probably fu is an ettv command informing the viewers about different game mechanics, not sure yet.

I would very much appreciate any help with making the scores appear instantly on the scoreboard, as it seems pretty simple getting rid of the unknown cmd/command messages.

Thanks a lot.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i don t know exactly how decode those message but as far as i know:
any client game command sdtarting whit a * is base64 encoded. so maybe u can simpely decode it :roll:
foxX

Post by foxX »

base64 decode, it's possible. But since the result is not plaintext, what do I do next with the binary array I get?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well i got no idea :wink:
zinx

Post by zinx »

Those are Base64-encoded etpro commands (used for reliability). Currently the tvgame is somewhat etpro-specific but there are plans to eventually release the tvgame so it can be modified for other mods. We just haven't gotten around to it (there's actually a lot to do before it can be released).

If you bug one of us on IRC or something, we may be able to give you the details on the reliable base64 commands.
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/