LUA alertentity?

Discussions about ET modding (sdk code, player/weapon modeling)

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Igloo

LUA alertentity?

Post by Igloo »

Hello,

I'd like to know if there's a command in LUA which can be used as alertentity in mapscripting. Just with team_CTF_red/bluespawn ["kill"/"revive"]. The best would be to define by the respawn's targetname.

Greetings,
Igloo
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i think its posable maybe u can spawn a trigger_always ?
ReyalP

Re: LUA alertentity?

Post by ReyalP »

Igloo wrote:Hello,

I'd like to know if there's a command in LUA which can be used as alertentity in mapscripting. Just with team_CTF_red/bluespawn ["kill"/"revive"]. The best would be to define by the respawn's targetname.

Greetings,
Igloo
No. However, you could find the entity and make the equivalent changes in it it's fields.
send lawyers, guns and money
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

What do you mean by find.. more detailed pls :D
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

mm, im the one whos interested in it, but i dnt know much about mapscripting, just lua...Reyalp maybe u were talking about such code?:

Code: Select all

for i = 64, 1021 do
        if et.gentity_get(i, "targetname") == "spawn_Axis2" then			
            do smth like wht? example: et.gentity_set( i, "targetname", arrayindex [dunno example], "newspawn_Axis3")
        end
    end
What about:

et.G_SetSpawnVar( entnum, key, value )

Sets the spawnvar key to value for entity entnum 
can i use it to spawn players random? Hmm, i have to learn more about those spawns and how to use it via lua, but dunno how :roll:
wolFTeam.pl
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

ok, i wrote a lua script to disable/remove spawn:

function et_InitGame( levelTime, randomSeed, restart)

for entnum = 64, 1021 do

if et.gentity_get(entnum, "targetname") == "set1_allies_8" then		

et.trap_UnlinkEntity( entnum ) -- nothing happens, why? Trying another function:

et.G_FreeEntity( entnum ) -- nothing happens, why?

end
    end

end
and no results :(
wolFTeam.pl
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

You need to find out why it doesn't work. Is the entity being found at all ?

My usual approach to things like this is to spam prints until it's obvious where the problem is. The other thing to do is to look at the corresponding code in the C gamecode. You CANNOT use the lua API effectively unless you do this.

You could also set the entity to disabled rather than removing it. If there are scripts or other entities that refer to that target name, you may run into trouble if you only remove some of them.
send lawyers, guns and money
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

ReyalP wrote:You need to find out why it doesn't work. Is the entity being found at all ?

My usual approach to things like this is to spam prints until it's obvious where the problem is. The other thing to do is to look at the corresponding code in the C gamecode. You CANNOT use the lua API effectively unless you do this.

You could also set the entity to disabled rather than removing it. If there are scripts or other entities that refer to that target name, you may run into trouble if you only remove some of them.
yes, im doing it also to see whats going on, its a pity there is no compilator for this ;p. It found 165 value for entnum without any errors, full code:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- called at map start
function et_InitGame( levelTime, randomSeed, restart)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for entnum = 64, 1021 do

if et.gentity_get(entnum, "targetname") == "set1_allies_8" then		

et.G_LogPrint("for targetname " .. et.gentity_get(entnum, "targetname") .. " entnum: " .. entnum .. " \n") 
        et.trap_SendConsoleCommand( et.EXEC_APPEND, "qsay for targetname ^3" .. et.gentity_get(entnum, "targetname") .. "^7 entnum: ^3" .. entnum .. "\n" )

et.trap_UnlinkEntity( entnum ) -- unlink ent, 

et.G_LogPrint("targetname " .. et.gentity_get(entnum, "targetname") .. " entnum: " .. entnum .. " unlinked \n") 
        et.trap_SendConsoleCommand( et.EXEC_APPEND, "qsay targetname ^3" .. et.gentity_get(entnum, "targetname") .. "^7 entnum: ^3" .. entnum .. " ^1unlinked\n" )

et.G_FreeEntity( entnum ) -- no suc with unlink, so try with another funct to disable ent

et.G_LogPrint("targetname " .. et.gentity_get(entnum, "targetname") .. " entnum: " .. entnum .. " is FREE \n") 
        et.trap_SendConsoleCommand( et.EXEC_APPEND, "qsay targetname ^3" .. et.gentity_get(entnum, "targetname") .. "^7 entnum: ^3" .. entnum .. " ^1is FREE\n" )

spawnval = et.G_GetSpawnVar( entnum, "spawnflags" )

et.trap_SendConsoleCommand( et.EXEC_APPEND, "qsay spawnval from spawnflags for ^3" .. et.gentity_get(entnum, "targetname") .. "^7 to: ^3" .. spawnval .. "\n" )
        et.G_LogPrint("spawnval from spawnflags for ^3" .. et.gentity_get(entnum, "targetname") .. "^7 to: ^3" .. spawnval .. " \n") 

end
    end

end

Will try with disabling it, but then map script should be somehow enhanced for such options instead of removing? Dunno im not in map scripting...I downloaded source but cant find the corresponding .c

btw can i use it:

et.G_SetSpawnVar( entnum, key, value )

Sets the spawnvar key to value for entity entnum
to spawn somehow players random?
wolFTeam.pl
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

if u got the code u can look for
trap_UnlinkEntity
G_FreeEntity

those are actualy functions (i dunno if its case sensitive..)
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

=FF=im2good4u wrote:if u got the code u can look for
trap_UnlinkEntity
G_FreeEntity

those are actualy functions (i dunno if its case sensitive..)
yes, i tried, look @ code. Im trying everything even with setting new origin or respawning new entnum, but still no result to disable/move/change spawn:

origin = { new_x, new_y, new_z }

oldorigin = et.gentity_get(entnum,"origin") 

et.gentity_set(entnum,"origin",origin)        

neworigin = et.gentity_get(entnum,"origin")      

entnum = et.G_Spawn()

It prints new values but nothing happens :x

edited:

scriptname and targetname cant be changed:

error: tried to set read-only gentity field
wolFTeam.pl