ettv live broadcast slave with r_shownormals 1?

Forum for discussing ET TV

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ruwen

ettv live broadcast slave with r_shownormals 1?

Post by ruwen »

I like to host a ETTV-Server to make live broadcast from my public game server and spec suspicious player which might be wall hacking.

The problem I got I cant use r_shownormals 1 when I connect onto the ettv slave. I tried to start server with sv_cheats 1, forcecvar cheats 1, forcecvar r_shownormals 1 nothing takes effect on my client when I connect onto the ettv slave. It always says cvar is cheat protected.

Of course I start the ettv slave without punkbuster. If I join a ETTV server which does play replays it is possible to activate r_shownormals 1. I don't like to download me some cheats to join the ettv slave and watch suspicious players (I fear to forget the cheats once and get self banned if I join my own server again) also making first a demo and watch it then takes much time and players on the server moan in meanwhile “kick cheater admins do something�.
But without evidence we don't like to ban players. so it would be very useful if I could use the ettv slave to watch them in real time and check em. Here are some details how I start the ettv slave.
Startup line:
./ettv.x86 +set fs_game etpro +set net_ip 85.14.216.93 +set net_port 27960 +set sv_maxclients 12 +set fs_homepath los-tv +exec los.cfg

Slave config (los.cfg):
set dedicated "2"
set sv_fps "20"

// PASSWORDS & CLIENTS
set g_password ""
set sv_privatepassword ""
set rconpassword ""
set refereepassword ""

sv_fullmsg "ET://Server is full - Visit www.GamesTV.org"
set g_inactivity 600
set g_spectatorInactivity 600

set sv_hostname "^7[^1!!!^7]^1ETTV II"
set server_motd0 "^1C^7ommunity ^1S^7erver"
set server_motd1 "^3Visit us"
set server_motd2 "^3#hirntot.org @ Q-net"
set server_motd3 "^3www.hirntot.org"
set server_motd4 ""
set server_motd5 "^1TS2: ts2.hirntot.org:8767"

// MASTER SERVERS TO REPORT TO
set sv_master1 "etmaster.idsoftware.com"
set sv_master2 "master.gamespy.com:27900"
set sv_master3 "master0.gamespy.com"
set sv_master4 "clanservers.net"
set sv_master5 ""

// ETTV stuff
set ettv_sv_maxslaves "0"
set ettv_password ""
set b_ettv_flags "3"
set ettv_delay "30"

// RATE & DOWNLOADS
set sv_allowDownload "1"
set sv_wwwDownload "1"
set sv_wwwBaseURL "http://download.hirntot.org"

set sv_maxRate "12000"
set sv_lanforcerate "0"
set sv_dl_maxRate "1"
set sv_wwwFallbackURL ""
set sv_wwwDlDisconnected "1"

set g_log "server.log"
set logfile 0
set g_logsync 0
set g_filterban 1
com_watchdog 5
com_watchdog_cmd "echo uncare"
tv connect et2.hirntot.org xxx xxx

PS:
I post this for a buddy because he has trouble getting registered (it looks like the emailserver of this site does not support greylisting :()
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i believe it was intentionally set up to use the settings of the master, so not sure if you can change show normals without changing its value on the game server which would be ridiculous of course
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

yep, i was thinking about the same, the record bot or smth like this would be great but back on topic maybe there is a "hack" way for ettv ? :>
wolFTeam.pl
ReyalP

Re: ettv live broadcast slave with r_shownormals 1?

Post by ReyalP »

ruwen wrote:If I join a ETTV server which does play replays it is possible to activate r_shownormals 1.
Assuming this is true (I haven't tested) you should be able to use a demo delayed feed, as described here: http://wolfwiki.anime.net/index.php/ETT ... figuration
Ugly ? Yes sir!
send lawyers, guns and money
harlekin

Post by harlekin »

I got a solution now. 2 ETTV-Server needed for it. One to record the game into a demo file second to replay the demo that makes it possible to free all cheat protected cvars. There is a "tool" called ETTVd that makes it easier to do that
http://wolfwiki.anime.net/index.php/ETTVd