pb_sv_cvar rate doesnt work

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

weeman

pb_sv_cvar rate doesnt work

Post by weeman »

people complain that my server rare is 13k lol but its 25 k:S In the server.cfg it is pb_sv_cvar rate IN 2500 25000 but they cant change the rate too 25k or lower:S.

Could somebody help me

thanks

Weeman
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

PB commands only check for the client's value and kicks if out of range. The plain old "sv_cvar" is the one that forces a client's value to the nearest within the range specified on the server.

e.g.

Code: Select all

sv_cvar rate IN 2500 25000
or if in a .config file use

Code: Select all

command "sv_cvar rate IN 2500 25000"
You may also need to check for occurences of "sv_maxRate" to make sure you are not limiting with this cvar. This is the most likely explanation in my mind.
GhosT:McSteve
Ghostworks Gaming Community
weeman

Post by weeman »

thanks my maxrate was 13k^^ i putted it 25k :D
weeman

Post by weeman »

Some people complained that our clanbase configs arent certified:S does anybody know what they mean? :Dand the rate thing still doesnt work lol
McSteve

Post by McSteve »

1) Certified configs contain a hash/signature at the end for verification. If you change any entry in the config then the hash will not match and the config will show us uncertified when loaded.

2) If you have not done so already, use rcon to check the value of sv_maxrate whilst the server is up. You may have a cfg or config overwriting the value of sv_maxrate that you said you had found and changed, and there is another one hiding somewhere. If you are running your server in the normal way, your server.cfg is only ever loaded once (at command line startup), but if you are swapping between other .config files for e.g. public and war play, one of them may include sv_maxrate too.
GhosT:McSteve
Ghostworks Gaming Community