Request for special licensing terms

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

quad wrote:All cards on the table, but when Chaplja joined the project, he broke all the connections between him/his site and cheats, and he removed all cheat-related files and articles from his server.
Regardless, the fact that he spent several years developing and promoting public cheats counts pretty strongly against him, and by association the rest of the project.

My gut feeling is that spoofeh is right that he continued to do so after the start of etace, but I didn't find any solid examples in a quick search. If someone finds something conclusive (via google cache or wayback), please let us know, (preferably by pm, rather than posting any cheat links here)
send lawyers, guns and money
h3ll

Post by h3ll »

ReyalP wrote:
quad wrote:All cards on the table, but when Chaplja joined the project, he broke all the connections between him/his site and cheats, and he removed all cheat-related files and articles from his server.
Regardless, the fact that he spent several years developing and promoting public cheats counts pretty strongly against him, and by association the rest of the project.

My gut feeling is that spoofeh is right that he continued to do so after the start of etace, but I didn't find any solid examples in a quick search. If someone finds something conclusive (via google cache or wayback), please let us know, (preferably by pm, rather than posting any cheat links here)
Well he knows that if they create something it will be checked by bani/the etpro team, so you guys can see if he's trustworthy, right?

Can't wait to see some updates :>
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

Maybe this will become a reality too :D Nothing is worse than bullshit promises & lies!
ReyalP

Post by ReyalP »

h3ll wrote: Well he knows that if they create something it will be checked by bani/the etpro team, so you guys can see if he's trustworthy, right?
If he's lying about discontinuing cheat activities, I personally would not want to have him involved in any way. That seems pretty obvious to me.

Note that backdoors/trojans wouldn't be the main concern. Rather, he would have inside info that would give him a nice little side market in private undetected cheats ;)

Igloo: Please clarify where I have lied to you ?
send lawyers, guns and money
EvilJohn

Post by EvilJohn »

Zero tolerance is the best policy when dealing with cheaters.
I would not run etace, CETPUB, Anti3 on any game server. With, or without the licensing from etpro.
First is the innovator, then comes the imitators. Lastly the idiots.
Igloo

Post by Igloo »

ReyalP, maybe I used too strong words. However during almost 2 years there were no fixes done to the mod, just stopped development. Sure it's a great mod - but as he made Enemy Territory an interesting competition shooter the devs should care at least a little bit of what is going on.

As a server admin I don't want to be off with etpro then just let bani to check it and no problems.

On the other hand LUA can many things, but not all.. so it would be nice to release the 3.2.7 for the last time! :)

Greetings,
Igloo
alphagamma

Post by alphagamma »

Let him put forward his code to Bani , then let him decide. After all it's his baby :)
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Never go back to a cheater!

-

There will be other mods replacing etpro if updates aren't made.
ET has a good base as its free, people will still be playing enemy territory in 5-6-7 years.

ET dead?.... never ..i wan't it more than ever..

RTCW2? ( aka QW:ET in RTCW skins) ..no thanks!

Give me an OSP-flavored RTCW-MOD (for ET).. and you will never hear me cry again.
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

squadjot wrote: Give me an OSP-flavored RTCW-MOD (for ET).. and you will never hear me cry again.
OSP is included in ET, so all you need is Demoman's old LamaPro mod (previously known as rtcwmod).
MeeZ

Post by MeeZ »

EvilJohn wrote:Zero tolerance is the best policy when dealing with cheaters.
I would not run etace, CETPUB, Anti3 on any game server. With, or without the licensing from etpro.
Except that it would probably become forced by the majority of leagues. I don't think it matters if public servers use it or not, it's the competitive scene that will be benefiting the most from this.
Meez
#eat - Quakenet
#necromantia - Quakenet
EvilJohn

Post by EvilJohn »

MeeZ wrote:
Except that it would probably become forced by the majority of leagues. I don't think it matters if public servers use it or not, it's the competitive scene that will be benefiting the most from this.
Heres what real leagues use.
Scroll down on left hand side. http://www.pbbans.com/

I dont play in CB. So I won't have to worry about it.

Oh real ligit AC sites, and no you won't see GV listed there. Hmmm
http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=links.php

AC anti-cheat is all about reaction. A web site, group, cheat coder, makes a cheat. A anti- cheat site gets wind of it. They break it down. Then add detections. Those who can add detections instantly are the best. Hub Live Streaming with md5 checks, cvar checks, bind queries, = instantly

What are they going to do make a new modPK3 every week to D/L?

Convince me.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

• etpro team does not explicitly endorse anti3 at this time
however...
  • etpro won't prevent anti3 distribution
  • anti3 distribution must be clearly labeled as 'not an official etpro distribution'
  • anti3 users use anti3 'at their own risk', etpro cannot provide support for anti3 users.
if anti3 proves resistant to attacks (and proves it is trustworthy) we may investigate directly integrating into etpro in the future.
MeeZ

Post by MeeZ »

EvilJohn wrote:
MeeZ wrote:
Heres what real leagues use.
Scroll down on left hand side. http://www.pbbans.com/

I dont play in CB. So I won't have to worry about it.

Oh real ligit AC sites, and no you won't see GV listed there. Hmmm
http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=links.php

AC anti-cheat is all about reaction. A web site, group, cheat coder, makes a cheat. A anti- cheat site gets wind of it. They break it down. Then add detections. Those who can add detections instantly are the best. Hub Live Streaming with md5 checks, cvar checks, bind queries, = instantly

What are they going to do make a new modPK3 every week to D/L?

Convince me.
Auto-update feature? :P

Sure you can add md5 checks and cvar checks, but any cheater with a tenth of a brain is never going to get busted by that, and most competition playing cheaters typically do have that tenth of a brain (sometimes more), which is why you have to eventually move towards the more proactive method of anti-cheat, actually detecting the hack and not just some weird artifact of a hack that the cheater was too stupid to get nailed by.

This mod will probably be about reaction too, and I have faith that the developers will make far quicker reactions in regards to updating detections than Punkbuster ever did for us.

The EU scene is slowly losing patience for punkbuster, I know I did a long time ago. When things like this happen, http://dec.pp.fi/avi/etclips/pbss_is_awesome.avi which caused them to lose the objective a few seconds away from a certain secure, it's hard to have faith.
Meez
#eat - Quakenet
#necromantia - Quakenet
Fusen

Post by Fusen »

bani wrote:
if anti3 proves resistant to attacks (and proves it is trustworthy) we may investigate directly integrating into etpro in the future.
so will that be in the 2010 3.2.7 update? ;X
________
vapor tower vaporizer
Last edited by Fusen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilJohn

Post by EvilJohn »

meez quote
"but any cheater with a tenth of a brain is never going to get busted by that, and most competition playing cheaters typically do have that tenth of a brain (sometimes more)"
So your saying you and your ban have a 10th of a brain. :0 Your saying your not in the "most' category. You state a loss of faith. but what you have no faith in busted you. Thats whats wrong with leagues like CB. You soon will playing in it again, and the other team will wonder is he cheating again.

Hey good luck to you, and your anti cheat team. Wish you the best. But I can't support those who have destroyed the community, and now want to build it up. Nah. count me out.

Trying or, using Cheats destroys the games we Love!!