ET Admin Mod Problem

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

{GTB} Granny

ET Admin Mod Problem

Post by {GTB} Granny »

Hi guys, I'm not sure whetehher you can help me here but i thought I would ask to see if anyone recognises the error.

I installed ET Admin Mod last night because our server is getting hacked.

In an attempt to ban these people I have installed Et admin Mod.

The problem i am getting now is that the server keeps shutting itself down with the error:

Received SIGTERM/QUIT. Shutting down.

I wondered if anyone had seen this before or knew what might be causing it.

Many thanks
Granny
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

Something is with the log. Btw how they hacked your server and how do u want to ban them? :?
wolFTeam.pl
{GTB} Granny

Post by {GTB} Granny »

I have no idea how they hacked it, but the guy was there explaining that any server with map voting enabled can be hacked.

I (or my admins) just want to be able to type !ban whoever.

I can't believe that it isn't possible with ETPro.

I have Et Admin Mod now and apart from a few niggles it seems to have done the job.

The problem I have raised here seems to have gone, I think it was banner conflicts between ETPro and Et Admin Mod.
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

heh..First of all this bug was fixed, see thread: http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... php?t=6777
Second of all:
!ban - will ban the punkbuster guid (which they can easily change) and it is the same command as:
http://www.evenbalance.com/publications/et-ad/index.htm wrote: PB_SV_BanGuid [guid] [player_name] [IP_Address] [reason]
Adds a guid directly to PB's permanent ban list; if the player_name or IP_Address are not known, we recommend using "???"
Third of all if u want to really ban them. Use pb_sv_banmask to ban their stable IP or use ACpro to ban their subnet masks

p.s there is also !bani in etadmin mod which ban etpro guid, but its not a problem for hackers to spoof an etpro guid too
wolFTeam.pl