sound pack development - requests

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

back at cha
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

kcab ta ahc

s'ti ton ynnuf ot kaeps ni sdrawkcab sdrow

gnirednow woh i od ti, i evah a tol fo eerf emit

ynnek ouy era eht hsidlihc eceip fo tihs
yag si yennek
[MoD]Ender

Post by [MoD]Ender »

But Kenny wrote his sentence backward...
=SWAT=Ender
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

No one likes my sounds. I'm hurt. :cry: :wink:
[MoD]Ender

Post by [MoD]Ender »

I like the OLTL sound :thumbup: .

Oh yeah, your link for the "You are an Idiot" song doesn't work, atleast for me.
=SWAT=Ender
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

Well, damn. I'll have to use the one on my own damn server. ;)

http://www.dukechansey.net/random_crap/other/idiot/
[MoD]Ender

Post by [MoD]Ender »

LOL!!!!!!!!!
That would be tight to play for n00bs!
=SWAT=Ender
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

i think that is mean. Ignorence is not the same thing as stupidity. Just because he doesnt know how to play the game, dosnt make him an idiot. Maybe a constant beeping sound so the person will go to the web site.

Plus i think if you are a newbie, you should be able to return to the game without waiting, once you have read the website. (when you come back)
yag si yennek
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

If they're a noob, the wouldn't hear the sound. Second, when someone gets newbied, they are not forced to go to any site, a message is just flashed along the bottom of their screen. Most people just see it as an annoyance.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

we could make a laugh track for when someoen gets noobed we all hear it and know there's a noob in our presence... only make it sound when they get noobed and join a server as a noob... maybe a clapping track for when they get un-noobed
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
ZarkingFardwarks

Post by ZarkingFardwarks »

ok all bull shit aside since this post got a bit off, i'd love to help make sounds except my voice isn't anything near the voices in the game. for about the last 20 minutes i've worked on making "i'm a spy" out of "i'm a soldier" and the one allied "HI" (just need a P sound in between, i haven't gotten it yet but i'm not stopping :o )

if anyone has a decent (or any) microphone, try recording sounds for stuff like i'm a spy, co (say "commandind officer" not co) scout, pilot, etc for both teams and send them to me (aim or PM me on here first), and i'll convert them to the radio-style sound and game format audio. someone out there has to have a close voice... do we know any germans? :D

other ideas would be "we need a co" (maybe) and maybe a "don't shoot! i'm a spy!" or something similar that sounds very urgent for FF ON servers, with an exclamation over-head graphic maybe that would help spies not to get shot up by teammates. technically we never "need" scouts, pilots or spies, so i can't see adding a sound for them, but adding one for a CO to make spawns might be handy.

my 2cents

-zf

ps Bani - let me know if you want any soundediting done, maybe you've planned for editing the stuff yourself but it can't hurt to offer i guess
ZarkingFardwarks

doom

also, couldn't you just steal the shotgun reload sound from doom? already made for a game anyway
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

i'd like to avoid copyright infringement :P
ZarkingFardwarks

ok then, shotgun samples:

reload
empty barrel

these are copyright zf and some old gun in my dad's attic; i can't believe i'm sampling a shotgun at 5 in the fucking morning... :shakinghead: hope those work out

-zf
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

i can use the reload sound as there isnt any sound for that yet, but the empty sound is predicted clientside.so i cant use the shotgun2.wav ...

whats needed the most at the moment are the extended playerclass voices...

the "don't shoot! i'm a spy" one would be nice, as would stuff like "hey, watch where you're shooting!" or "hey! friendly fire!"