Medic Spy class (from another topic)

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Do you like this, are you neutral, or do you think its not that great?

MUST HAVE!
27%
I'm neutral... next idea?
27%
I don't like it or it can't be done.
47%

Total votes: 15

Trauts

Medic Spy class (from another topic)

Post by Trauts »

alexjones8194 wrote:

a good class could be like

maybe a guy that looks like enemy medic with poison syringes, poison packs and can hear enemy chat. maybe extension to spy. can hear medic requests.

First Alex idea that sounds good.

"Health" pack deals equivilent but negative damage, so if it healed "10" before, now it is "-10"

Syringe is instant kill in the amount of time it would take to revive someone, so if it was poke, revive in 5 seconds, its now poke, permanently dead in 5 seconds.

And you can read enemy chats.

And team attack is lowered... i.e. there is something that shows teammates that the medic spy is on their team... so maybe an overlay on teammates? like a little - or sign floating over their head if they're on the same team? That way there's a floating - sign over their head so teammates know not to kill them...

I hate that about spies because my teammates kill me about 100000% more often then enemies, making spy pretty useless.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Basicaly a spy that has a syringe instead of a knife, and medic packs that can do damage, plus extra abilities......nope, not balanced, that would make the already powerful spy useless.

So alex has yet to come up with a good idea...
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Trauts

Post by Trauts »

Just a syringe and "medpack"... the seeing enemy chat isn't necessary. If you could pretend to be a medic... thats no more unbalanced than Spies are!

Only special ability would be changing uniform
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

The medic spy thing would be exactly same as normal spy, only he has the addition of poison packs, so its unbalanced, besides, we already have a spy....we don't need another one. Less is more, and thats a fact.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
ZarkingFardwarks

Post by ZarkingFardwarks »

trauts

read some old posts, and all the suggestions made here in previous topics... you are suggesting 50,000 things that have been hit on god knows how many times trying to get one neat idea put into banimod that you can call your own - think for a while about something that will logically work and help whatever team you are playing on first, and if it isn't already in the game, and hasn't been suggested before, THEN make a post.

there already IS an overlay for teammates - their name and the HP bar. TKing is a problem sometimes if no one knows there is a spy player but that's what medics are for - if someone pops a few rounds into a spy by mistake and doesn't kill him, they can at least push his HP back up to snuff before he goes in with a disguise and tries to knife some people.

-zf
Trauts

Post by Trauts »

ZarkingFardwarks wrote: there already IS an overlay for teammates - their name and the HP bar.
Have you noticed that the delay is a bit too slow, and that most of the time even you blast them away, since it takes 2 seconds to show up?

Is it possible to make it so teammates see spies as people on their team? That would solve the whole problem.

And if you don't like the Medic Spy idea... what about modifying the existing medic so that if the syringe is used on an enemy, it kills him, so the same thing does something different depending on class? That way even if you couldn't disguise yourself, you can still kill them if you get close... you could make sure they can't come back.
ZarkingFardwarks

Post by ZarkingFardwarks »

the medic has plenty of power already, he heals himself, he can heal others, and on bi3 with the unlimited ammo aspect, there's already enough there...

as for the delay, thats just something you work around, if it makes you hesitate for that split second or not it will mean your life or not =)

-zf
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

Trauts, the fact that spies can get TKed by idiot players helps balance the powerful class.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Trauts

Post by Trauts »

not really... I'm just spawning and I get TKed 99.9% of the time. If they were invulnerable for about 3 seconds after starting... then I'd be happy
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

They are invulnerable for 3 seconds, because but changing uniforms takes longer than that. Besides, I know what you just said is bullshit, spies don't get TKed after changing uni at spawnpoint. It just doesn't happen, and if you can't inform your team, then thats your problem.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Trauts

Post by Trauts »

It's not bull... I play on =SWAT= Goldrush a lot, and I'll change into the enemy uniform just a tiny bit away from the spawnpoint, and they'll blast my head off. Especially with instagib. Then I tell them I'm a spy, they'll say they're sorry, and do it again.
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

hint hint, don't play SPY if you keep getting TKed
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Trauts

Post by Trauts »

hint hint, then whats the point of the spy if nobody uses it? maybe it should be changed to a different class
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

I don't have any of the excessive problems you have playing as a spy. When I do play it, ofcourse I get TKed a couple of times, but then I tell them what's up and the problem seems to go away, and if it comes to it try and avoid your teammates.

Your obviously doing something wrong if the issue becomes so great you can't play the class. Honestly I get TKed more as an LT trying to help my team than I do as a spy.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Trauts

Post by Trauts »

You probably don't play on the same server as me.