Clan sides

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Mr. Litz =SS=

Clan sides

Post by Mr. Litz =SS= »

What I am looking for is an easy way to put our clan on one team, lock the team, and then keep the team locked as it switches sides in SW.
First off is the "put all clan on one team" do-able somehow - maybe using GUIDs or clan tags?
Second is the "autolock clan" feature possible, or do we have to do it all with commands - unlock teams, swap teams, relock team?

Thanks.
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

bani has putallies <slot#> and putaxis <slot#> then u can do a set g_allowLateJoins 1 which will make everyone that joins after u setup teams dead.

or u can use these cvars:
g_teamjoinwait 30 //Time (in seconds) players are restricted from changing teams
g_noteamswitching //1=on 0=off if set to 1 clients cant switch teams after match starts
set g_allowLateJoins 0
set g_teamjoinwait 5 //in time

hope it helps.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
Cerberus =SS=

Post by Cerberus =SS= »

Thats not exactly it, we like to play stopwatch but when the teams switch we have to unlock the team we were on and lock ours. Becomes a real pain after a few games.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

if team locking followed stopwatch team swaps, would that solve your problem?
Cerberus =SS=

Post by Cerberus =SS= »

Part of it yes, other thing is can we do something where we can make it so that all the =SS= on the server go on one team with on command, as litz said with GUID's or something.
Mr. Litz =SS=

Post by Mr. Litz =SS= »

=SWAT=Kenny wrote:bani has putallies <slot#> and putaxis <slot#> then u can do a set g_allowLateJoins 1 which will make everyone that joins after u setup teams dead.

or u can use these cvars:
g_teamjoinwait 30 //Time (in seconds) players are restricted from changing teams
g_noteamswitching //1=on 0=off if set to 1 clients cant switch teams after match starts
set g_allowLateJoins 0
set g_teamjoinwait 5 //in time

hope it helps.
yeah that helps a lot. For the time being we can use the noteamswitching and the teamjoinwait - as sometimes it takes us a while to get set up after we switch. Thanks for the input Kenny. If bani could come up with a solution for team locking following SW (as he mentions above) that would be perfect :)
Mr. Litz =SS=

Post by Mr. Litz =SS= »

bani wrote:if team locking followed stopwatch team swaps, would that solve your problem?
Yes that would be great. Everyone in =SS= knows the semiadmin commands for putting themselves on teams so that would work great. If there was a semiadmin command that would add all clan members to one side (doesnt matter which) and then lock that side that would be great. What would be absolutely perfection is a command that moved all clan members to one side, locks the side then shuffles all non clan members to other team. I guess if we're looking for perfection, the command would also need to set g_teamforcebalance to 0... :)

Anyway - any thought on this idea is apppreciated.

Thanks.
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

the way i suggested has a difficulty of 5. your suggestion would make it a 2. much better. how often would u use it tho?

another side note is what if there are 10 =ss= and 5 normal peeps it would then ceick the /bani/guids/ folder and would move all the =ss= members to the one side leaving a huge team unbalance (10 vs 5).

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
Mr. Litz =SS=

Post by Mr. Litz =SS= »

=SWAT=Kenny wrote:the way i suggested has a difficulty of 5. your suggestion would make it a 2. much better. how often would u use it tho?

another side note is what if there are 10 =ss= and 5 normal peeps it would then ceick the /bani/guids/ folder and would move all the =ss= members to the one side leaving a huge team unbalance (10 vs 5).
Heh... We use it every day at 8pm til 9pm or so. We switch the map to beach so we get ppl. We are just trying to work on teamwork and increase our effectiveness as a team. Up until recently, it has usually been about 5 or 6 =SS= vs 12 or 13 rabble, which suits us just fine :)

The other team doesnt like it too much cuz they dont get to kill us enough and get bored and leave - specially if they camp WR. I believe setting it to SW would allow them some variety that would keep players on the server... Recently tho, we have had up to 10 =SS= on the server which, I agree, makes the games a bit unbalanced skillwise even if the other team has an even number of players - as you must consider in the evul n00b factor :roll:
Mr. Smoke =SS=

Post by Mr. Smoke =SS= »

It's not something we use all the time. If we have 5 to 6 =SS= members on the server and want to get some practice going to work on our teamwork, we all get on the same team, lock our team, and take on all comers. It usually ends up being the 5 or 6 of us taking on 10 or more rabble. Really intense and fun! The problem comes at the end of the SW round when the teams switch sides. We have to unlock and relock. For example, /semiadmin lockaxis locks the axis team with the =SS= members, end of round (=SS= wins of course :)), switch teams. =SS= is now Allies, but the Axis team is still locked.

Sorry, I'm the somewhat long-winded member of =SS=.

Smoke
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

doh. what a pain in the arse. chances are bani will make the lock flip when stopwatch does its swap_teams. we had a similar prob on the oltl server where peeps would switch teams after they were gibbed and then they would be alive when they joined the other team.

one other side effect is balance_teams goes crazy because it will only balance non-gibbed players. so on map rotate we loose all the noobs from base and roll to snow_fun and have a team inbalance. hard one to solve but we live with it. the regulars on oltl i have to say are quite good and respectful and try to balance it out when they notice.

Mr. Litz =SS=

Post by Mr. Litz =SS= »

bani:
have you given any consideration to adding something that makes it easier for us to lock teams on a SW server? I like the fact that the lock stays active for swap teams, yet it would be better if we could just keep the server on SW and have the lock follow a player GUID or something- maybe the GUID of whomever locked the team? So if someone locks a team that they are on, the lock follows that team. If the player locks the opposing team, then the unlock would foollow his team and the lock would follow the opposing team... My suggestion for how to implement it is probably way off, yet having the feature would be really helpful.
Thanks.

Any input is appreciated...
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

i should have a complete fix for this in the next version, it should coirrectly follow swap_teams as well as SW modes (including altstopwatch mode, eg ABAB instead of ABBA)
Mr. Litz =SS=

Post by Mr. Litz =SS= »

bani wrote:i should have a complete fix for this in the next version, it should coirrectly follow swap_teams as well as SW modes (including altstopwatch mode, eg ABAB instead of ABBA)
as always, thank you, bani
Mr. Smoke =SS=

Post by Mr. Smoke =SS= »

bani, you da man! thx!