Goldrush etiquette

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Antsmarching

Goldrush etiquette

Post by Antsmarching »

I was on my way to turn in 5 bars of gold at a near post today, when one of my teammates killed an enemy player who was also headed toward the same pole. The enemy player was carrying 4 bars, which were now relatively between myself and the post. I gathered his gold and turned in 9 bars for some big points. My teammate went nuts--calling me an "inconsiderate gold whoreing asshole" among other things, and continuing to bitch at me throughout the rest of my time playing. He only had 2 gold on him, and I was certainly able to get to all of the gold faster than he was. Should I have left it for him to get--after all, he did make the kill--or did I do the right thing by gathering it and turning it in more quickly, and for more points? I always try to be a team-player before an individual star (much like an offensive lineman blocking for a great runningback), but every so often we all get greedy. Especially in Goldrush games.
"I bent my Wookie..."
Boco

Post by Boco »

Whenever I play RtCW, I play for the good of the team, taking on whatever role I need to help ensure my team wins. Sometimes I get very low scores because of that, but I do not judge your score as a reliable factor towards your contribution to your team. In Goldrush, the entire ideal of the game is to cash in as much gold as possible to give your team more points. In my view of RtCW gameplay, you were in the right. 9 gold is a lot better then 6 gold for the team.
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

everyone should tollerate a one time infringement... because of something like your cit... i have had it where i took out an enemy and was headed for his 4 gold and someone (that didn't have any extra gold) took it right before i got there... but gold rush should be for the good of the team. I sometimes just like sitting in hiding with my and hitting people and let someone else get the gold. that is when i play gold rush...
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

It depends alot on the ppl you play with, many times when there are a bunch of ppl i know on my team, we will kick the "asshole that steals the gold", cause yeah its about the team, but if there is someone that already has gold, and this asshole just goes around taking other ppl's gold, i don't think he deserves to be playing.... but maybe thats just me.....as for your situation, i feel that you had every right to take the gold and that the asshole that killed the guy shouldn't have been acting like that becaue 55 (your gold) + 32(gold from the guys that just got killed) will != (not equal) 256 (combined gold) or whatever 9 gold is, i know 8 is 181 i forget what 9 is though.... so whoever the ball bag was that was complaining about 4 freaking gold, is either A) a shitty player who doesn't kill that many ppl and he scrounges for as much gold as he can or B) a dimwitted moron that doesn't understand the banimod format.... that all i have to say :D
Till DEATH do us Part
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

Ok, this is probably gonna be long, so...

First off, what you did was correct. I don't care about "right or wrong", it was the -correct- thing to do. People need to realize, this is a team based game. Notice the two distinctive sides? Teams. When cashing gold, it goes towards your whole team's score. Sure, you are getting points too, but it all goes towards one score. I often will kill myself in front of someone I see walking slowly towards a post if I have a decent amount. I guess you could call it short term cow'ing... or something. Either way, gold should be cashed in the largest quantity possible, for the score gets exponetially higher (could you please tell us the exact math to this bani? I've been wondering forever :P).

Here is the absolute WORST thing you can do in goldrush: split-cash. Say there is a big goldrush, let's say about 30 gold. That cashed will fetch one hell of a score. But, if the team is ignorant (I use the term litterally... look it up if you don't know what I mean), and cashed, for example, 10, 8, 4, and 8, each seperately, the score will be flat out pathetic as compared to 30. I've seen teams lose miserably to split-cashing.

Also, please people, PLEASE, bind shove to something. It helps a lot to get that slow moving player to the post faster, for they may get shot by approaching enemies otherwise.

I'm probably missing some other pet peeves of mine... but for now, I'll just stop ranting :P

(p.s., was the person named Jackrabbit? Beware this player, they WILL kill you if FF is on and they think you "stole" their gold.)
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

thats a good point..... Bani, what is the math equation, or algorithm or whatever your using to come up with the total score relavtive to the amount of gold that is cashed in at the pole?

I've tried to come up with equations but they never seem to work for the higher amounts of gold... :?

:) :)
Till DEATH do us Part
Ph0g

Post by Ph0g »

~How much you suck~ * ~gold~ .

The more gold you have, the more you suck :D.
I am Ph0g, you are not.
Antsmarching

Post by Antsmarching »

Please explain that, Ph0g. I think that if you've been able to collect a certain amount of gold, then obviously you've been able to kill several enemies while simultaneously keeping yourself alive. Whether you've had assistance from medics or not, you are still at a disadvantage, considering you're being slowed down from the weight of the gold. I think it's a testament to your abilities.
Now, if you just get lucky and pick up 4 gold on your way to the pole (much like I did) and those are the only points you get, than that may just be dumb luck. I picked up 19 gold right by the pole in a non-cow situation yesterday in a "right place, right time" situation--but those weren't the only points I received for the overall game. :P
And no, it was not Jackrabbit.
"I bent my Wookie..."
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

yes please phOg explain how having a fluent playing style and being able to kill ppl = you suck.... whatever, that makes as much sense as a monkey humping a beach ball, but whatever you gotta say to make yourself look like a tard :silly:
Till DEATH do us Part
Gun$hire

Post by Gun$hire »

I think if it's not a clan match (where teamplay is THE rule) the proper etiquette would be to see if your so-called teammate has any interest in the gold from the player he/she just gibbed - if possible. I mean, if you know there are no other enemy players close to you at the moment, you could pause to see if your teammate comes rushing past you to pick up "his/her" gold. Then at least you know where he/she stands in terms of individual or team gold possession. But if there are enemy players bearing down on you - get your ass to the pole and deal with it later.

It all has to do with the attitudes of the other players on your team. Non-clan play requires etiquette because there are no expectations. Whereas clan play (or playing with people you know) has certain expectations already set.

It's also good to have binds to /say_team "Wait! Don't cash yet!", /kill and /say_team "Pick it up", so that you can communicate to other teammates your intentions. Also using the "Sorry", "Thanks" and "You're welcome" phrases helps to smooth things over. Communication is key and it's not very well utilized.

A question I have is how long should you wait before picking up gold laying around if you didn't witness the kill - especially if several of your non-clan teammates are standing around defending a position?
SchuteMie

Post by SchuteMie »

Take the gold for the team. Then take some time to explain to the noob/tard the exponential increase in gold scoring. It also may help to say 'Thanks' and to offer to give the shooter gold in the future--then without fail, DO IT as soon as you can.

I remember 2 or even 3 times in non-clan action (i.e., normal Oldcrows situation) when I volunteered my gold to teammates near poles several times before really scoring much myself. Then some tard calls a kick vote on me-- :roll: --for being a gold thief. Several teammates publicly rushed to my defense saying we were winning because of my exemplar teamplay attitude. (Well, that was what it sounded like to me! :lol: )

This is an old theme on Bani's forum. We experienced players have to bear with and teach the noobs--cause way back when, we were noobs, too! Also, patience with these tards and some politic explanation of the team aspect of RTCW, especially Goldrush, will most often keep them coming back and enjoying it long enough for them to begin contributing to their teams--and "that's what it's all about." :wink:

SchuteMie
+{SOL}+EclipsE
________
buy vaporgenie
Last edited by SchuteMie on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

alright, i'd have to agree with you that waaaaaaay back when we were noobs toos, but we were noobs when everyone was noobs, and if someone doesn't know how to play goldrush by now, they shouldn't be playing, there are enough ppl that are good and know how to play so that we don't have to teach more ppl how to :wink:
Till DEATH do us Part
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Imbroglio wrote:if someone doesn't know how to play goldrush by now, they shouldn't be playing,
That's a damned elitist attitude!
Be seeing you!
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

But it does make sense in a way.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
-[x]-foolsgold

Post by -[x]-foolsgold »

imb love ya baby but going to say this anyway: THAT's ONE OF THE BIGGEST A$S HOLE REMARKES ive heard from anyone not bearing the name kenny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(JK :wink: ) omg!! you are being an ass here!! im suprised and kinda pissed! you like to play against me, you think i play well. well news flash i was a "noob" last OCT. that is when i started playing rtcw and now i have the respect of a fair amount of ppl. to those of you who DID take the time to help this noob i thank you. to those of you who called kick votes on me for asking questions (and there were a few of them that i now OWN) f**k off!
i guess it hasnt been too long for me to remember how it was to not know how to play this game for me to have lost the simpathy for those of us who havent learned yet!!!!! i mean if they bugging the hell out of you tell them one more time then ignore them! thats all let someone else try to explain it to them!! dont be a dick and kick them.
ok i could go on on this post for alot longer but i think i made my point. imb love you man but that was some sh!t up there in my opinion
Smile for today might be your last.
Kats always land on their feet!