My Education is ruined!

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

I-M nUbee

My Education is ruined!

Post by I-M nUbee »

I'm in High school right now. And where I live all the teachers are going on strike. This is not good :( . Why cant the damn government ever f*ucking give the schools money when they need it instead of putting it in their own damn pockets :evil: . Duke'ku you live in Portland, you know what Im talking about.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

Yeah, this is fucking bullshit. What school do you go to?

Heh, we've even made the subject of Doonesbury this week.
I-M nUbee

Post by I-M nUbee »

I go to Centennial High. they already announced days that would be cut (in fact I get Friday off this week due to Budget Problems). Its only a matter of time before my school's teachers all call it quits.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

Yeah... I go to Benson... we're getting out about a month early. Woo, only 3 quarters. :heh:
I-M nUbee

Post by I-M nUbee »

What class (grade) are you in? And how can you be excited about this?
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I'm not excited... I think it's a bunch of crap. It's amazing that my school district can hire new board members while paying them over $100,000 a year and they can't keep a month of my school year from being cut.

I'm in 9th. You? ;)
Boco

Post by Boco »

Man, up here in Washington State, our teachers NEVER go on strike. Well, our district never goes on strike. Even while most of the school districts in western Washington went on strike, ours didn't. In my 11.5 years in school (starting from 1st grade), I have NEVER experienced a strike. Luuu-cky. X_X When I graduate this June, I will feel sad, because nothing exciting ever happened to me in school..... Well, the earthquake was exciting... Wandering around outside for 3 hours... heh.
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

This isn't really exciting. My school year is getting cut short because some moron administrators couldn't handle a budget. It's giving my school district a horrible reputation, and that reputation is being passed on to students...
I-M nUbee

Post by I-M nUbee »

I feel sorry for you duke. you a freshman and you still got three more years. I'm a junior and I CANT WAIT TO GET OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL!!! But the fact that this is happening IS bullshit.
SHVDKTY (ID)

Post by SHVDKTY (ID) »

Duke you sure did hit the nail on the head. I am 27 years old, and over here in idaho we have like 10 school administrators all earning in excess of 140,000 a year and we have the super. who makes about 190,000 with all bonuses and fringe benifits. When I was in highschool, our district spent millions of dollars building a new gym, even though the one we already had was great. And they built a new auditorium. They paid about 250,000 for a concert grand piano! All this when some classrooms were in portables, and some of the buildings leaked, and we barely had books with covers. If you want to know why Teachers dont get paid, look no farther than the Admins. running the budget. They want the teachers griping about money so that the legislature will buckle and give more. Then they spend it so stupidly it would make a 10th graders head spin. But do they give any to the teachers? Maybe a little, just enough to apease them but not enough to keep them from striking the next year. It makes you sick.
Mr-Tyler

Post by Mr-Tyler »

damn... i sort of wish my schools would ened a month or two early.
I-M StarWarsSaberGod

Post by I-M StarWarsSaberGod »

You guys think you have it bad??? Im in college and i want to know if you were all aware of the budget cuts done to us???? Yeah well some people's classes were cut all together; I'm not talkin about letting out early im talking cut off! Here is an example of how bad this is. Lets say a junior has been going to this college and has already paid thousands of dollars in tuition and class supplies (books etc...). Suddenly the classes are cut that he/she needs to complete his/her degree. This leaves that person to have to make a big decision. Option 1-change majors. Do you know how frieken hard it is to decide your major? Thinks its easy? Just wait till' your forced to do it. Option 2-Transfer schools. This requires a hooooooooooole shit load of paperwork, not to mention a couple more thousand you gotta spend on tuition. Also frequently people have problems with transfering credits which means they have to spend more money to take repeat classes at their new school!!!!!!

Thanx for your time i really needed to get this bs off of my chest! :P
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
New level of force mastery<----- Jedi Lord
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

I-M StarWarsSaberGod wrote:Suddenly the classes are cut that he/she needs to complete his/her degree. This leaves that person to have to make a big decision. Option 1-change majors. Do you know how frieken hard it is to decide your major?
I knew since i was like 10 that i wanted to be an engineer... decided on computer after i met my chemistry teacher.. lol
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Sexy|Beast

Post by Sexy|Beast »

A short list of movies I love:

Snatch
The Matrix
Scarface
Apocalypse Now
Super Troopers
Happy Gilmore
Resevoir Dogs
Sexy Beast
Things are more like they are now than they were before.
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Sexy|Beast wrote:A short list of movies I love:
Sexy Beast
Obviously!
Be seeing you!