My Education is ruined!

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Sexy|Beast

Post by Sexy|Beast »

whoops. Damn I'm retarded. Put that in the wrong thread. :oops:

Going back to bed...
Things are more like they are now than they were before.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Sexy|Beast wrote:whoops. Damn I'm retarded. Put that in the wrong thread. :oops:

Going back to bed...
roflmao
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
SHVDKTY (ID)

Post by SHVDKTY (ID) »

I-M StarWarsSaberGod wrote:Suddenly the classes are cut that he/she needs to complete his/her degree.

Thanx for your time i really needed to get this bs off of my chest! :P
So they decided not to offer a particular degree anymore? They cut a class required for that degree, and therefore cant offer that degree anymore. What degrees did they cut out? If they still want to offer that degree either they will offer the class another time, or semester, or they will change the requirements for that degree....i.e.:instead of this class you now have to take this other class. They do that a lot in like math depts. instead of haveing seperate math classes for each major, they will group a bunch of similar classes together. They just did that at my college.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

StarWarsSaberGod, you are so right about the transferring credit part you wrote. I currently am in my last year at a comm. college and i was about to transfer to RPI (in NY) the following fall, well after talking to them I got pretty much all my credits accepted, but that was because there is a program from my comm. to transfer to RPI, but anyways, i don't feel like coming out of college with 70k in debt so I am prolly gonna go to a state school, where all of the sudden its like, wtf, half of my credits aren't even good anymore, wtf is up with colleges, they cost way to much, and all the excutives always act like assholes regardless of what college you're at, i hate school :cry:
Till DEATH do us Part
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

Like my saying goes
Education = Good, School = Bad
(Edit: Bleh, I hate forum support for HTML)
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
Mr. Smoke =SS=

Post by Mr. Smoke =SS= »

I think you're missing the big picture. If school gets out 3 months early, you'll have more time to play Wolf!!!! GET YOUR PRIORITIES IN ORDER!!!

J/K Of course.

I'm Omaha, NE and the main school district here has issues as well. Not with the threat of any teachers strikes, but still financial related. My daughters (11, 9, and 8 ) bring home books that are in such horrible shape, my wife and I usually end up taking the time to repair as best we can. All three of my girls are supposed to be in advanced math and science classes, but alas, no funding.

I don't know what the answer is to solve the problems of our defunct educational systems. I do know this, its taken all these crappy school boards decades to hose it up and will most likely take decades to fix. :( :evil:
-[XS]-CELL-VIRUS

Post by -[XS]-CELL-VIRUS »

Hummm makes me think......Ouch............
I-M StarWarsSaberGod

Post by I-M StarWarsSaberGod »

gotenks wrote:
I-M StarWarsSaberGod wrote:Suddenly the classes are cut that he/she needs to complete his/her degree. This leaves that person to have to make a big decision. Option 1-change majors. Do you know how frieken hard it is to decide your major?
I knew since i was like 10 that i wanted to be an engineer... decided on computer after i met my chemistry teacher.. lol
Yes... tis true that occasionally someone has a set degree planed in there head, but i was refering to the peeps who go undecided. Know what i mean? Gee wiz gotenks you always have to have the last word dont you. J/k :roll:
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
New level of force mastery<----- Jedi Lord
I-M StarWarsSaberGod

Post by I-M StarWarsSaberGod »

Sexy|Beast wrote:A short list of movies I love:

Snatch
The Matrix
Scarface
Apocalypse Now
Super Troopers
Happy Gilmore
Resevoir Dogs
Sexy Beast
lol sexy i was just wondering if you happened to notice the topic just below this one????? hmmmmmmmmmmm....... :jump:
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
New level of force mastery<----- Jedi Lord
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

I-M StarWarsSaberGod wrote:
gotenks wrote:
I-M StarWarsSaberGod wrote:Suddenly the classes are cut that he/she needs to complete his/her degree. This leaves that person to have to make a big decision. Option 1-change majors. Do you know how frieken hard it is to decide your major?
I knew since i was like 10 that i wanted to be an engineer... decided on computer after i met my chemistry teacher.. lol
Yes... tis true that occasionally someone has a set degree planed in there head, but i was refering to the peeps who go undecided. Know what i mean? Gee wiz gotenks you always have to have the last word dont you. J/k :roll:
i try... ;)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Ariem

Post by Ariem »

Do what I do... HOME SCHOOL! it's the best.
°¿°
Black Adder

Post by Black Adder »

Ariem wrote:Do what I do... HOME SCHOOL! it's the best.
Yes, your avatar is a clear indication of that :P
Ariem

Post by Ariem »

... uhum ...

I see, I'll still have to say it's the best...

Speaking of avatars...
°¿°
I-M nUbee

Post by I-M nUbee »

We are not talking about grades K-8. We are talking about high school and college. You cannot be homeschooled there if you wish to get a damn good job later in life.
Ariem

Post by Ariem »

... you can if you know what yor doing ... sitting on you're ass playing wolf and saying how much crap all this is doesn't help ... You don't need teachers to learn.
°¿°