My Education is ruined!

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

I-M nUbee

Post by I-M nUbee »

Sure of course you dont HAVE to have teachers to learn something , But you definetly need a proper school to get a diploma.
Ariem

Post by Ariem »

Yes... but you don't need a diploma to get a job. So don't sweat it.

If you get a month off because of budget cuts and strikes then:

1. take the month off and eat popcorn at the movies
2. Whatever you what to
3. Do some more school work...
°¿°
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

you don't need a diploma to get a job, true but a lot of colleges look down on homeschooling unless you blow the sat's/act's out of the water. And you don't get a good job without college
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Antsmarching

Post by Antsmarching »

Man--that's no lie. A college degree is the way to go. I have 4 years of classes from Kent State University, but no diploma (I dropped out :( ), and have to kill myself at work every day to make a living. I pour concrete, and lay concrete block (those big gray things that students build stereo stands out of) and brick. Because of my job I have 2 discs in my spine that are bulging to the point of almost rupture, a bad heart, bad knees and intense pain in my right wrist. Sure, I make great money, but I don't think that it's worth it. I'd love to have a nice, cushy office job with a cubicle, but instead I work in the freezing cold wind and snow in the winter, and the heat and humidity of summer.
All because I dropped out of college with a semester left to get a degree.
:crying:
"I bent my Wookie..."
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

Sniff! :cry:
You are what you make of yourself. College or not, you can work your way up in almost ANY field without the degree if you really want to. I am living proof of that.

And if you really want, there are a lot of alternatives to traditional college for anyone who can read this post. You all have a computer. University of Phoenix, National University and MANY other accredited, respected institutions offer on-line degree programs.

Stop whining and get on with your life!
Be seeing you!
Antsmarching

Post by Antsmarching »

You are absolutely correct--but the road to the top is a lot more easy with a diploma. Btw, I'm not whining, I am simply stating my opinion based on my life and life's experiences.
"I bent my Wookie..."
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

if your only a semester away why not get it, save up the money, take night courses if you have to but finish... one semester is too close to slave away. I'm one semester away from my AS degree, then 3 years from my BS :(.
My cousin made his way up the engineering field, but only as a contractor, eg he's unemployed about half the time.
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Antsmarching

Post by Antsmarching »

I own my own masonary contracting company, so I'm trying to save money to start building spec. homes for sale, and turn myself into a bona fide general contrator, instead of just a masonary contractor. Doing this will get me out of the mud and into a more comfortable financial and professional situation.(OFFICE WORK!!!)
I've been out of college since 1995, and I'm not even sure if many of my credits would transfer anywhere after so long out.
I'd rather build houses than much anything else(except play right wing for the Penguins) and I'm not going to dwell on the past and try to get an Interpersonal Comm. degree 8 years later.
Gyro's right--I'm getting on with life.
"I bent my Wookie..."