New admin functionality?

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Are u feelin' my mojo?

Yes
73%
No
No votes
You're on crack!
27%

Total votes: 11

Der Kammisar

New admin functionality?

Post by Der Kammisar »

In the course of writing a post on the =SWAT= forums, I came up with a new idea for an administrative penalty that I think would be fun.

My thinking is this:

Clientkill is a little too harsh for all circumstances, because it gives -3 to the score. Sometimes you would want to give a gentler nudge to unruley players.

The softer, gentler slap to the face........

The Penalty Box

Here's a scenario:

Player X repeatedly binoc airstriks Semi-Admin Y's spawn and then runs up to it and lobs airstikes.

Semi-Admin Y regcognizes that this is dirty pool, and decides to administer some quick referee justice. Semi-Admin Y types /semiadmin penalty (or whatever?) 13.

Player X gets immediately gibbed, without a score penalty, and must wait till redeployment or X seconds, whatever comes first, until they are spawned again.

Player X has some time to reflect on the following message that pops up for thier benefit:
You have been placed in the penalty box for unsportsman-like behavior.

Whaddya think?
=SWAT=DerKammisar
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

nice 8)
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

i prefer ZAP! it gets more cheers. it also gets a great reaction from the zapped individual.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

love the smell of ozone late in the evening...
Ariem

Post by Ariem »

Hey Bani speaking of /clientkill would you make it so that it has /g_showbullets on? It looks cool that way... :twisted:
°¿°
Black Adder

Post by Black Adder »

It was tempting but I resisted the crack vote....

Kenny has a point, I finally got to see a Zapping (up close) and they are quite compelling to both zappie and watchers :lol:

But penalty box sounds interesting (the Canadians should love it), I wonder should it come with a matching STFU?