98SE vs. Xp

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

that place is nice, but i prefer Multi-Wave Direct

--oh yeah, the reason i don't like pricewatch, you have to be reeeaaall careful what you buy, if you buy bulk you won't get certain cables, if you buy an off market product like PowerColor as opposed to ATI, you'll find its a piece of shit, as i made a topic about in this section
Till DEATH do us Part
Ohayden

Post by Ohayden »

I'm with TEAMMATE-8163 on this. Pricewatch.com is a very good tool to find the lowest rates around. I always go there, and if I don't buy from any of the companies listed, at least I know how much I should be paying.
Ohayden
TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

Imbroglio wrote:that place is nice, but i prefer Multi-Wave Direct

--oh yeah, the reason i don't like pricewatch, you have to be reeeaaall careful what you buy, if you buy bulk you won't get certain cables, if you buy an off market product like PowerColor as opposed to ATI, you'll find its a piece of shit, as i made a topic about in this section

buying what in bulk? did you order something in bulk from a site listed on pricewaatch and something was missing?
pricewatch just lists prices from different sites. it doesnt offer the actual products themselves. of course you always have to be careful from what site you buy stuff from. also, i never buy generic products. pricewatch will always have the best prices for brand names.

btw that MSI motherboard MULTI-WAVE has listed on their homepage.. well i found it for at least $10 cheaper on pricewatch.

find me a site that has a brand name product that isnt listed cheaper on pricewatch... excluding monthly membership sites. (although im pretty sure pricewatch will still have it cheaper)
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i primarily use price watch and a local computer store. NeoComputers, if you place the order online and pick it up in the store you dont pay taxes or shipping on it ;)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
-[x]- Surge

Post by -[x]- Surge »

i know a place even cheaper than price watch the manufacture it'self.cause add the shipping and tax and you only save a few bucks lmao
Please visit our site it has a brand new look

http://www.x-clansoldiers.com/

please visit and join our forums if you want to stop by and hang out.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

haha, nope, surge at pricewatch, they already add in "max" shipping to with the product cost to give you your final price, so what you read is what you pay...

as for the buy in bulk thing, a friend of mine bought an ati all-in-wonder 9700 and it was missing the cable to hook up the tv tuner into your sound card, he went to turn in back in and they said no can do, but i def have to agree with looking at some of those places carefully, if you want an ati and it says powercolor, stay the hell away from it... :D

btw- if i was looking to build a new comp w/ an amd athlon XP 2.4, what motherboard would you guys reccommend, cause i've heard everything from asus, to abit, to msi... just a question
Till DEATH do us Part
-[x]- Surge

Post by -[x]- Surge »

soltek makes some sweet board so does giga-byte.you can refer to them here. 8)

http://www.giga-byte.com/

http://www.soltekusa.com/main/
Please visit our site it has a brand new look

http://www.x-clansoldiers.com/

please visit and join our forums if you want to stop by and hang out.
Black Adder

Post by Black Adder »

Imbroglio wrote:btw- if i was looking to build a new comp w/ an amd athlon XP 2.4, what motherboard would you guys reccommend, cause i've heard everything from asus, to abit, to msi... just a question
Asus is a good company and has some great AMD boards. Using the NForce 2 chipset the Asus A7N8X is a choice board.

They used it at Tom's Hardware Guide when they tested out new Barton core chip.

Looks like best buy for money is to stick with Thoroughbred core for now :wink:
Mr-Tyler

Post by Mr-Tyler »

i see what you mean imbroglio. i bought a western digital hd off pricewatch last summer, it was bubblewrapped and came with no instructions or anything. I mean its fine for me, but for some people, that might be a disaster
Mr-Tyler

Post by Mr-Tyler »

oh about motherboards.

go with abit. (i use a kr7a-133r but i only have an xp 1900 which is 1.7 ghz or something.)
TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/ ... EL=MS-6570

if you like nvidia go with this. i reccomend this for anyone who has an nvidia gpu. i have yet to get any BSODs with my nforce, it runs beautifully. if i ever happen to find some cash in a gutter or somewhere, im hooking up one of these bizniches up to a geforce fx.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

lol, you guys even said them in the order that i said them.... asus, abit, msi... haha srry i just thought i'd point that out :lol:
Till DEATH do us Part
SHVDKTY (ID)

Post by SHVDKTY (ID) »

TEAMMATE-8163 wrote:www.pricewatch.com

I used to frequent this site untill I encountered the problem thet every search that I enter comes back with the response
"File.Unspecified error" in the top left of the screen. I have never touched the default settings with internet explorer either. wierd huh
TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

ya i had that too. screw with your privacy settings a bit...for some reason when i set it to a higher level i didnt get the error. netscape seems to work fine though.