To: Anyone that think he/she can help

Any discussions that are non-rtcw/et related go here.

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Imbroglio

To: Anyone that think he/she can help

Post by Imbroglio »

alright, i'm trying to install a new video card into my computer.... the first thing you need to know is that it is my bro's, yet still better than the one i currently have, it is a PowerColor ATI 7500 64mbddr (yeah, i know, fake ati, piece of shit yadda yadda) but i'm wondering if anyone could get this to work....
i am currently running on a:
celeron 1.2 ghz w/ 256sdram
os- XP

now i am wondering two seperate thing....
(1)it shouldn't cause a problem between the ddr memory on the video card and he sdram of my computer should it???
(2)if not... the website says something about running a rom to change my bios settings so that the os will work with the card

thats the part that i need help with. currently when i install the card, it will work fine for about 2 minutes until XP "feels something is wrong" at which point the computer restarts without prompting (XP's way of protecting your computer) the thing is, XP recognizes the card perfectly and it works great for the first two minutes until it restarts....

if you go to the powercolor website (sorry, the site is too slow for the computer i'm currently using or else i'd put it in here myself) it states something about dwnlding the rom file and installing it....

if anyone has any suggestions other than this, it would be greatly appreciated, otherwise, could someone guide me through initializing this rom, thanks :cry:
Till DEATH do us Part
I-M nUbee

Post by I-M nUbee »

did it come with a cd-rom or drivers?
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

Sometimes the drive might not install properly. I would assume that it is firmware problem, or atleast hardware. Try to update your driver first, do an actual update. Then afterwards, find that bios update. Otherwise, get a new card worth installing.
yag si yennek
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

i know its not the drivers cause i installed all the newest ones during my two minute window b4 my computer reset.... the site kept saying something about the bios settings and loading the rom to update it... thats where i need help

==when i get to school and get off a 56k, i'll post the page
Last edited by Imbroglio on Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Till DEATH do us Part
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

have a link to the web site, abd i'll help
yag si yennek
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

here's the PowerColor Link, i emailed them about a week ago about this problem, they must really have problems or they're just plain slow....

-but i'd appreciated it if they can find anything, my vid card is the PowerColor ATI Radeon 7500 (Best Buy Edition), and i'm running xp, and the rest is above, thnks
Till DEATH do us Part
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

i just found the faq page about my vid card and XP
Till DEATH do us Part