1.1.64 beta release

Official Banimod announcements here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

sneaky1

Post by sneaky1 »

actually, its "grande" which means "big" in spanish.

"grandes" [beber a grandes tragos] means "quaff"' in english which mean "to drink deeply".
Success is only gained through failure.
Come check out the new bani league at:
http://www.bani-league.com
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

listen, not to be "shrub-like" in my ways, but in a way i would like to see an optional g_stats that you could enable (completely up to admin), on who had the most kills, deaths, highest accuracy etc. but i personally think it should be limited to those 3 things alone, and also something that indicates the person who returned the docs the most, but if you wanna shoot me down go right ahead... i just figured i'd suggest it, thats all, cause i know it's not that hard to code :?
Till DEATH do us Part
Der Kammisar

Post by Der Kammisar »

Actually for Bani to produce the stats, and have one up on all the other mods, Bani doesn't have to show stats in game.

By adding a couple of things to the server log, he could enable parsers to more accurately accumulate data and track previously untracked info. (I mentioned these in an earlier post)

1. Add a line showing player slot #, GUID and class when the player connects.

Having this you could say the following. Player X plays under 3 names, and regularily plays a medic with a Thompson, but does best as a spy. He routinely spams text and shoves players and has a penchant for falling to his death. His greatest adversary is Player Y who routinely stuns him with a Sten.
=SWAT=DerKammisar
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

Der Kammisar wrote:Actually for Bani to produce the stats, and have one up on all the other mods, Bani doesn't have to show stats in game.

By adding a couple of things to the server log, he could enable parsers to more accurately accumulate data and track previously untracked info. (I mentioned these in an earlier post)

1. Add a line showing player slot #, GUID and class when the player connects.

Having this you could say the following. Player X plays under 3 names, and regularily plays a medic with a Thompson, but does best as a spy. He routinely spams text and shoves players and has a penchant for falling to his death. His greatest adversary is Player Y who routinely stuns him with a Sten.

Great idea but only if it's not going to keep :bows: Bani :bows: from his next upgrade for 6 months
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

yeah,that sounds real sweet, that would help out a bunch too if you ran a bani server to host try-outs... then you could see whats really going on aside from just the usual kills/deaths/accuracy :D
Till DEATH do us Part
Der Kammisar

Post by Der Kammisar »

You mentioned accuracy. I don't see anywhere in the logs how you could measure it. So unless Bani wants to be Shrub, :shock: , you won't ever see it.

BTW One of the funny things I've noticed is that slot 1022 is the world. When you die from indirect enemy actions the world takes credit for killing you.

Of the many things the world can do to you I've noticed the following:
MOD_FALLING
MOD_TRIGGER_HURT
MOD_GRENADE_SPLASH
MOD_CRUSH
MOD_FLAMETHROWER
MOD_EXPLOSIVE
MOD_WATER
MOD_TELEFRAG
MOD_ROCKET

I know what all of 'em mean but MOD_TRIGGER_HURT. And I'm surprised to see u can be telefragged.
=SWAT=DerKammisar
TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

hmmmmm telefraged? i have never seen this happen in wolf, is there some kind of cvar that disables this on default?

oh, the good 'ol days of unreal tournament... i remember that spawning thing that you were able to carry around.... if you spawned under someone you would frag them. that thing was wicked. i would have requested it long ago as a banimod feature but that would seriously unbalance wolf.
WeblionX

Post by WeblionX »

I think the mod_trigger_hurt is when you can get hurt by... trigger_hurt brushes. You see, the map is made up of brushes. Brushes have different properties. trigger_hurt is for things like making barbwire take away 25 health every second you stay in it, or to automatically gib someone if they fall into a trap that's supposed to kill right away.
Got any old idtech3 tutorials you made or saved? Send them my way.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

Weblion is right..

As for stats, the only stat I want to ever see is headshot ratio. I suck at headshots, and I would like to see my progress with making them more accurate.

Also... I wish when it tells you (as a med) the stuff like double revive, multi revive, mega revive, monster revive, etc., I wish it would tell you how many revives you had...
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

...maybe bani could make the stats in a way that you would be able to customize them.... for example, making the stats client side rather than showing them to everybody, and you could be able to turn on things like /showheadshotper 1 or /showmedrev 1, something that each client could customize as a way of seeing whether or not they are getting better as individuals
Till DEATH do us Part
Der Kammisar

Post by Der Kammisar »

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the shrub style stats. I can live without the instant flash on the screen of who is accurate or not.

Stats to me are something that you'd see on the server website.

BTW thanks Weblion didn't think of that. :oops:

If u look at the log it's easy to track health you've dropped it shows up as Item: 10 item_health where 10 is the player slot. Same format for ammo. I'd still have to think though on how to incorporate that into the stats as a Medic score. Maybe it'd be # of packs + # of revives + # of kills - # of deaths? I still have to figure out the perfect structure of my program. I'm not exactly a wiz when it comes to object oriented design. :cry:

Oh here's a consideration. Anyone know how server scanners work? I assume If I was going to collect real-time I'd have to set up a listener object at the server address and port. I'll have to look that one up too. :twisted:
=SWAT=DerKammisar
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

I hate the idea of having to use parsing client-side. I would just like an option (default off for everyone) that would let me see my headshot ratio or percentage. That's all. But with the medic thing - that's for when a message pops up on your screen when you do many revives in a short period of time... Sometimes I've had big runs where I revived tons of people really quickly, and I would like to know how many people I revived...

But I never want to see stats like shrub. I hate that crap - most kills, most revives, best accuracy, blah blah blah...
sneaky1

Post by sneaky1 »

These are great idea's and all but maybe you should post them in the
"BANIMOD FEATURE REQUESTS"? :roll:
Success is only gained through failure.
Come check out the new bani league at:
http://www.bani-league.com
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

there is a spawn distance cvar command that keeps people from telefragging eachother. By default it is set to 100 quake units I think. If you set it to 0 you should be able to telefrag eachother.
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

No, that's for the distance in quakeunits people can set spawnpoints from an objective. 0 means they would be able to drop spawnpoints on the docs in the war room on beach. ;) Default is 1000...