What's your favorite ET server?

Discussion about specific ET servers

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Curly

What's your favorite ET server?

Post by Curly »

I'm just curious, what's everyone's favorite ET server so far and why?
"Now, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and I don't let anyone else tell me either."
Michael Garibaldi-Babylon5-2259
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

um, none of them? they all suck.

its total noobville. the team stacking is worse than ever and everyone wants to go rambo and whore for XP rather than play as a team. i've run into more abuse in the last week or so on ET servers than ive seen on RTCW in the last 6 months...

i mean now you got ppl tk'ing you just so they can build constructibles first and whore the XP.

theres a lot of issues in ET that I plan to fix. nerfed garand/k43, monster medics, spammy pf soldiers.

ppl know me as a pretty good sniper in rtcw. in et the sniper rifles are totally nerfed and annoying. you are no longer rewarded for good aim, and might as well aim for the body since youre always going to kill in 2-3 shots regardless if you aim for the head or not.

its kind of ridiculous when i play as a medic that i can get 600+ xp by the end of round 1. by that time you can go adrenalin and mow down semingly endless enemy players, totally unstoppable except by a direct pf hit. you also revive players with full health, which is really unbalanced.
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

Well, lets at least hope that they work out most of these things by final release. I am sure they are fixing most of those bugs you mentioned already. It might be a good idea to go post your beefs on thier forums so bani has less to fix...heh heh jk. But to answer your question, I personally like the...uh...well, damn there really aren't any servers that are good all the time. Alot of the servers are run with lame settings and the teams are never fair. It is nice to be able to play with 54 clients though. I can't wait for new maps.
GI Goku
Location: My body is sitting at the computer while my mind surfs the net

Post by GI Goku »

I think ET Unlimited is good.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

et phone home of-course
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

{Zer0} 6 map campaign
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

The {Zer0} server is usually pretty good...when people are actually playing there.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

we're usually pretty full from around 8:30am till about 1:00am, except during our practices. Oh and we are definately pro active with regards to server behavior
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

gotenks wrote:we're usually pretty full from around 8:30am till about 1:00am
Well then, that explains why I always see it empty.
soyarma

Post by soyarma »

The best server is the ilangame.com FuelDump server. Its a 6 map campaign server of all fueldump. Server is full 24/7, runs etpro and has good ref coverage. Its just a heck of a lot of fun.
Michael Cooper
www.ilangame.com
et.ilserv.net
{Zer0}Eclipse

Post by {Zer0}Eclipse »

gotenks wrote:{Zer0} 6 map campaign
:wink:
bacon

Post by bacon »

gotenks wrote:{Zer0} 6 map campaign
Been there a lot recently (mainly cuz the 'ET Phone Home' servers are empty :D)
Etnies`

Post by Etnies` »

The M8D server is pretty good, got a turn over, and of course [AE] Midwest :wink:
Admin Rain

Post by Admin Rain »

soyarma wrote:The best server is the ilangame.com FuelDump server. Its a 6 map campaign server of all fueldump. Server is full 24/7, runs etpro and has good ref coverage. Its just a heck of a lot of fun.

Ilan is so not cool....who wants to play the same map over and over again you guys need to get out of there and play some customs....Fuel dump is good but come on a little noobish to play the same map over and over...you need to find a new place to camp.....there are goooood servers in ET..Just needs to be updated more often to fix the things Bani had mentioned and then some....EnemyRains 15 map hell!! as soon as I get the mod to work :lol: :wink:
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

bani wrote:um, none of them? they all suck.

its total noobville. the team stacking is worse than ever and everyone wants to go rambo and whore for XP rather than play as a team. i've run into more abuse in the last week or so on ET servers than ive seen on RTCW in the last 6 months...

i mean now you got ppl tk'ing you just so they can build constructibles first and whore the XP.

theres a lot of issues in ET that I plan to fix. nerfed garand/k43, monster medics, spammy pf soldiers.

ppl know me as a pretty good sniper in rtcw. in et the sniper rifles are totally nerfed and annoying. you are no longer rewarded for good aim, and might as well aim for the body since youre always going to kill in 2-3 shots regardless if you aim for the head or not.

its kind of ridiculous when i play as a medic that i can get 600+ xp by the end of round 1. by that time you can go adrenalin and mow down semingly endless enemy players, totally unstoppable except by a direct pf hit. you also revive players with full health, which is really unbalanced.
i couldn't agree any more -- i hate the whole xp system and skill upgrades. playing with the lowest is annoyingly difficult, and it makes playing against skilled up people as close to impossible as possible.

i'll probably get flammed for saying what i really think, but it honestly makes no sense why the strong get stronger and the weak get weaker... it's almost like a communistic xp economy. not that xp gauges how good you are... of course.
"Common sense isn't very common."