liked it the old way
31%
like it with one flag pole
8%

Total votes: 13

THE JUGGERNAUT

one flag pole!! please read and reply

Post by THE JUGGERNAUT »

Hey I was on an ice map today and there was only one flag pole!!! it was in the center of the map, in the middle room. I don't think this is fair to axis or allies :!: Because to allies its harder to score because even though the axis can't cow anymore that flag is still easer to get to for them. I was on axis, and it was hard for us too!
Even though I was on the axis team we still had a hard time. Because the new ppl that didn't realice there was only one flag. Plus now no one can cow at all. that kinda sucks :( even the allies like to cow. :idea: How about having a flag in the transmitter(easer for allies to get to) and one on top of the allies base or the old storage place, plus one in the middle. this way if the axis or allies want to cow they both can. The transmitter isn't as safe as the hut is :idea: just a thought
THE UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT form marvel comics
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

I dont know, after a while it kinda grew on me. I kinda like it, but i would like it better to have a vote to change it on and off. I think that people should get used to it. There should always be 1 server of each, so we can choose...
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

i think the concept of one flag pole would be better on mp.depot and the flags on mp.ice should be put back. i dont see why bani would want to take all the poles out. if the allies dont want the axis to cow, then they should stop coming to them!
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
Gyro Gearloose

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

I think that any CP map needs at least 4 flagpoles. The problem is that at least 2 have to be in "neutral" territory. It's OK to locate one flagpole in each team's home territory, where they can locate a cow, but there has to be a balance so that no team has a large advantage.

That was the problem with the original ice map. The Axis flagpoles were well protected and easily accessible to Axis players. The same could not be said for the Allies.

Perhaps, if one flagpole was removed from the Axis, AND one flagpole relocated for the Allies, it would be a more balanced and fair map.
Be seeing you!
THE JUGGERNAUT

Post by THE JUGGERNAUT »

hey all I just got off a server. with ice map on it and they are literally cursing bani... because they believe that he did this.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

if they dont like it they can join the forum and suggest better ways to balance ice.

if they dont participate in the forums then they have nobody to blame but themselves.
The Big Bad Cow

bani, i suggest that you change it back fast. do SOMETHING or else people will stop playing. i say that we put it back to the original setup. like i said, if the allies dont want the axis to cow, stop going to them. we should have a big pole and get all the members to respond, that way we get an accurate responce form the gamers. but change it back and try to think of a better solution before they get even more pissed at you
Memorable Quotes:
"Froth and awe!!!"
The Big Bad Cow

and by the way, most people are too lazy to join the forum to complain and to egotistical to blame it on them selfs
Memorable Quotes:
"Froth and awe!!!"
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

im not changing it until players suggest a better solution to balance ice.

no participation = no change.

ice was too unbalanced to axis, now neither side has an unfair advantage.

if players are lazy to join the forums then they have nobody to blame but themselves.
Anthrax Infection

Post by Anthrax Infection »

i think the middle flag should be gone, the transmitter flag is back and i agree wit cow, STOP COMING TO US!!!
Saint|Soma

Post by Saint|Soma »

the only truly balanced map in goldrush is trenchtoast....if you're really that interested in keeping balance then why not make an automatic side switch after each round. a good team is then forced to change its tactics if it doesn't have the easy cow position. i've seen plenty of allied teams win on ice just by superior tactics.
dhsocrazy

How to balance

Post by dhsocrazy »

Hello,

My first post here.

1 pole makes the game revolve around the center room, whereas many poles spreads the game out more. I mostly play ICE, and I have noticed less activity around the map with 1 center pole.

Cows: The axis have a room with good protection on 3 sides while the allies don't really have this luxury. This could easily be balanced by making the room where the normal war plans are being open and the allies could put there cow in there. The best the allies can do to cow now is put someone in a house, which is far from a pole(with the multi-pole style). The room on the top on the building is close to a pole and offers 3 side of protection and is also close to the allied spawn point. I think this would balance out the ICE map nicely.

David
ozzwald

one flag pole

Post by ozzwald »

Hi,

I agree changes are necessary, as the axis had a far easier time cowing, though I did see someone manage a 20k+ cow on allies yesterday with 1 flag. The 1 flag means that covert/stealth actions are no longer any use and most time is spent just running to the centre to die.

I agree with the suggestion of having a flag at the transmitter and one at the stronghold, opening the docs room to make it easier to defend.

I would also leave the centre flag, as it is a nice dropping off point if a good fire fight is happening

ozz
THE JUGGERNAUT

Post by THE JUGGERNAUT »

First off bani you do great things :!: If someone told me a few months ago that I would be playing a game where when you shoot someone they blowup and gold comes out of their asses, I would have gave them a blank stare :shock: but anyways i have another suggestion how about making the room on top of the allies base where you would normally get the documents, make that room open :!: This way allies could have protection right by the flag :D

The hut on top of the axis look out is better to cow in for axis. So you could delete that flag pole and only have the one by the transmitter. then it would be a 3 pole game one at the allies base, middle room, and one at the transmitter. That would be cool for everyone i think that way axis has the transmitter(thats easer to get to there then to the hut for the allies) and the allies have the base with a room to hide in.(which means more protection and closer to the flag) and one in the middle for easy drop offs.

Someone said now with this new game(one pole in the middle room). That sneaking around is out of the question is right. But there is a lot of ppl that don't get that and they don't even run into the room they try to fight out side of it :roll: I hate these kinda ppl these are the ppl that stand around and they don't give you back up to help you win the fight, that could have like 10+ gold on the line. They're like scared to die or something :roll: Like if they die they will not come back whats up with that :?:
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

First off, wonderful work bani, I absolutely love this mod. You've done great work, and I'm always curious to see what is comming up next.

Ok, I've played a lot of Ice with normal flagpoles, and 1 flagpole. Personally, I think the map is just pretty much a different style of play alltogether either way.

Here's the thing; with multiple poles, the axis may have a safer cow area, but the allies can still get the cow to the flag just fine. If they do lots of /shoving (which changed the game even more than the pole removal, if you ask me), and cover that tunnel entrance, almost no axis can get through there in time. To be honest, with all poles, I saw the allies win much more often.

Now with 1 pole, I personally think the axis have an advantage. I see them win almost every time now. The problem is, to be honest, newbies. The axis' route it pretty straightforward; run out of spawn, go into tunnel. The allies on the other hand... you've got people wandering around the stronghold (and those horrible people that like to just sit on top of the mountians and do nothing), and people just generally wandering around outside. This is in no way something to blame the one pole thing on, it's just bad luck with your team.

Now, anyone who has played ice normally, or competatively, know that the middle pole is almost -exactly- the same distance from both spawns. the first people out of spawn to the pole will almost always meet up at the pole at the same time. So, that would be in defense of the one pole being fair. But to me, I still see the axis having the advantage. But hey, there's really nothing you can do about that. When it all comes down to it, a team of players who know what they are doing give the advantage, no matter what.

So in conclusion (yea, I wrote too much, meh), It seems to me that all poles is slightly favored to allies, while one pole is slightly favored to axis. So really, both are good I think. If it's possible to vote on a change for them, than that'd be nice.

Oh yea, and I'm pretty sure it's not possible to open that doc room on the allied stronghold, since it's set to checkpoint. But who knows, maybe it's possible...