15%
liked it the old way
31%
like it with one flag pole
8%

Total votes: 13

THE JUGGERNAUT

Post by THE JUGGERNAUT »

I don't know if bani can open the door to the documents room or not. But bani did a lot of things that no one else could even think of, you know, so maybe he can :!: Before one pole axis had the advantage in cowing if the axis cows in the hut they win99% of the time by a big score difference. If the axis cow was in the tarnsmitter he was killed more then in the hut, like 50-50. I still think the axis have it better then allies do with one pole because allies have to go though more of the halls then the axis do and halls are easer to defend then an open place you know. If you get like hafe of the axis team in that room its realy hard to get them all out of it.

If you ask me i think that the pole in the middle is closer to the axis main spawn then to the allies main spawn. Also i think that the axis second spawn house is farther then the main spawn is to the pole, and the allied second spawn house is closer then the main allied spawn house is to the pole. Does any one else think this is ture to :?:
THE UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT form marvel comics
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

Ok. well so far all we have realized is ice is unbalenced. I think that bani atleast tried to make it more fun and exciting for allys and axis. I consider myself to be a big bani mod fan. its wierd but when i play regular games, i dont have much fun. I find that the halls get cluderd up with gold, and its fun woudering if an ally will pop out the door. I tend to do really well playing that type of game. I think.... The winner of the poll should be the dicision on what we should do about the unbalenced problem. I think it makes it into two different games. So i kinda like the pole, but BANI, please make it so we can vote for it and agianst it!!! :!: :!: :!:
Gyro Gearloose

Make it 3 flagpoles

Post by Gyro Gearloose »

I agree that 1 flagpole in ice is not enough. I like the idea of 3 or 4 flagpoles:

One at the Axis Transmitter Room
One in the center room
One at the Allies Stronghold - open up the door where the docs are

Eliminate the one at the Axis' stronghold and the one near the Allies tunnel entrance.
-or-
Maybe keep the one near the Allies tunnel entrance.

The key here is that there are too few good maps for goldrush. I think we should all look for better CP maps and should encourage designers to come up with some better balanced maps.
Be seeing you!
THE JUGGERNAUT

Post by THE JUGGERNAUT »

I would like it to be known that i totally agree with gyro. thats what i want to happen :D and i would also like to say to everyone thank you for replying. :D Oh yeah and if any of you guys know bani would you ask him to reread and reply to my topic thanks...
THE UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT form marvel comics
ericclemmons

New Idea

Post by ericclemmons »

Honestly, i like the 1 flag pole much better..There's less Gold Farmers out there now...

However, it still favors axis.

REALIZE THIS: On MP mode, the map always favors Allies. On GOLDRUSH, it will ALWAYS favor axis, unless the single pole becomes the Allied Stronghold.

:idea: I suggest something else...how about, NO POLES...think about it.

But Mr. Luva Luva, how can we score if we have no poles? I suggest a time constraint. YOu have to hoard whatever gold you have for a certain amount of time. Then it becomes cashed. It's kinda like taking a crap. You can't suddenly eat something and crap it out and feel relief...you have to wait, long & hard and UGGGGHHH that load out. :lol:

:) So, i suggest the time constraint works similar to the point system.

If you have 1 gold, yo uhave to survive for I dunno...30 seconds to a minute. I'm not sure.. In the first minute of the game, the carnage hasn't really begun... But if you have 20 gold, oh, shizzle..You have to hold it for 15 seconds or something..

I dunno..maybe it should be the other way around. Perhaps if you want to cash more gold, you have to hold it for a longer period of time. That makes sense...

Let's POLE this. :) hehe.. get it?
==================
Mr. Luva Luva luvs ya :)
Dr. James

Post by Dr. James »

Well, gripe all you want, but until a suggestion is made, bani is keeping it. Waddle on over to The Big Bad Cow's Thread on this and vote to fix this situation!!

http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... .php?t=153
Logic_Bomber

1 Pole Vote Please... and auto switchteams

Post by Logic_Bomber »

Ok 1 pole definitely provides for some pretty intense play but... I definitely liked the original way better. Taking away the option of cowing takes away a LARGE part of the game. It's so satisfying to pop your opponents fat cow after all their hard work while hoping someone is taking care of your cow. :D 1 pole on the map makes it just a wild firefight over one room, nobody cares about any other part of the map.

I think that a 1 pole vote would be great. And maybe a automatic switch teams every few rounds or so would be good for both one pole and original. Thats my 2 cents.
dhsocrazy

1 POL AND MORE

Post by dhsocrazy »

Hi,

1 pole means 90% of the fighting is done in that room now, not like it used to be all over the map.

I have another idea... why not alter the score percentage wise for an unb alanced team? If the axis has 2, and allies 3 players, then make the score for the axis be 50% more( is that math right?). In other words, make a bonus for the handicapped team.

Dave
dhsocrazy

Just wondering

Post by dhsocrazy »

I was just wondering, was I the first one to suggest the Allied war plan(or radio) room be opened up for the Allied cow? I see it is now and was not sure if my idea was the origin of this change?

David
SchuteMie

Post by SchuteMie »

The Big Bad Cow wrote:if the allies dont want the axis to cow, stop going to them.
:?: Sorry, what do you mean by stop going to them? Who is going to whom? And how will that stop axis from cowing?
________
extreme vaporizer
Last edited by SchuteMie on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Big Bad Cow

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

dude, first of all, stop posting on on old threads.
what do you mean by stop going to them? Who is going to whom? And how will that stop axis from cowing?

we want the allies to stop going to the axis base and getting killed and thus giving gold to the axis players who then give the gold to the cow
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
SchuteMie

Post by SchuteMie »

The Big Bad Cow wrote:dude, first of all, stop posting on on old threads.
Sorry, Big Bad Cow, they're new to me. :wink:
The Big Bad Cow wrote:we want the allies to stop going to the axis base and getting killed and thus giving gold to the axis players who then give the gold to the cow
Two answers:
1) That gold at the Axis entrance to North Hall in my experience is mostly Axis getting gibbed because of the intense firefight. Axis will pick up most of that gold (99%) because it is too far for Allies to carry a large load to a pole safely, unless with better team coordination than I've usually seen. I mean, they are right there at the Axis respawn point! Most of Allies breaking thru at that entrance is usually one or two at a time going after the Axis cow at the lookout post.

(My responses are definitely assuming there are a reasonable number of players on both sides. If 6 or less, the tactics are always different.)

2) When Axis picks up that gold (regardless of any disagreement as to where it came from), they don't have to farm it, they can cash it since the pole is right there. But they/we don't. Why? Because they/we have a cow!

How about NO COW? It's usually very difficult to get a team to play a round without a cow. If your team agrees not to cow, the other team can anyway. Sometimes that's great fun, even though your team will not win (unless you get their cow!), just to see the teamwork in a free-for-all!

:idea: Could Bani come up with a mod that could allow vote for Goldrush cow on/off, or have it play a couple of rouns without cows automatically every few rounds? How would it work?
________
Toyota Motor North America
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

a hoarding cap, eg max 5 or 10 gold or something.
SchuteMie

Post by SchuteMie »

I can justify an individual (not a cow) keeping 5-10 gold while safely hidden looking for more. (How many times have I lost the load while pushing for "just a little more!") :cry:

So maybe a combination of hoarding cap as you said, and a time factor. You could keep 5 longer than 10, and 15 longer than 25, etc. Think that has possibilities?

P.S. Bani, I really enjoy Banimod RTCW the best. I appreciate the thought and effort!
________
MEL engine
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

i def. have to say that i'm with bani, one pole on ice=balanced play, as for the hoarding handicap, that's also a good idea but you need to make it higher than 10, because it's not even considered a goldrush till you have 8, so if you made it higher, closer to 20, that would def. be a whole lot better. Something needs to be done with the depot too, i don't know what , maybe a single pole like ice, cause for allies its right close to trains, while for axis, you have to go all the way up the rockpath(If you're cowing), and i think it should change as ice did. Feel free to expand on this.
Till DEATH do us Part