nominate oldcrows semiadmins

Discussion about specific Banimod servers ...<br>
Players may post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Swerve has a really good point, I see alot of nominations from people who are never even on OC, I can atest to this because I eat, live and breath on that server 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) . I truly believe Swerve would be the best choice regardless of when he is on, if you need two semi admins one for day and one for eve that is up to to you. However you do need someone who is fair and won't abuse there authority on the server. I would truly hate to see something really bad happen on the Server I play 24-7 by someone who doesn't even play there :x :x :x :x I know the majority of the players there BECAUSE I have been playing there 24-7 for 2 years now. I didn't nominate Swerve because we are in the same clan but because I have known him for as long as I have been playing (even before I joined his clan) and I know he is a fair, resonable, mature player
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

Trinity wrote:Swerve has a really good point, I see alot of nominations from people who are never even on OC, I can atest to this because I eat, live and breath on that server 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) . I truly believe Swerve would be the best choice regardless of when he is on, if you need two semi admins one for day and one for eve that is up to to you. However you do need someone who is fair and won't abuse there authority on the server. I would truly hate to see something really bad happen on the Server I play 24-7 by someone who doesn't even play there :x :x :x :x I know the majority of the players there BECAUSE I have been playing there 24-7 for 2 years now. I didn't nominate Swerve because we are in the same clan but because I have known him for as long as I have been playing (even before I joined his clan) and I know he is a fair, resonable, mature player
banimod has only existed a year...;)
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

OOPS My Bad :oops: :oops: :oops: Seems like alot longer than that. I have been playing RTCW since I moved here and I have lived here for like 3 years and I played ObJ before OC Damn it sure seems like alot longer than a year truly does :shock: :shock: :shock: Where does all the time go :? :? :? :? :?
-[x]- badman

Post by -[x]- badman »

ahh trin good point. but u see all the people nominated are oc vets zf.duke, ect.

they are bani originals. but they moved on to much more challenging things outside the gr servers.

swerve would make a good oc 32 admin. but i never see him anywhere else.
are u ready to die!
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

Thats because you have an early bed time :) Besides...all I have really been playing lately is OBJ and ET...I only go to the goldrush servers to play with my friends.
-[x]- badman

Post by -[x]- badman »

what time zone are u in?
are u ready to die!
-[x]- badman

Post by -[x]- badman »

unless 3:00am to 4:00am is an early bed time :D :D
are u ready to die!
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

Thats about when I get on...but usually no

oops..forgot I'm in arizona time zone...no daylight savings time.
Lion Rampant

Post by Lion Rampant »

BIRDBOY wrote:I DONT THINK IF UR IN THE SAME CLAN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PICK SOMEONE FROM THAT CLAN. :idea:
Personally, I don't think anybody who is in a clan should be a semi-admin. Too much risk that the clan will take the server over. If a clan wants to have semi-admin rights they should spend their own money and get their own server.

Lion Rampant
Scot's steel tempered wi' Irish Fire
Is the weapon I desire
OrgyBanana

Post by OrgyBanana »

Lion Rampant wrote:
BIRDBOY wrote:I DONT THINK IF UR IN THE SAME CLAN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PICK SOMEONE FROM THAT CLAN. :idea:
Personally, I don't think anybody who is in a clan should be a semi-admin. Too much risk that the clan will take the server over. If a clan wants to have semi-admin rights they should spend their own money and get their own server.

Lion Rampant
I completely agree with Lion.

But, Swerve wouldn't do that, I've known him for a really long time. And he's very trustworthy. He wouldn't kick enyone off the servers if they didn't deserve it.

He does have his own server, but his connection isn't as strong for it to be able to run all day.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

in zer0's bani server i am probably one of the most tolerant in my clan... i know most admins are, they don't kick unless they have sufficient reason too... power corrupts, absolutepower uncorupts ;)
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Lion Rampant

Post by Lion Rampant »

gotenks wrote:i know most admins are, they don't kick unless they have sufficient reason too... power corrupts
My answer to that is =SWAT= Kenny ? Having viewed the SWAT forums I haven't seen so many people asking why they they have been banned !

Lion Rampant
Is the weapon I desire
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

lol you have to have rcon to ban... semi admin will only let you kick
but there are people who need to be kicked
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Lion Rampant

Post by Lion Rampant »

OrgyBanana wrote: But, Swerve wouldn't do that, I've known him for a really long time. And he's very trustworthy. He wouldn't kick enyone off the servers if they didn't deserve it.

He does have his own server, but his connection isn't as strong for it to be able to run all day.
I can't comment on Swerve as I don't know him and don't think I've played with or against him. Judging by the posts in this forum he does seem to be the most popular choice for a semi-admin slot but Bani will need more to cover all the OC servers. My only concern with this is that I like the Oldcrows servers and with the exception of a few players/clans most of the players as a group offer good competition. I'd hate to see that change because of an admin who is too immature for the role. I guess Bani has his work cut out with this one. :?

Lion Rampant
Is the weapon I desire
I-M StarWarsSaberGod

Post by I-M StarWarsSaberGod »

Uhhhhh. I know i dont play anymore, but i used to play alot and i say id have to nominate and/or vote for gotenks and duke. As i recall they were both good players and seemed very mature. And from the posts ive read from them they have a good sense of humor and know when to take things litteraly or not.
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
New level of force mastery<----- Jedi Lord