Another voice soundpack, please

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Admins/Players: Is this good?

Admin: Yes
31%
Admin: No
No votes
Player: Yes
38%
Player: No
31%

Total votes: 16

Indifference

Another voice soundpack, please

Post by Indifference »

It is sometimes difficult to keep players on your team together as a team. Case in point, it is a popular tactic in goldrush to "fallback" or stay close to your base. Of course the other team counters with a co and waypoints, but sometimes noobs and vets that are new to goldrush will only stay their patrol patterns so long before venturing off into enemy territory in search of glory and riches.

Another senario is that the team stays so far back that you can't get coverage or coverfire if you are more than 10 feet from your respawn. You know, your snipers just camp at your base right next to the respawn and the other team slaughters you because their co is near.

This is why I would like to request some teamwork-inducing voice_teamchat. Like "Fallback!"/"Retreat!", "Get the gold!"/"Pick up ze golt!", "Charge!"/"Attack ze enemy!", "Spread out."/"Don't bunch up.", "Stay together!"/"Stay wit ze group!" and stuff like that.

I know I have been long winded, but I am that determined about it. The taunts are great, but I think that these will get more use during the game. the taunts will mostly follow kills and the end of rounds.

Thanks Bani, even if you think this is a bad idea! Great mod!!!
I appreciate Medics... They make nice targets in my scope.
OrgyBanana

Post by OrgyBanana »

NO DON'T!

The soundpacks already in banimod now are driving everyone insane.

They spam them everywhere.

As soon as you put these soundpacks in, They're going to be used for nothing BUT spamming.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well bani has anti span for that and bisides the bani vsay are fun fun so ez to use for spam i never heard any1 spam followme or stuff like that caz it are commands not jsut funny things to say
OrgyBanana

Post by OrgyBanana »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:well bani has anti span for that and bisides the bani vsay are fun fun so ez to use for spam i never heard any1 spam followme or stuff like that caz it are commands not jsut funny things to say

So you're one of the spammers.

And no, The Anti-Spam things dont work at times.

Just the other day one guy help down a VSAY key, and spammed it about 8 or 9 times.

If the anti-spam thing only lets about 3 of each VSAY in a row, they can just switch to a new one.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

depending on server setting you can moddyfi the nr of same chat and total chat so its all included
OrgyBanana

Post by OrgyBanana »

I was talking about Bani's servers.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yeah me2 :?
Indifference

Post by Indifference »

I'm thinking along the lines of what I've heard in ET. I don't know how many of you played or are still playing Q3A, but there is a Mod called Urban Terror that is a full conversion. It takes the Q3A Engine and uses it in a game similar but much better than cs(http://urbanterror.net).

The Teamchat menus that they have are great! There isn't one teamchat that I've never heard in Urban Terror.(http://urbanterror.net/manual/controls.htm)

And as far as the spamming thing, that's when you ask them, in global chat, to stop the spam. If they don't... call a vote and STFU there newb ass. If he/she gets creative and desides he wants to get back at you by killing themselves over and over, then kick them. Or, admins, set your server to kick for low score, like -9.
I appreciate Medics... They make nice targets in my scope.