question about guid

GUID registry for veteran servers

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

gotenks

question about guid

Post by gotenks »

I'm about to reinstall my wolf with a goy i just bought, will this change my guid? i changed my cdkey on my currently installed wolf to the new cdkey. aka is it cdkey based or install/cdkey based?
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

cd key/ip based i think
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

TEAMMATE-8163 wrote:cd key/ip based i think
i don't think it's ip based, i have a test inprocess i'll let everyone know when i'm done.
My Website
TEAMMATE-8163

Post by TEAMMATE-8163 »

i know for a fact that reinstalling wont change your guid.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

it was a diferent version too... non goy to goy... however doesn't matter the guid is 100% cdkey based, even between types of wolf (goy and non goy)
My Website
Ohayden

Post by Ohayden »

What about Volume Serial Number?
Ohayden
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

made absolutely no difference:
original cdkey was cdkey 1
cdkey 1 gave guid1
changed cdkey original instal cdkey 2 gave guid2
cdkey 2 used when installing goy gave guid2
My Website
Ohayden

Post by Ohayden »

Am I getting too old? Whats a "goy"?
Ohayden
Sexy|Beast

Post by Sexy|Beast »

I believe he means "GOTY". Game Of The Year.

New versions of Wolf are GOTY.
Things are more like they are now than they were before.
Ohayden

Post by Ohayden »

If you meant goty then that has nothing to do the the volume serial number. Did you try installing the same cd key on a different computer or different hd? You have me curious now ;) Most likely it won't change. Makes sense that they want the one cd key to only produce one GUID, otherwise it would be difficult for them to detect peeps using the same cd key.
Ohayden
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

ok ok i surrender.

wolf based GUID by ID:
its based on the cd key

wolf based GUID by PB:
its based on IP and the CD key

that is why you get 2 guids when you go to the swat servers. if you have the PB client on and you get banned on a server NOT running PB it will roll to your GUID done by ID; thus u will have a differenct one. If you turn your PB client off you will ALWAYS being using the ID based GUID.

If you play on a PB server then you will never have 2 GUIDS it will always force the PB based one and you will be banned based on that ONE.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
Der Kammisar

Post by Der Kammisar »

Speaking of GUID related subjects.

I'm looking at parsing server logs, just for the hell of it. I've noticed that there are two pieces of information that indicate players.

1. Player Name. Which will vary from game to game and even possibly withing games.
2. Player Slot Number. Which will vary from time to time as people leave and open slots and people come in and take slots.

The person's GUID should be constant throughout his/her play through the day. Unfortunately, the GUID isn't listed anywhere in the log.

My questions are: (Possibly nobody but ID knows this)

Where is the log functionality located? Is it in the engine or can it be modded? Is there a verbose option that displays it? What the dealio?

This is one reason CSSports tracks by name and not by any other method.
=SWAT=DerKammisar
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

Der Kammisar wrote:Speaking of GUID related subjects.

I'm looking at parsing server logs, just for the hell of it. I've noticed that there are two pieces of information that indicate players.

1. Player Name. Which will vary from game to game and even possibly withing games.
2. Player Slot Number. Which will vary from time to time as people leave and open slots and people come in and take slots.

The person's GUID should be constant throughout his/her play through the day. Unfortunately, the GUID isn't listed anywhere in the log.

My questions are: (Possibly nobody but ID knows this)

Where is the log functionality located? Is it in the engine or can it be modded? Is there a verbose option that displays it? What the dealio?

This is one reason CSSports tracks by name and not by any other method.
wont be consistent as i said. it will only be consistent on servers that have pb running. on a server without pb t he GUIDS will always vary on map rotations. I believe if you are on a PB enabled server it will log guids in the wolf.log.

the log file is located in:
root\wolf\bani\wolf.log

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

GUIDs are calculated off your cd key, and they always remain the same no matter what server you connect to. This applies to both punkbuster and non-punkbuster servers.
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

bani wrote:GUIDs are calculated off your cd key, and they always remain the same no matter what server you connect to. This applies to both punkbuster and non-punkbuster servers.
ID guids DO NOT = PB guids