Request for Banimod ET - XP System

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

dragon

Post by dragon »

I'm in total agreeance here. The OPTION to be able to configure XP levels would be awesome for clan games.

A few more things to toss into the pot.....

Configurable Max Weapons/Classes (The ability to nominate HOW MANY of a particular weapon/class is available) Include Airstrikes/Artillery in this. Basically, improve the HWR setting.

Configurable amount of Landmines - Let you configure how many landmines can be planted (0-10)

Fix the voting system so Admins/ref's can cancel/pass a vote by their F1 or F2
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

O2.iceman
Oxygen
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

O2.iceman wrote:Oh and I don't see the reason for anyone to criticise the option - it's just that, an OPTION. Don't like it, turn it off!
Thanks for the support Iceman, although I think it's more a case of "Like it? Don't turn it off!" as I would never suggest XP should be off by default. Leave XP as it is, but give Clans the option of switching it off if they want.
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

An additional Option...

If configurable levels is too flexible (i.e. you end up with every server being different), and a simple ON/OFF too strict, how about a single setting to lock XP at a certain level?

g_xplocklevel [0..4] // set XP to level 0,1,2,3 or 4
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

*_noranks cvar is now implemented.

you still score XP, but you dont rank up and you dont get increased abilities if its set.

* will be decided once a name for the ET competetion mod has been selected...
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

Bani, you're a star! :D

Hope you don't mind but I've been pimping your forums everywhere trying to get some additional input on this. There's a thread over on www.rtcw.co.uk you might want to check out.

http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php ... did=176040

In case you weren't aware, some of the posters on that thread, Pyro plays for one of the top UK Clans and Shakes is one of the best RTCW players in Europe. They are keen on ET and in favour of dropping the XP system. They also have some other suggestions you might like to take on board.

Thanks again for your time and trouble on this.
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

That looks like a good start bani, thanks, but what about the ability to set the XP at a particular level?

Like kendle's example, start everyone on level 2 and don't let them get any higher.

Thanks
O2.iceman
Oxygen
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

i've done so far:

fixed the "bouncing packs" when you are close to a player, you end up giving yourself the pack :|
removed the unused bot code - save memory and cpu
spawnpoint setting during warmup works now

b_defaultskills - default skill level for each ability
b_noskillupgrades - no skill upgrades will be performed (but you can still score XP)
EFG| Homer J

Post by EFG| Homer J »

Might be more complicated than I think but how about new players starting part way through a campaign (i.e. after first map) start with average XP/levelling up of all players.

To stop abuse of this you would need the server to remember XP otherwise players not doing so well could just disconnect and reconnect.

And a way to permanently ban players, not based on GUID or IP.
EFG| Homer J

Post by EFG| Homer J »

bani wrote: spawnpoint setting during warmup works now
Maybe it's just me but on a map change, if I have selected the non-default weapon for the class I am playing it switches me back to the default. That's annoying, especially winding up with the sten. :x

Oh and can you get rid of that n00btasic 20 point damage for first headshot. It was annoying as hell in (RtCW)Shrub and just encourages poor aim.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

EFG| Homer J wrote:Maybe it's just me but on a map change, if I have selected the non-default weapon for the class I am playing it switches me back to the default. That's annoying, especially winding up with the sten. :x
actually it's just cosmetic, if you hit esc you still have your chosen weapon(i allways choose eng with a rifelgrenade and it says thompson/mp40 but if i hit esc i still have grenade launcher
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
EFG| Homer J

Post by EFG| Homer J »

gotenks wrote:
EFG| Homer J wrote:Maybe it's just me but on a map change, if I have selected the non-default weapon for the class I am playing it switches me back to the default. That's annoying, especially winding up with the sten. :x
actually it's just cosmetic, if you hit esc you still have your chosen weapon(i allways choose eng with a rifelgrenade and it says thompson/mp40 but if i hit esc i still have grenade launcher
Must be just me then.

If I play engineer and have the rifle on one map then when the warmup ends on the next map I have the SMG, it looks like an SMG, sounds like an SMG, fires like an SMG and won't load grenades. :roll:

May have something to do with me having the limbomenu off.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i have never had that happen... i allways choose rifle grenade, at 3-8fps outside i don't have much option for an smg... when i choose riflegrenade on L1 then go to L2 the limbo menu puts me to engineer with mp40 but i hit esc and i have grenade launcher
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?