Features for banimod?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

O2.iceman

Features for banimod?

Post by O2.iceman »

Hey bani.

Just wondering if I can get a list of features that are currently in your beta, and what future features and equally importantly) bug fixes you have planned?

We're ready to start up a ladder in Australia, but due to the bugs and woefully balanced maps, we're waiting for an official bani or shrub to come out and get us running. Obviously it's great now that we'll have 2 to choose from, so I just want to get a list of the features to help make a decision.

A couple of bug fixes I want to see:

- gibbing (at least double the number of bullets it takes to gib, or even better, make it configurable by a cvar)
- hitboxes (well documented how crap they are, especially prone vs crouch)
- Fix the OSP feature that is supposed to allow a ref to cancel/force a vote.

Features:
- Make fireteams handle 8 players
- Configurable XP levels (discussed in kendle's thread)
- Configurable max # of landmines per team
- Configurable max # of classes per team, that is, max_panzers, max_mortars, max_fieldops, max_engineers, etc. HWR is just too complex.
- Give covertops a permanent symbol above their head

I'm sure there's a heap more and i'll add to this post when I remember them, but that's a start anyway.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your feature list, and would be happy to provide an Aussie server for beta-testing.

Thanks
O2.iceman
Oxygen
dragon

Post by dragon »

Something else to add (If possible)

lose 20-40 points (And the relevant skills if necessary) for each /kill :)

bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

lose 20-40 points from what? XP is an aggregate total of your points across all skills.
kbob

Post by kbob »

I would love to see a change on how /kill works. As I have seen suggested elsewhere, a 5-10 second delay from when you issue the command until it carries out would be nice. This would essentially stop the "omg gonna die now and must not improve other ppl stats so lets suicide"-players. Also "the /kill to get full charge bar/ammo" would not be so advantageous imho.

I think it is wrong to deduct xp because of /kill since sometimes you actually need to do it because your stuck to something etc.
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

I appreciate /kill is a controversial subject, but please, please, please don't change it in any way for your up-coming Competition mod. If you want to do something with /kill for public play, then go right ahead, but if you change it in any way for Clan games you'll make producing the Competition mod pointless.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

all changes are optional to impliment however
why do that? if i'm going to respawn as a different class sometimes i try causing as much havock as i can with my current class and at 1-4 secons i /kill
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
kbob

Post by kbob »

gotenks wrote:all changes are optional to impliment however
why do that? if i'm going to respawn as a different class sometimes i try causing as much havock as i can with my current class and at 1-4 secons i /kill
Then just do /kill 5 seconds before? The only difference to you would be that you will not respawn instantly in a new class.

And if this gets implemented I suspect it will be a server setting that can be changed for matches etc.
Boco

Post by Boco »

I would agree. Have an option that sets the timeout after you issue the /kill command. Like, g_killTimeout. Keep at 0 for competition, set higher for a public server.
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
dragon

Post by dragon »

Sorry, I should have been more specific. My suggestion in regards to /kill i should have said, remove X amount of points from the relevant class skill. So a soldier loses X points from Heavy Weapons, Field Ops loses X points from Signals etc etc.

I see Shrub allows an option for
a) Disable /kill
b) empty your charge bar when you respawn,
c) you respawn with the same charge bar u had when u killed
d) respawn with half a charge bar

Anyway, all options are worth while looking at.

Still want configurable XP levels tho :)
bacon

Post by bacon »

I don't see why you need to be penalized for killing yourself. Sure some n00bs misuse it but it's still there incase you've made a big mistake.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

bacon wrote:I don't see why you need to be penalized for killing yourself. Sure some n00bs misuse it but it's still there incase you've made a big mistake.
what i'm saying
My Website
dragon

Post by dragon »

Does it not worry you, that on a map like battery, the axis can call artillery /kill, do it again.

3-6 guys doing that means you are NEVER going to build the ramp.

What legitamate reason, besides an emergency change class to eng to do a defuse, is there, to do a /kill ? (Not inlcuding the very very rare get stuck somewhere)

There are peeps around who /kill just before they are going to deny, to deny you xp. Had one guy the other night who did it 40 odd times.

Anyway, it's just a thought. If it only gave u however much charge before u /killed, that would be fine too :)
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

heh... the /kill isn't only way to do the don't build ramp thing... a team full of fo's focusing an all out attck on it with artillery and air strikes on it would do it too...
My Website
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

dragon wrote:What legitamate reason, besides an emergency change class to eng to do a defuse, is there, to do a /kill ? (Not inlcuding the very very rare get stuck somewhere)
if someone just stole the obj and you happen to be on the other side of the map.

if you're out of ammo and there's no lt's or ammo nearby.
bani
Site Admin

Re: Features for banimod?

Post by bani »

O2.iceman wrote:- Give covertops a permanent symbol above their head
eh... part of playing covops is the risk of friendly fire. would any ladders really approve of this?

sounds more like something for a pub mod than a comp mod...