putallies - <p_id> puts a player on the Allies team
putaxis - <p_id> puts a player on the Axis team
remove - <p_id> removes a player from a team
restart - Aborts a match in progress
speclock - Locks both teams from spectators
specunlock - Unlocks both teams from spectators
unlock - Unlocks both teams
unpause - Unpauses a paused match

[Note: The referee can also issue any vote and it will automatically pass.
Conversely, a referee voting "no" on an active vote will force a
vote to fail.]
There is no such documentation for ET, but I'm *assuming* it works in the same way, or at least it SHOULD work in the same way.

Most of the ref commands work as expected when you make yourself referee in a public server, however if some nooblars callvote to kick you, there's no way to cancel the vote by voting NO.
[/b]
O2.iceman
Oxygen
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

imho it shouldnt be possible to call a kick/mute vote on a ref... 8)

but this can be fixed... if OSP says its supposed to work some specific way then ill fix it.
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

Excellent, thanks. and if you can make it so kick/mute votes can't be called at all on a ref, then even better :)
O2.iceman
Oxygen
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

O2.iceman wrote:Excellent, thanks. and if you can make it so kick/mute votes can't be called at all on a ref, then even better :)
Kick votes can't be called on a REF. 8)
Not sure about Mute :?:
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

O2.iceman wrote:Most of the ref commands work as expected when you make yourself referee in a public server, however if some nooblars callvote to kick you, there's no way to cancel the vote by voting NO.[/b]
afaict it should not be possible to callvote kick on referees... nor should it be possible to mute them.

i've made it so that refs voting yes/no will pass/cencel the vote.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

bani wrote:
O2.iceman wrote:Most of the ref commands work as expected when you make yourself referee in a public server, however if some nooblars callvote to kick you, there's no way to cancel the vote by voting NO.[/b]
afaict it should not be possible to callvote kick on referees... nor should it be possible to mute them.

i've made it so that refs voting yes/no will pass/cencel the vote.
i'm really liking your mod more and more
now can you do an xp saver so that if you get kicked you loose your xp but if you get a fatal connection (ci or other such thing) you bring your connection back?
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

gotenks wrote:now can you do an xp saver so that if you get kicked you loose your xp but if you get a fatal connection (ci or other such thing) you bring your connection back?
done 8)

if you get kicked from tk complaints you lose your stats also 8)
SmokenStien

Post by SmokenStien »

O2.iceman wrote:I agree that I would I like to see some ref or admin fixes - referee's SHOULD be able to (but it doesn't work) force a vote in their favour by voting yes or no on a called vote, and if the ref calls a vote it should pass automatically.
So you want to make a ref an admin?
The idea of the REF is to allow (if turned on) other players to be able to vote in a ref to have some controls over the server. In now way should the ref be able to over ride votes, doing this makes the voting system useless on a server. ADMIN should be the only ones to over ride votes, not refs. A server operator will appoint admins that they can trust to admin properly, giving REF's the kind of powers your talking about defeats the voting system all together.
If YA SEE'em, SMOKE'em!!
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i know unless the ref likes you vote
SmokenStien

Post by SmokenStien »

bani wrote:imho it shouldnt be possible to call a kick/mute vote on a ref... 8)

but this can be fixed... if OSP says its supposed to work some specific way then ill fix it.
Again, if you do this you defeat the purpose of the voting system.
The first person logging onto a server that has the ref voting enabled can make him/herself ref, now if this person abuses the ref postion then what recourse do the players have? Your way they are stuck with the bad ref and it will then spoil the game for ALL players on that server. A vote kick is manditory for all players except admins. Myself I have turned off the ref voting because it was being abused and will continue to be abused.
Players who demonstrate that they have the skills and responsibility ref are given the ref password, otherwise the server runs without a ref and the BOT controls players as far as spaming, TK's.

I suggest that you reconsider your idea of over riding the game controls.
If YA SEE'em, SMOKE'em!!
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

SmokenStien wrote:So you want to make a ref an admin?
The idea of the REF is to allow (if turned on) other players to be able to vote in a ref to have some controls over the server. In now way should the ref be able to over ride votes, doing this makes the voting system useless on a server. ADMIN should be the only ones to over ride votes, not refs. A server operator will appoint admins that they can trust to admin properly, giving REF's the kind of powers your talking about defeats the voting system all together.
Some confusion here I think about what a "Ref" and an "Admin" are.

An "Admin" is a person who manages a public server, kicks TK'ers, makes sure people are behaving themselves,etc. Typically the "Admin" will know the RCON password.

A "Ref" is someone who referee's a Clan match. His job is to pause the game if a player lags out, make sure players obey the rules of the league / ladder the match is being played in, kick players if they break the rules etc. Typically the "Ref" will know the Ref password.

Sometimes Server owners/managers will give someone "Ref" powers on a public server if they don't want to give them the RCON password, and they will then be able to manage the server to almost the same degree as the "Admin", including kicking players etc.

In either scenario a "Ref" should be able to override any vote. It's obviously ridiculous that a "Ref" can be voted off a server, for instance.

edit: Obviously all of this assumes that Ref voting is disabled on a public server. If it isn't you're just asking for trouble. Fix it so that Ref can override votes, and educate server admins to disable ref voting on their servers. The "Ref" was created to manage Clan games, it shouldn't really be used on public servers.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

a ref should also be one of the last to vote (unless something majorly wrong is happening). I just did a ref check on our server and you can not make yourself ref without knowing the pwd... then you can make anyone ref
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well i played on a server a long time a in the map tester demo and i stayed in it for a long time and somehow at match start i found on screen your a ref or sometihng

so somehow i became a ref :wink:

i dont know if it was a bug or something and i dont know if it still works in 1.11
GldDrgn

Post by GldDrgn »

bug :

when you are carrying the objective of your team, you can't secure the objective of the other team

a map like mp_ctfmultidemo would certainely suffer from this and SillyCTF already does.
#rtcwduels - 1v1 à volonté
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

bani side note on the shove, can you put an option in to disable it in vertical movements? EG Boosting over walls
My Website