Features for banimod?

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

gotenks wrote:bani side note on the shove, can you put an option in to disable it in vertical movements? EG Boosting over walls
already done 8)

b_shove_noz
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

GldDrgn wrote:bug :

when you are carrying the objective of your team, you can't secure the objective of the other team

a map like mp_ctfmultidemo would certainely suffer from this and SillyCTF already does.
thanks, ill look at this.

thanks for the bug reports, though I really do need more people reporting bugs.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i dont think this is realy a bug but i gibbed an enemy whit building a truck barreir whne he walked into it LoL

but it doesnt show up in my killstat

------
here a few bug shrub or things fixed but you probely already did them
------

Akimbo pistols appear properly after a player gains level 4 light weapons (after next respawn)

SMGs appear properly as the first weapon after a player gains level 4 heavy weapons (after next respawn - takes precedence over akimbos)

Switching to spec and back on LL servers no longer causes lives to be regained

XP is given for kills with akimbo pistols

Stats for akimbo pistols are logged (as colt/luger)

"Indoor airstrikes" (e.g. airstrikes that reach the interior of the bank in goldrush) have been fixed

Akimbo weapons can be reloaded after only one shot is fired now

The Sten overheats properly with Level 2 Heavy Weapons and above

------
like i sad you all probely know tihs already
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:Akimbo weapons can be reloaded after only one shot is fired now
i talked with splashdamage and they intended the akimbo pistols to work this way. i'm hesitant to change this... :o
Boco

Post by Boco »

I bet Splash damage did it that way so they wouldn't have to make another reload animation for the pistols...
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
SmokenStien

Post by SmokenStien »

A "Ref" is someone who referee's a Clan match. His job is to pause the game if a player lags out, make sure players obey the rules of the league / ladder the match is being played in, kick players if they break the rules etc. Typically the "Ref" will know the Ref password.
In the first place a properly run CLAN match run with a ref should have ALL voting turned off. The maps are (should be) pre-determind by both clans and any kicking, banning (if needed, unlikely in clan match), server control should be handled by the REF.
Wht use is the vote system when running a clan match?
In either scenario a "Ref" should be able to override any vote. It's obviously ridiculous that a "Ref" can be voted off a server, for instance.
As already stated VOTING in a clan match should be turned OFF.
REF gives public servers at least one user to try and control a server, but in the wrong hands can and would be the end of a server. Turning off the REF command on a public server leaves it wide open to spaming voice commands, verbal abuse to other players etc. with no way of booting the offending player. No thanks!! Been there, done that, won't go back.

As it stands right now in another MOD I can set it to ALLOW vote kicking of REF (80% or more majority) or disallow it. I choose to allow it. If bani does not make this selectable then I guess I just stay with the one I'm with.

PS. 80% of majority is voteable players not 80% of those who vote[/quote]
If YA SEE'em, SMOKE'em!!
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

OSP actually distinguishes between refs who were voted to that position, and refs who have the password.

i could make the non-kick non-vote votecancel/votepass etc apply only to passworded refs.
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

bani wrote:OSP actually distinguishes between refs who were voted to that position, and refs who have the password.

i could make the non-kick non-vote votecancel/votepass etc apply only to passworded refs.
yes, that would be good.

Anyway I think some of you are taking my REF requests out of context. I'm not talking about match refereeing or clan matches.

I'm talking about on public servers, where obviously, ref voting is disabled. The gameops (pseudo-admins with rcon passwords) are there to kick/ban TK'ers, help do server configs, maintain order on the pubs etc.

Most things can be done simply with the rcon password and PB commands. However there are some things that cannot be done, such as shuffling teams, passing votes, automatically failing votes, etc.

These things are supposed to be able to be done through REFEREE access. So i've set up the configs so that the refereepassword is set the same as the rcon password.
The gameops install themselves as a referee "/ref [refereepassword]", and from there, they can do a:

/ref shuffleteamsxp

for example.

However atm, it's possible for nooblars on the server to callvote kick a referee, and the referee voting NO does not fail the vote, and a referee calling a vote (or voting yes) does not automatically pass it.

It seems that that behaviour DOES work for voted in referee's, as per bani's post above, but yes, if it could also work for referee's who use the password, i'd be happy :)
O2.iceman
Oxygen
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

actually the whole OSP referee system blows imho. the semiadmin system I designed for rtcw banimod is infinitely more flexible:

1) you can define semiadmin levels
2) you can define specific commands available to each semiadmin level. any console command is a legitimate candidate including cvars (unlike OSP's ref which is restricted to a limited number of commands)
3) each semiadmin level has its own password
4) auto-login of semiadmins can be done based on GUID (and if punkbuster is enabled, it uses the punkbuster GUID, which cant be spoofed)
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

That sounds great, are you looking at introducing such admin features into bayonet pub?

The only problem I see with it, is auto-recognising by GUID, which is pretty pointless in ET because it's so easy to get a new GUID.
O2.iceman
Oxygen
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

O2.iceman wrote:That sounds great, are you looking at introducing such admin features into bayonet pub?

The only problem I see with it, is auto-recognising by GUID, which is pretty pointless in ET because it's so easy to get a new GUID.
you can get a new GUID, but you cant forge someone elses (as long as PB is enabled). as long as you dont change your GUID (and why would admins do that?) its not a problem...

the semiadmin features will be in both mods.
SmokenStien

Post by SmokenStien »

O2.iceman wrote:
bani wrote:OSP actually distinguishes between refs who were voted to that position, and refs who have the password.

yes, that would be good.

Anyway I think some of you are taking my REF requests out of context. I'm not talking about match refereeing or clan matches.

I'm talking about on public servers, where obviously, ref voting is disabled. The gameops (pseudo-admins with rcon passwords) are there to kick/ban TK'ers, help do server configs, maintain order on the pubs etc.

Most things can be done simply with the rcon password and PB commands. However there are some things that cannot be done, such as shuffling teams, passing votes, automatically failing votes, etc.

These things are supposed to be able to be done through REFEREE access. So i've set up the configs so that the refereepassword is set the same as the rcon password.
The gameops install themselves as a referee "/ref [refereepassword]", and from there, they can do a:

/ref shuffleteamsxp

for example.

However atm, it's possible for nooblars on the server to callvote kick a referee, and the referee voting NO does not fail the vote, and a referee calling a vote (or voting yes) does not automatically pass it.

It seems that that behaviour DOES work for voted in referee's, as per bani's post above, but yes, if it could also work for referee's who use the password, i'd be happy :)
So then all your really asking for is a protection for your admins/ref's.
I'm not sure about bani (havn't tried it yet, waiting for ET version :rock: )but 3 other 'MODS' that I have tried do this already. :D

With diffrent levels of admin you can specify 'PROTECTION' or not, with an overide for the top admin. Meaning that the top admin (which should be the server OWNER) being able to override ALL other admins.

Still I think that all the comments that have come out of this thread are valid concerns. It's finally a pleasure to be able to out put ideas with out being called names or told to go else where with lame ideas!!! :drink:
Last edited by SmokenStien on Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If YA SEE'em, SMOKE'em!!
SmokenStien

Post by SmokenStien »

you can get a new GUID, but you cant forge someone elses (as long as PB is enabled). as long as you dont change your GUID (and why would admins do that?) its not a problem...

the semiadmin features will be in both mods.
Which is why IP banning as well as GUID with a single BAN command is a good idea!! HINT, HINT!! :bows:

Another feature I would like to see would be a last resort subnet ban for thoe pesty "I can get back in no matter what you do" types! :roll:
If YA SEE'em, SMOKE'em!!
O2.iceman

Post by O2.iceman »

IP banning is a waste of time, imho. It's very easy to get new IP addy's in todays broadband world.
O2.iceman
Oxygen
SmokenStien

Post by SmokenStien »

O2.iceman wrote:IP banning is a waste of time, imho. It's very easy to get new IP addy's in todays broadband world.
True but SUBNET takes care of that. :lol:
Just with IP banning and guid banning in the same command stops the little buggers from getting a new guid and be back on your server within an hour. :drink:
If YA SEE'em, SMOKE'em!!