xp logging

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

=FF=im2good4u

xp logging

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i would like to see a funtion to log XP so if you get some server disconected or some other bad stuff that you can stilll reconnect in 5 min and keep your XP

i think the server could whrite your XP to some file or folder

and i would also like it if when the champaing restart that you keep your XP :roll:
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i'd hate to see that... i think that if you get kicked you should loose your xp, also at the beginning of a campaign you'd loose it too... maybe if you got disconnected or something it'd let you come back during that campaign with the xp but if you got kicked you'd loose it, that would be a good addition.
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well ofcourse it should be posable to reset your xp to 0 when you kicked but i would like it if you could keep your xp when you disconnect or whne the champaing restarts
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

why would you keep xp when campaign restarts... with this people will start a campaign with 4 stars in every category
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

caz you arned those stars it succks if you loose em also wut if you hapent to join in on round 3 thne every1 has lots of xp aswell and oyu get notime to build it up caz then it restarts
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i have never seen anyone having a massive lead by round 3 that you couldn't catch up with if you were good and did what you were supposed to. usually by round 3 you have 2-3 four stars max...
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yeah but that is you im talking about avarege like me

ppl join 6 or 10 map champaiang caz they like to keep their XP so if oyu run a server that saves your xp when it restarts it would be cool and lots of ppl will join whne they figure it out :wink:
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

Shrub has this same thing...I was playing on a server this morning where we would keep playing and playing and our XP would never stop increasing nor would it ever reset. This was a major problem considering some people had been in there for hours and had over 3000xp. Comparing this to someone who just joins=no fun at all. But when you are the one with the massive xp it can be slightly entertaining. Guess it just depends on how bani plans to set this function up.
SmokenStien

Post by SmokenStien »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:yeah but that is you im talking about avarege like me

ppl join 6 or 10 map champaiang caz they like to keep their XP so if oyu run a server that saves your xp when it restarts it would be cool and lots of ppl will join whne they figure it out :wink:
So at what point would the players start XP over again??
When a campain is done ALL players should be reset.

Shrub does do some of what your talking about, it saves XP on disconnect, and if you join again before the campain is over you retain your XP. Even if the server crashes you retain your XP until a campain resets. However if your KICKED by server admin then your XP is reset. A vote kick will still retain your XP. :lol:
If YA SEE'em, SMOKE'em!!
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

in campaign mode it resets at the end of the campaign... if the admin wants unbelieveably high xp, why wouldn't he just turn it to a 60 map campaign?
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

my idea is just to keep your xp all the time and wut problem willl it be for ppl that just join i mean i wont care if some1 has 3000 and i got only 50 its just fun to keep your xp
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

if there's a 4 star lt with 4 star light weaps and 4 star battle sence do you think you'd have any chance against him when he's accompanied by a 4 star covert ops and a 4 star engineer allong with the 4 star soldier carrying a panzer and mp40? do you really think you could get anything done with the spammage they'd beable to do?
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well depent if i use a pantser yeah i would stand a chace but he got those skils over time so soner or later you will have the same

so this way you can get better and better

and if osme1 has like 3000 it doesnt matter caz he cant go any better then 4 star :roll:
SmokenStien

Post by SmokenStien »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:well depent if i use a pantser yeah i would stand a chace but he got those skils over time so soner or later you will have the same

so this way you can get better and better

and if osme1 has like 3000 it doesnt matter caz he cant go any better then 4 star :roll:
Maybe go to SPLASH DAMAGE and ask for XP to be taken out all together!!
Your way there is NO need for it as sooner or later ALL players will be at full XP when joining a server. Idea is to EARN the XP along with other players, shows how good players are, not just build them up so they no longer need skills to play. :roll:

[/url]
If YA SEE'em, SMOKE'em!!
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

how do you expect to earn xp if you die before you fire a single shot?
My Website