Artillary strikes

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

SHVDKTY (ID)

Artillary strikes

Post by SHVDKTY (ID) »

I think it would be cool of when you hit level 4 F.O. you could call airstrikes using the Map. Just call one in wherever. It could be over used maybe in spawnkilling but on a well regulated server it could be quite effective and usefull.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

sound cool but more something for bayonET i think and bisides a lv4 F. O. only get a dumb to see enemy covert ops
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

one day when i actually start really using fo i'll see spys and that could be usefull instead of having to run up on them and pray they don't suspect something
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
SHVDKTY (ID)

Post by SHVDKTY (ID) »

I am not saying FO are under powered or anything, I just would like to see this feature. It is a life like addition. As well as being something extremely usefull for allies on battery, and oasis. Axis could use it on railgun. Well in battery there wouldn't be a lv 4 FO. So maybe the particulars need to be worked out but I think this could be a really neat addition.
KyleRTCW

Re: Artillary strikes

Post by KyleRTCW »

SHVDKTY (ID) wrote:I think it would be cool of when you hit level 4 F.O. you could call airstrikes using the Map. Just call one in wherever. It could be over used maybe in spawnkilling but on a well regulated server it could be quite effective and usefull.
:jawdrop:

We all ready have airstrikes and artilerry wars railgun by the axis spawn (allies pawn kill alot:evil:) goldrush, and radar. are the worst

THat feature is bad.
=FF=im2weak4u wrote:sound cool but more something for bayonET i think and bisides a lv4 F. O. only get a dumb to see enemy covert ops
SHVDKTY (ID) wrote:I am not saying FO are under powered or anything,
THey dominate all the other classes with thier airstrikes, i hear about 500 planes per 30 minutes.

THat is stupid, why does a field ops get enemy recongition :evil: , that could a least be given to the coverts class, and wtf is with Assain, u can back stab everyone and they die.
Boco

Post by Boco »

Well, you can practice proning the airstrikes. Imagine how po'ed the Field Ops will be when their 500 planes abort mission... :>
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
ZarkingFardwarks

Post by ZarkingFardwarks »

maybe a client side thing, but how about NOT losing your whole charge bar if your canister lands somewhere not visible from the "plane"? that bugs me more than anything...
KyleRTCW

Post by KyleRTCW »

no, i had an idea to restore the charge bar if it says "Too Airstrikes Requested", but now that i think about that, it's kind of a bad idea.
KyleRTCW

Post by KyleRTCW »

Boco wrote:Well, you can practice proning the airstrikes. Imagine how po'ed the Field Ops will be when their 500 planes abort mission... :>
lol, i have done that a couple times on time and it worked, other times i explode :lol:
Boco

Post by Boco »

You have to do it RIGHT AWAY. Like, immediately. Very hard to do. Basically, if you cannot get on it in one second, don't bother. And if the airstrike aborts, you should not keep your chargebar. Then it would be spam heaven.

Plus Field Ops could use this to their advantage and toss strikes into areas where the strike won't happen. It would cause the enemy team to back off - without the use of your chargebar. It would encourage recklessness.
<[av]bani> anything which causes boco pain or suffering is \o/
<[av]bani> guns are cool. just saying the word 'gun' gives me a raging hardon.
<[av]bani> DO NOT MOCK HAPPY FUN BANI
<[av]bani> do not run over happy fun bani

* [NW]reyalP thinks he should write a book... "IP Law for fucking morons"
<KingJackaL> haha
<KingJackaL> I'd buy it : D
<WeblionX> I'd scan every page and put it up as a torrent!
Pirate_X

Post by Pirate_X »

Boco wrote:It would cause the enemy team to back off - without the use of your chargebar. It would encourage recklessness.
Plus, the canister still explodes... So now we've got unlimited nades with limited smoking capability.... Doesn't sound like a safe combination to me....
"Somehow, it seemed as if the farm had grown richer without the animals themselves growing any richer... That is, of course, except for the pigs and the dogs"
-George Orwell, Animal Farm