Any chance of...

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Hazzie

Any chance of...

Post by Hazzie »

Using the nade launching rifle (both sides) is fun but is a real pain when you put a nade on the rifle but cannot fire the damn thing. Is there any chance of being able to prevent the nade being placed on the rifle if it cannot be fired, or have some visible indicator around the recharge bar that is a min level for a nade firing?

Cheers.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

this sounds more like a bayonet thing
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Rain

Re: Any chance of...

Post by Rain »

Hazzie wrote:Using the nade launching rifle (both sides) is fun but is a real pain when you put a nade on the rifle but cannot fire the damn thing. Is there any chance of being able to prevent the nade being placed on the rifle if it cannot be fired, or have some visible indicator around the recharge bar that is a min level for a nade firing?

Cheers.
I've been considering having the 'weapon icon flash' setting draw the weapon icon in the 'not ready' color if a weapon that needs the charge bar can't fire yet. That won't make it into the this release, though, but perhaps the next one.

Currently, with the icon flash enabled, the weapon icon border will be white if switching/reloading, yellow if idle, and red if firing.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

i say you get rid of that noobfied weapon all together. no one during ww2 carried that many nades to place on their nade rifle. not only that how many nades were sticky after they were fired? stickum wasnt invented yet.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i thought they used ET glue for that :lol:
Pirate_X

Post by Pirate_X »

=SWAT=Kenny wrote:i say you get rid of that noobfied weapon all together. no one during ww2 carried that many nades to place on their nade rifle. not only that how many nades were sticky after they were fired? stickum wasnt invented yet.
Are your rifle grenades sticky? That's odd, I don't think anybody else's are... As a matter of fact, you can get some serious bounce from a rifle grenade...
I don't really think that SD were going for "historical accuracy" when they were creating ET... You have to have a balance between historical accuracy and playability...
You could also make the argument that nobody during WWII walked around, jabbing friends with needles filled with green slime that brought them back to life...
Or that people carried around (theoretically), tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition. If we were going for realism, a FdOp might have 1 ammo pack.
"Somehow, it seemed as if the farm had grown richer without the animals themselves growing any richer... That is, of course, except for the pigs and the dogs"
-George Orwell, Animal Farm
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

yes the riflegrenade bounces... i was in radars in the upstairs of the commandpost guarding it, and i fired my rifle grenade straight down and it bounced up infront of me and went back down... so yeah riflegrenades can bounce, and i intentionally ricochet them sometimes..
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

Pirate_X wrote:
=SWAT=Kenny wrote:i say you get rid of that noobfied weapon all together. no one during ww2 carried that many nades to place on their nade rifle. not only that how many nades were sticky after they were fired? stickum wasnt invented yet.
Are your rifle grenades sticky? That's odd, I don't think anybody else's are... As a matter of fact, you can get some serious bounce from a rifle grenade...
I don't really think that SD were going for "historical accuracy" when they were creating ET... You have to have a balance between historical accuracy and playability...
You could also make the argument that nobody during WWII walked around, jabbing friends with needles filled with green slime that brought them back to life...
Or that people carried around (theoretically), tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition. If we were going for realism, a FdOp might have 1 ammo pack.
pirate they do stick. if you are running head on at a noob nade rifle idiot and they fire at your lower torso it sticks you. this is ofcourse on a shot that didnt bounce off the ground first..

additionally noob nade rifles are just that. they are for unskilled worthless players. if an eng is supposed to plant dyno and the noob has a nade primed and he fires he has to sit and wait for it to recharge just to plant the dyno that is 1000 x more important then that stupid nade he launched. if you go to austin ET's server stats where a lot of good ET players play you will notice that noob nade rifles are all but effective. this weapon has the lowest kill ration and the lowest gib ratio.

http://www.austinserver.com/systats/php/

so basically if a teammate has a noob rifle then your chance of winning goes down by a huge factor.
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.