team XP

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

=FF=im2good4u

team XP

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

oke here is my idea if oyu got like a pistol and you kill some1 you should get 2 xp

oke my idea is to chance this

and give if you team has like 20 platers make everteamember get 0.1 xp

so all xp is shared whit your teamates
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

so your saying that if there are 5 teammates and 1 kills someone instead of just getting 2 xp that person would get 2.4 or just 2. And the people sitting in the spawn roasting marshmellows (or xp leaching) get .4 just because.
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

im saying they all will one 5th part of that xp

so that they all share it whit each other

so if it are like 10 players that all get a 10th of the gained xp
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

ok so again instead of me getting 2xp for killing the lamers sitting in the spawn doing nothing get the same xp as i do for doing nothing???
My Website
[407]-anarchist-

Post by [407]-anarchist- »

no. they get a fraction of the point...he said it 3 times lol lol

diffrence between 0. and .0
[407]Anarchist
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

yes but he said you only get a fraction of it too... so instead of YOU getting the 2xp for it you will only get .4 along with everyone else
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

depending on the amout of player oyu get more or less of the xp but this also counts for the person who gets the xp so.. if you should get 100 xp (just for an explain)

every teamate on a 5 palyer team inclusing the player who deservs it will get 20 xp (20x5 =100)

every teamate on a 20 palyer team inclusing the player who deservs it will get 5 xp (5x10 =100)

every teamate on a 50 palyer team inclusing the player who deservs it will get 2 xp (2x50 =100)

of course this should je be an option for admin to enable or disable
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

yeah but why should person a, who sits back and does nothing get rewarded because people b,c,d, & e go out, engage enemies and basically win the game?
and also why should people b, c, d, & e be punished by having to get a lower amount of xp?
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

simple caz it team xp not personal xp

you will scor for your team not for self
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

again i don't like that idea, because i don't like the idea of someone who's being stupid (staying behind doing nothing) going up as fast as everyone else , that's going out and actually working towards the objective.
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yep maybe but you got to work as a team an ofcourse not every1 is as good as you gotrunks but this way even weaker players get high levels so even noobs can get dual pistols. and even spawn camper get it yep that the side effect :wink:
ZarkingFardwarks

Post by ZarkingFardwarks »

let's say theoretically that every kill is 10xp, and each player gets 1/10th of that per kill i make, or 1 point. i play a whole round and kill 30 people, 300 xp for me and 30 for the noobs apiece? this would be nice to get the other players their upgrades faster, when they don't know how to use them and run over your goddamn mines and file anyway. plus if it worked per class, everyone would be generals by the end of the 2nd round since some idiot panzering people will give medics and anyone heavy weapons xp they didn't earn. (not saying it would work that way but, it would make sense to dole out the xp that way)
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well if some1 is pantsering he will get onlt a slight of the xp caz it is shard so he has to 4 lv heavy weapons for all his teamtes so it wont be EZ :wink:
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

ZarkingFardwarks wrote:let's say theoretically that every kill is 10xp, and each player gets 1/10th of that per kill i make, or 1 point. i play a whole round and kill 30 people, 300 xp for me and 30 for the noobs apiece? this would be nice to get the other players their upgrades faster, when they don't know how to use them and run over your goddamn mines and file anyway. plus if it worked per class, everyone would be generals by the end of the 2nd round since some idiot panzering people will give medics and anyone heavy weapons xp they didn't earn. (not saying it would work that way but, it would make sense to dole out the xp that way)
when i asked this exact question i was told that everyone including yourself would only get 1 point... which is the part i majorly disagree with. And personally i never get more than 1 - 2 stars in battle sence and light weapons because at 4-10fps (and less in battles) it's really hard to earn combat xp
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yep every1 gets the same value including the player the does the kill or someting