mapdefault_*.cfg location?

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

DG

mapdefault_*.cfg location?

Post by DG »

Where to put the mapdefault_*.cfg files?

My ETPro commandline contains +fs_game etpro and +set fs_homepath 27960. So basically explorer would look something like:

ET
---> etmain
---> etpro
---> etmain
-- etmain
-- etpro
-- etc

I tried mapdefault_railgun.cfg and mapdefault_fueldump.cfg in both the etmain and etpro subfolders of 27960, but each time the timelimit and respawn timer for both those maps remained at default when the map loaded. I cant put the file in the root etmain/etpro subfolder as if/when I change the other server over to ETPro I dont want it using these map settings.

Contents of mapdefault_fueldump.cfg
set timelimit "25"
set g_redlimbotime "35"
set g_bluelimbotime "20"

note - server is running stopwatch. can i take it on round B the timelimit would not be changed to 25mins, but would continue with the time set. Also, but the respawns would remain as per the cfg?
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

i'm fairly sure they would go in 27960/scripts.
DG

Post by DG »

hmm maybe i've screwed up elsewhere - they dont seem to load no matter where theyre put,
et/27960/*.cfg
et/27960/scripts/*.cfg
et/27960/etmain/*.cfg
et/27960/etpro/*.cfg
et/27960/etpro/scripts/*.cfg
et/etpro/*.cfg
et/etpro/scritps/*.cfg
et/etmain/*.cfg

either that or they load before the map sets the timers, so the map then overwrites them with defaults.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

if you cant 'exec mapdefault_fueldump.cfg' from the server console, then it means the game engine cant find the cfg. it should go in /fs_homepath/fs_game/

if on the other hand you *can* exec it from console, it means theres a bug in etpro.

also, you want to use g_userAxisRespawnTime and g_userAlliedRespawnTime, not g_redlimbotime/g_bluelimbotime ... not to mention the fact that g_redlimbotime is in MILLISECONDS, not seconds... so your respawn times you set in your cfg, if they worked, would be .035 seconds

use g_userAxisRespawntime 35, g_userAlliedRespawntime 20 ...
DG

Post by DG »

can exec it fine
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

also, you want to use g_userAxisRespawnTime and g_userAlliedRespawnTime, not g_redlimbotime/g_bluelimbotime ... not to mention the fact that g_redlimbotime is in MILLISECONDS, not seconds... so your respawn times you set in your cfg, if they worked, would be .035 seconds

use g_userAxisRespawntime 35, g_userAlliedRespawntime 20 ...
DG

Post by DG »

yeah thanks I changed that.

btw it doesnt even seem to use the settings from the file if i have the map rotate like -

set m2r1 "g_gametype 3; map oasis; shuffle_teams; set nextmap vstr m2r2; sets StopwatchRound 1of2; vstr mapmsga;"
set m2r2 "map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r5; sets StopwatchRound 2of2; vstr mapmsgb;"

set m2r5 "g_gametype 3; map battery; shuffle_teams; set nextmap vstr m2r8; sets StopwatchRound 1of2; vstr mapmsga;"
set m2r8 "map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r9; sets StopwatchRound 2of2; vstr mapmsgb;"

set m2r9 "g_gametype 3; map goldrush; shuffle_teams; set nextmap vstr m2r12; sets StopwatchRound 1of2; vstr mapmsga;"
set m2r12 "map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r13; sets StopwatchRound 2of2; vstr mapmsgb;"

set m2r13 "g_gametype 3; map radar; shuffle_teams; set nextmap vstr m2r16; sets StopwatchRound 1of2; vstr mapmsga;"
set m2r16 "map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r17; sets StopwatchRound 2of2; vstr mapmsgb;"

set m2r17 "g_gametype 3; map railgun; exec mapdefault_railgun.cfg; set nextmap vstr m2r20; sets StopwatchRound 1of2; vstr mapmsga;"
set m2r20 "map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r21; sets StopwatchRound 2of2; vstr mapmsgb;"

set m2r21 "g_gametype 3; map fueldump; exec mapdefault_fueldump.cfg; set nextmap vstr m2r24; sets StopwatchRound 1of2; vstr mapmsga;"
set m2r24 "map_restart 0; set nextmap vstr m2r1; sets StopwatchRound 2of2; vstr mapmsgb;"

vstr m2r1

:cry:
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

should map default be auto executed ?

anyway wut does +set fs_homepath 27960 i have seen it b4
DG

Post by DG »

the mapdefault_ cfg is meant to get loaded when the server loads the relevant map... i (afterwards) tried it in the map rotate to see if i could find the problem - it still not exec'ing seems to suggest a prob outside of ETPro?

fs_homepath 27960 kind of makes that gameserver use that folder as a working directory, so you can have files in there which wont interfere with other ET game servers running off the same install. Punkbuster reccomends you do this as else it can be erratic for PB updates and so on, plus the logfiles etc are kept organised in their own folders... 27960 is just a name i use for convenience, I use the gameserver port numbers for the folder names because I wont be running two gameservers on the same port :)
DG

Post by DG »

bit bizarre, it seems to work liek it should now :oops:
havent even changed anything :?
FellatedOne

Post by FellatedOne »

DG. Is it working because you named the folder 27960 or because you put it in the map rotate cfg?

Not to mention.... which of those 7-8 folders did you keep the mapdefault_*.cfg in?
DG

Post by DG »

if you look at this picture, I seemed to only get the mapdefault_*.cfg working when they were in the et/etpro/scripts/ folder. Having said that when they decided to start working I didnt make too much effort in checking elsewhere. It's a bit strange how it didnt work when I had them there before though? I may have made a mistake like naming the folder "script" or something I suppose, which also could have happened in other folders, but i thought i double checked everything at the time :o.

fwiw, general scripts seem to be ok in either of et/etmain, et/etpro or et/27960. PB scripts have to be in et/27960/pb and ETPro-only scripts seem to have to be in et/etpro.

big disclaimer - havent gone about speicifically testing any of that, when things work I stop and let them, and obviously from the start of the thread I'd gone wrong somewhere :)

btw i was/am on etpro 1.0.0 and was on et 1.01
FellatedOne

Post by FellatedOne »

Hey DG, you running Shrub and ETPro on your servers? I want to do that, but I am a little leary of trying it. When you do the +set fs_game etpro, is that in the server.cfg file or do you have to type it manually when you reboot the server outside of ET?
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

you cant +set fs_game from a .cfg, you have to do it on the command line. it doesnt work properly from a .cfg