bani
53%
us
47%

Total votes: 17

The Big Bad Cow

about the vet server...

Post by The Big Bad Cow »

ok, we really need to plan this cause bani is not gonna make if for us. :crying: who is goning to make the server? knifey? :D you can do it, im sure. you can be the admin and me and someone else can be a semiadmin. if you need me to test or something, i get home at 2:30 EST.
we need to look over all the suggestions for the vet server in previous posts. anyone else who can help knifey or be a semiadmin etc. is welcome. this will be sweet! :D
Memorable Quotes:
"And i'm off like a prom dress."
"This is more fun than a dozen rubber chickens!"
"Its that time of the week again... Yep. I'm in the shower."
"Froth and awe!!!"
:moo:
The Big Bad Cow

i dont think the server should be private beacuse there aer a lot of people who know what they are doing but arnt in this message board
the server should have a noob kick to keep the asshole noobs who come in anyway
Memorable Quotes:
"Froth and awe!!!"
THE JUGGERNAUT

Post by THE JUGGERNAUT »

how about only ppl on this server know about it? I think most if not all of as are old player and i know all of us know how to play bani. I can't beleave that there are still ppl out there that have not played it
THE UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT form marvel comics
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

well, we could just post the semi admin password on the board. Then we should have a semi admin on always, so we can kick people and what not.
yag si yennek
The Big Bad Cow

as long as it gets done
Memorable Quotes:
"Froth and awe!!!"
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

I have one question however; how would you be able to root out the noob's from the vet server? and if there was a password or something, would there be any way to private chat with other vets in the normal game to let them know about it?

-CarSuperfreak
THE JUGGERNAUT

Post by THE JUGGERNAUT »

No one is voting. VOTE DAMN YOU VOTE :evil:
THE UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT form marvel comics
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

i voted now juggernaut :D
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

Well, I can help out with admin'ing and such, I helped the =SWAT= folks set their up a little bit, heh. That and I know the admin of a fairly popular RtCW server (Konijn [USA]), so I could get help for other things from him... whenever he's around, heh.

I don't have any place for the actual server though, just my own computer, which won't do. I'd just be willing to help out.
=SWAT=Kenny

Post by =SWAT=Kenny »

Hi folks its mr. 2 cents here. There is a little feature called punk buster. It allows u to assign points to peeps so that they may kick. U dont need rcon to kick just points. The max time u can kick them for is 60 minutes. However if u have rcon u can ban them permanently.

Here is the other way to keep it a secret. DONT register it with the master servers.
//Master servers
seta sv_master1 "master3.idsoftware.com"
seta sv_master2 "master0.gamespy.com"
seta sv_master3 "wolfmaster.idsoftware.com"
seta sv_master4 "clanservers.net"

If u put this in ur cfg then u will get newbies. ID takes longer to update but gamespy and the all seeing eye do it quickly. I have been running the servers in our camp for like 8-9 months and trust me there are a ton of ways to keep newbies out if u want them out.

If u want need help let me know i would be willing to help. I dont know about setting up a server for u all to admin tho. I am anal when it comes to giving access to others. However if u guys have a good proposal I might host it on our T3 connection as a 3rd instance on our ip. It also depends on size of server u want. Currently we host a 44 person server and a 38 person bani mod server. However the bani mod will increase to 50 if we get more interest on it. The cpu load is 100% when both are full. So i would have to cut down on both instances and i might have to add more memory. The memory cost would be on u guys. 256MB ddr goes for like $60. However we might be able to get u a 16 person one....
tihs hsidlihc fo eceip a is yefink

If alexjones8194 had a penis it would be called "useless." Reason being is all it would be good for is him stepping on it.
The Big Bad Cow

ok, the server will have 20 people in it, to keep pings low. all of the char. classes will be enabled, along with everything else. i mean EVERYTHING. poisen knife, destroyable tnt, etc. people who have acess to this forum and help make the server can all be semiadmins.here are all of the detailes. everyone happy with this? note-there are the settings for goldrush game

:arrow: g_rules none
g_corpseTime 5000
g_airAccuracy 1
g_gravity 250
g_knockback 1000
g_speed 330
g_instagib 1
g_headshotonly 0
g_underwaterpistols 1
g_poisonknife 1
g_slideItems 1
g_gametype1
g_goldweight 9
g_kothchangetime 75
g_kothminautomovetime 1
g_showvotes 1
g_spawntelefrag 1
g_spawnprotect 4
g_antispawnkill 2
g_teamkillpoisongold 1
g_destroyabledynamite 1
g_helmetdamage 25
g_emptyscript (someone help me think of what to put here)
g_lockcmds "/callvote normal, /callvote goldrush, /callvote assassin, /callvote koth, /callvote ucp,callvote g_gravity 800, /callvote g_speed 320, /callvote g_knockback 1000, /callvote g_airaccuracy 1, /callvote g_airaccuracy 0, /callvote map (all maps), callvote restart, /callvote switch teams"
g_locktime 90
g_bancmds none
g_banmaps ""(again ill need help on this)
g_notifyunbalanced 30
g_fixunbalanced 6

there i hope that is all the admin stuff. knifey, do you like it? tell me what you want to change. i hope this helps you
Memorable Quotes:
"Froth and awe!!!"
FLAG_MAN

Post by FLAG_MAN »

I would love to be semiadmin
Black Adder

Post by Black Adder »

I think a banimod vet's server is a great idea. I think an upfront password would probably keep most folks out but having a semiadmin on at most times seems like it would cover any that slip through the cracks :twisted:

Besisdes who would turn down semiadmin privileges :D
For this reason i think a close look should be given to what semiadmin's could do.
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

i know i wouldnt be able to be on ALL that much, but to have a number of people (like those on this forum) able to change things like gravity and speed would be kewl
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

i'd still like to know how you plan on seperating the noobs from the vets., asides from playing basis and lack of knowledge of the game, i don't think i could tell a noob apart from a vet. so i was wondering how could somebody else?????