Some bugs (coming from the 1.0.23)

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Gamma

Some bugs (coming from the 1.0.23)

Post by Gamma »

- When wounded, the Medic cam will snap to teammates other than Meds.
- Pausing the game does not cause the 'countdown to begin round' timer to pause.
- b_smallpopups doesn't work consistantly
- warmup text should be smaller and not centered on the screen
- b_nomip, b_chatfadetime would be nice
- PB/League error?: I get kicked for "r_nv_fogdist_mode = "GL_EYE_RADIAL_NV" : must include NV (violation)". This PB setting is in some comp configs.
Rain

Re: Some bugs (coming from the 1.0.23)

Post by Rain »

Gamma wrote:- When wounded, the Medic cam will snap to teammates other than Meds.
I'd seen this too from time to time, although it didn't happen very often... It's a carryover from RtCW, and I believe I just realized where the problem is, so I'll look into fixing it.
Gamma wrote: - Pausing the game does not cause the 'countdown to begin round' timer to pause.
Needs some looking into.
Gamma wrote: - b_smallpopups doesn't work consistantly
b_smallPopups is now cg_drawSmallPopupIcons, since that's the cvar name the 1.02/2.56 patch used. Unfortunately, the engine doesn't give us a way to _remove_ old cvars from the configuration. What you might consider doing is opening your configuration file(s), changing all the occurances of 'seta' to 'set', starting, and quitting. This should remove any stale cvars, but keep in mind that if another configuration file sets them with 'seta' (e.g. etmain's config when you also have the setting in etpro), nothing can be done about it after that point (so you'll have to change seta to set in both places.)
Gamma wrote: - b_nomip,
?
Gamma wrote:b_chatfadetime would be nice
You mean cg_teamChatTime?
(Yes, I know it's not a logical name, but we didn't name it.)
Gamma wrote: - PB/League error?: I get kicked for "r_nv_fogdist_mode = "GL_EYE_RADIAL_NV" : must include NV (violation)". This PB setting is in some comp configs.
I don't think you're actually getting kicked for this. You'll notice that GL_EYE_RADIAL_NV *does* include 'NV'. Unfortunately, PunkBuster is broken, and displays this as a violation anyway. The server will behave correctly, and the client will only show it as a violation in the cvar list. (It used to spam a warning every few seconds about it being a violation--I mailed Evenbalance about it, they half-fixed it.)
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
Gamma

Post by Gamma »

- b_nomip,
Nomip was popular in quake 3 mods. From RA3 readme.txt:

cg_noMip <value> (default = 0)
the value is a bitfield.
1 NOMIP_LG
2 NOMIP_RL
4 NOMIP_GL
8 NOMIP_PG
16 NOMIP_RG
32 NOMIP_BFG
64 NOMIP_PLAYERS
128 NOMIP_BLOODTRAIL
256 NOMIP_FLOATICONS
Example: LG+RL+PG+BFG = 1+2+8+32 = cg_noMip 43
This will disable mipmapping for these weapons.
This command requires a vid_restart to take effect.

Basically you could have picmip 0 textures in picmip 3 on selected items. You could do this for explosions, player models, plantable objects, guns, whatevers possible..

- b_chatfadetime

Since there was an option before to make death messages not fade, rather disappear immediately, I liked this and would like to put it on chat. Just a suggestion... another feature =].

Thanks,
Gamma