hey bani i have a kool idea please reply

Discussion for Admins of Banimod servers.<br>
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Do you think a self destruct button would be kool to have?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:45 am

YES!!! That would kick ass!
55%
Yea that sounds good.
27%
No.
18%
I dont really care
No votes

Total votes: 11

Nmam

hey bani i have a kool idea please reply

Post by Nmam »

:idea: i dont know if any one else thinks this would be kool but i was thinking about like a self destruct where like u type in console /selfdestruct or u can bind it to a key like /playdead and when u selfdestruct u blow up like dynamite that way u can like clear out a room or something i think that would be awsome :flamer:
Knifey

Post by Knifey »

thats a good idea. and you beep also, so people know you are gonna do it, to make it fair. oh, and you lose 6 points instead of 3
yag si yennek
Nmam

perfect

Post by Nmam »

yes that would make it even better like it can have like a 5 sec detoination time thats kool
Nmam

im going to be thinking about this today

Post by Nmam »

what i said on my last post like we coul,d have it like a grenade with the 5 second wait but the people near u can hear it beeping 1 beep every second
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

Since something like that would be so powerful, maybe instead of a beep (which would be hard to hear, especially if you're trying to take down a large number of people, what with all the gunfire), you would blink like dyno, or have some for of sign above you, like the spy spotting/camping thing, only different.

Just my advice, and yea, I agree on the -6 points as well. I mean, if you're doing it to take people out, you should be getting some points in return anyway.
CarSuperfreak

Post by CarSuperfreak »

two things, if ff was on, meaning you would kill your own team as well, then it should be pretty obvious to everyone that your gonna blow up, but if ff was off, only able to kill opposing team, then maybe it should be a little less obvious. like the blinking like dyno idea, maybe only you would blink, not the WHOLE area around you, or maybe somethin could come acroos the bottom of the screen like when dyno is planted saying "(persons sn here) is going to explode" or somethin. i dunno :?
Dr. James

Post by Dr. James »

There's another server side modifiation floating out there that lets you spawn grenades directing out in a directional rose. The command is /spawnnades and you type it in the console of bind it to a key.

Personally, I have used the suicide bombing technique before to aid in the progression of the team I was on. It's a dirty trick that costs me 3 points, but it is for the good of the team.

The question is, why would we replace this technique with a selfdestruct button? Answer: On the goldrush modes with instagib, there are no grenades.

But let's think about this for a second. With instagib on, the person you are trying to take with you can kill you with one shot. This would require sneaking up on the person to do it. Well...if you sneak up on them, can't you shoot them from behind if instagib is on?

If you are still worried about your aim or killing mass people, simply spawn as an engineer. You can detonate your own dynamite with a gun shot. This allows you to "plant" dynamite at corners and entrances and detonate them when the enemy comes strolling through. You can detonate them at safe distances or if you are on ice, you can sit right above them and detonate when someone come speeding by.

Point being: With the mechanics the bani server provides, in normal and instagib modes, a self destruct button wouldn't enhance the game play. We would start seeing n00bs detonating themselves to be a pain, but they wouldn't do any better than if they'd use a gun or dynamite. On normal mode, you can do that anyways if you can count clicks when holding a grenade.
THE JUGGERNAUT

Post by THE JUGGERNAUT »

The only problem with blowing up your self with dyno is that you have to change to dyno lay it then change back to your gun and shoot it. Which for some (like your self) You have to take you hand off of improtant keys. And some times with my roller mouse it doesn't work right or fast enuff. So if you wanted to be a suicide bomber I could see why you would want to be able to bind a key. My self I don't like killing my self, I will jump in the middle of a gun fight but I don't like to kill my self. well most of these was to dr. James but I think I made a good point.
THE UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT form marvel comics
Dr. James

Post by Dr. James »

So instead of hitting the "6" key, you would leave your finger position to hit another key? I'm sure you could bind the self destruct key to something closer than "6", but then it would make it that much more likely that you would accidentally blow yourself up.

The question still is: what does it add to the game play? Why would anyone in their right mind give an advantage to a n00b that would be willing to kill himself because they can't shoot worth crap. I personally think the Bani Mod wouldn't benefit from self destruct, infact, it would suffer.

Before Bani spends the time adding in this feature, just to take it out in a week, I think we should think this through from both sides. I hate to take the opposition for any idea, but we are looking for a better gaming experiance. Does everyone who couldn't shoot detonating themselves all over the map add to the game with the bani modifications already in place?
THE JUGGERNAUT

Post by THE JUGGERNAUT »

I don't realy like the idea my self but im just saying if someone wanted to do it, it would me ezer to be able to bind a key
THE UNSTOPABLE JUGGERNAUT form marvel comics
Nmam

ok few things here

Post by Nmam »

it can be where server admins can turn it on and off and we can try to keep it as secret from people as we can
hjey bani what do u think? :?: