Medics...

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

hiro

Medics...

Post by hiro »

To reduce the tendancy of medics going off 'rambo' on pubs, any chance their max health could be the same as the rest of the team, ie 125? Maybe 135 so they can take an extra hit, but I think the 150-odd they can achieve now is a bit too much when you take into account their ability to regenerate health and pack themselves up (which should stay as they are), not to mention the adrenaline at lvl 4.

Remember this is for public server play and the idea is to balance the classes and enbcourage a little more team work, not to weaken medics or reduce their abilities. Is this a reasonable idea or not?

I'd also like to see their ammo capacity reduced by one clip so field-ops have greater chance of being revived, but I fear that will get me lynched...
>QD|Skull<

Post by >QD|Skull< »

I think this is a good Idea for pubs, one clip and same health as everyone else. Maybe plus one health for ever medic on your team.
newio

Post by newio »

nuh, theres always a lot of debate about the medics strength. Medics are the backbone of the team, the team with top quality meds wins, and usually it makes for a more exciting game (less time spent in limbo for all players). Bringing the other players up to on strength would be the only viable option, but you'd be suprised how much that will favour the defense!
Cel

just keep in mind

Post by Cel »

Personaly i feel that the medics have their hp advantage for a reason. As the only char that is able to revive they draw a lot more attention than a field op. the medics job is to jump to wounded teammates and revive them while under heavy fire, that wont work with equal hp to the other chars.
- Every light also casts a shadow -
glassjoe

Post by glassjoe »

What if the medic's aim was set to be so bad when they are tripped out on adrenaline, that they wouldn't want to be rambo anyway? I mean bad aim like an mg42 standing.
SwERvE

Re: Medics...

Post by SwERvE »

hiro wrote:I'd also like to see their ammo capacity reduced by one clip so field-ops have greater chance of being revived, but I fear that will get me lynched...
I would be happy to do the lynching... Personally I have no problems with the current medics unless the entire teams is full of them. Sure they may run out of ammo but it is just annoying to watch them keep comming.

I think a better option would be a class limiter on the number of meds the same way heavy weapons can be limited. This would actually be helpful for all classes on a pub server so that there aren't full teams of one class.
blackwitz

Post by blackwitz »

i dont agree....i mean what ever you do u'll always have non-teamworkers on your team if your playing on a pub whether it's on locked box or [MEGA] XP save....I think the classes are fine as they are medics are a key point in a team if u reduce their aim or just give them a pistol then u screw your whole team over...and you favor defense think about it 9 out of 10 times the medic makes diference between a succesfull and a un-succesfull attack if they get kill first because they are aimed at first and have no way to defend themselves then there would be no way to breached an organized defense...if most medics are rambo's on pub is because their teammate dont want their help and just tap out as soon as they die....how many time u went for a revive but the player tapped out in ur face then you got backraged ...i mean pubs are pubs...as frustrating as they are....
-)G(-Punisher

Post by -)G(-Punisher »

They should fix it were a medic and a Field Op cannot give themselves packs. They must be healed by other medics or given ammo by other FO's. I feel this would eliminate the rambo medic problem and get the medic back to reviving people like they are supposed to. They is nothing more annoying than taking on a team of 6 with 5 medics leading the way.
Mystiqq

Post by Mystiqq »

Compared to other classes, medics are way too good (to be true). I mean, at least reducing max ammo for medics would be lot better, even then medics would be pretty good and would lower the "ramboing" thus forcing them to stay in group.

Not changing anything isnt the answer.
alex247

Post by alex247 »

Something has to be done about the medics. Its fine for tournament play, but on the public servers most are just rambos. Starting out as a level 1 medic is a huge advantage over everyone else, but once a person gets to level 4 you might as well for get about it. The only way to take out level4 medics is with a panzer. I did like the idea that medics can't heal themselves. Only teammates. That might cut down on all the rambos out there.
RoadKillPuppy

Post by RoadKillPuppy »

As mentioned before: don't let em pick up the weapons from the ones they kill...

RKP
Imbroglio

Post by Imbroglio »

i've thought about a couple reasonable adjustments:

(1) when they pack themselves, the med packs should only be half of what the pack is actually worth, so say they got shot down to 20hp, even at lvl3 the most packs they could give out is like 6, that would only bring them back to 80hp

(2) lower the peak out hp, 151hp is absolutely absurd, and there is absolutely no reason to have a single player's hp that high, let alone someone that can heal themselves

(3) make them play as a team, if a medic only started out with half a clip, then a full clip, instead of a full then 2, it would force teamplay in pubs, cause medics are essential, and aren't they supposed to be quick and agile? carrying 4 ammo clips most likely wouldn't occur, so why not cut that back to while we're at it

i'm not saying these are the way, but limiting the number of meds is by no means a solution, yea they can be dangerous, but imho a team of GOOD panzers (not the noobs that use them because they haven't figured out how to work a smg yet) is 10x more dangerous than a team of medics, that's why there is a heavy weapon restriction
Till DEATH do us Part
Mystiqq

Post by Mystiqq »

Small idea for a medic revive ( which is pretty powerfull imo ) is that it should have a similar "progress bar" as covops have when stealing a uniform. higher the level medic you are, faster the reviving will happen...

Just an idea.
Mystiqq

Post by Mystiqq »

Regarding rambo medics, perhaps adding delay to the healing when you pick up a medpack. This would at least get rid of the medics "runaways", when they jump around and toss em selfs medpacks and usually get away from firefights alive.
Perhaps even making the medpack heal delay effect everyone, but this would probably require some editing on the health bar.

Sample:

Red is the current "real health" and orange part is where it will eventually "heal to". Im not sure what the healing rate should be, perhaps something like 5-10hp/second...

Just a thought... :)
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

No!