text variables?

Discussion for Admins of ETPro/BayonET servers.
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Kamel

text variables?

Post by Kamel »

i own the Guilty of Genocide server runing bani's ETPro 2.0.0.2 (or whatever the latest is... i am fairly certain that's it though, too lazy to look, lol). one of the things which attracted me to the mod was that i went on a server once which said type "hey [k], good fight, but i still owned you with my [w], and have [h] healthpoints remaining. it would fill that in when you typed it.

i use this mod a lot for leisure as opposed to competition (we don't ladder yet... and might not, lol). so, anyway, if anyone knows anything about this, please let me know. sorry if this post is off-topic for the more trouble shooting type questions -- wasn't sure where to put it.

"Common sense isn't very common."
HarryHirsch

Post by HarryHirsch »

YEAH we need more laming messages in a competition mod :roll:

Harry

scnr
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

it migt be handy but its probbely unneeded for competiton
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

eh? i've seen it done, so i'm fairly certain it is a feature... why would it matter if it's for competition or not? just want to have fun
FellatedOne

Post by FellatedOne »

I use it with team chat more than public chat. I use it to say "so and so killed me and now has my uniform" and "Hey so and so, my health is blah blah and I need healing" or "Dammit so and so, give me some ammo!".

LOL

I don't really use in public chat during gaming though.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

well, i think it would be really useful for better communication -- also, if you could do something like /say [target] or whatever, you could tell the person you're aimed at that you are a medic and stop so i can give you some health, or maybe even a /m [target] (would that work?) could be even better for speeding up communication during competative gameplay.

ok, i've given a damn good reason why it could be used for competition, now will anyone actually be useful and tell me if it's an option; maybe even if it is an option they could tell me how to do it? thanks, sorry for the bit of hostility in me, i just really liked these features, and wish i could have them.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

can't anyone help me? i'm despirate... i'll code html for food... ok, not really, cuz i dont know html, but i could make u a site with frontpage :D.

seriously though, i want this feature for the game more than any other =\ if anyone could help me in the slightest bit i would be glad to help them with something... or something... yea, lol (sorry i'm not being very persuasive =\)

atleast tell me if it's not a part of etpro =\ (maybe it's bayonet? i haven't figured out exactly what bayonet is exactly yet, but i guess it's like etpro or something).
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i think your thinking of shrubet
bayonet is the fun side of etpro... it'll get all the cool features
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

no, it was most definitely etpro -- it had the alternate hub somehow forced as well, which is how i remember, lol. it was an older version though.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

ok, i'm stupid -- it was a different mod. sorry for all this guys.

i will say, however, i think that would be a very good idea for a feature addition to etpro. i guess it's just been too long since i've been there, lol.

really sorry for that =\
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Kamel wrote:ok, i'm stupid -- it was a different mod. sorry for all this guys.

i will say, however, i think that would be a very good idea for a feature addition to etpro. i guess it's just been too long since i've been there, lol.

really sorry for that =\
heh damn i'm good
My Website
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

gotenks wrote:

really sorry for that =\
heh damn i'm good
you're not *that* good, cuz i knew it wasn't shrub -- it was called ET_Tourneymod -- but made by shrub none-the-less. pretty sure he stopped working on it, cuz i didn't find hardly any traces of it when i searched :( -- while looking at it though, the features looked really good
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

Kamel wrote:
gotenks wrote:

really sorry for that =\
heh damn i'm good
you're not *that* good, cuz i knew it wasn't shrub -- it was called ET_Tourneymod -- but made by shrub none-the-less. pretty sure he stopped working on it, cuz i didn't find hardly any traces of it when i searched :( -- while looking at it though, the features looked really good
http://www.ardiem.net/shrubet/index.php?id=14
ShrubET wrote:When g_shortcuts (0) is set to 1, text shortcuts are enabled which allow players to type "shortcuts" in the form [x]. These are replaced with the appropriate text. Shortcuts include:

[a] - last person who gave you ammo
[d] - last person who killed you
[h] - last person who gave you health
[k] - last person you killed
[l] - your current location
[n] - your name
[r] - last person who revived you
[p] - teammate you are pointing at
[s] - your health
[w] - weapon you are currently holding

For example, typing "Help me at [l]! I only have [s] health left" will produce something like "Help me at (A,2)! I only have 20 health left!"
i repeat... damn i'm good
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

btw there is a url to et tourney mod but i forgot it i visited ti b4