Shooting spotted mines?

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

slyoldfox

Shooting spotted mines?

Post by slyoldfox »

I don't know if this idea has been suggested already. If it was, ignore it :)

I remember the first time i was playing ET, I saw those flags saying "M" and I thought "those must be mines", so my first reaction was to shoot at it from a distance, only to see that they didn't blow up. As of now, you can only blow up a mine with a grenade or an airstrike (or defuse it of course).

I have no clue if a mine goes off while shooting around and at it .. I would say yes? If this is the case, wouldn't it be fun, once a covert ops has spotted enemy mines, that you can shoot at the mines and they explode. This gives a spicy touch to the game in my opinion (imagine a covert ops sniping a mine where a soldier is walking by). Also at level 4 of battle sense (where you get trap awereness) you can shoot at the mines you see and they explode.

To make it a bit honest tho, I think the mine should explode just after shooting a good ammount of ammo at it. I dunno what about panzers and flamethrowers. I would say flamethrowers wouldn't have an effect whereas panzers would.

What you think .. maybe an idea for the next 2.0.x ?
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

doesnt sonud like a good idea to me :roll:
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

sounds like shootable dyno, not a bad idea... could be usefull in bayonet. Panzers should set them off as they do have an explosion bigger than a grenade.
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

It would be nice in bayonet for the panzers, grenades, and mortars to set off landmines. Or at least the panzers and mortars, theoretically they would set off any mines immediatly nearby anyway.
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

Yeah, that's fine but guns are way too common and that would make EVERYONE able to blow them up, making them almost useless.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yeah but heavy waepons its cool

but not for enginners caz a destroiyable dynomite can be seen a mine is invisable
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

RammStein wrote:Yeah, that's fine but guns are way too common and that would make EVERYONE able to blow them up, making them almost useless.
everyone can blow them up... spotted mines are explodeable by a grenade... it just makes sence that since a grenade can why not a panzer & mortar?
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
RammStein

Post by RammStein »

Well yeah, panzers and mortars should blow them up, but not smgs. It was early when I posted that. :oops: