/kill request?

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

dragon

/kill request?

Post by dragon »

Would it be possible to nerf the /kill command in the following way?

A variable like b_killtime x where x is the amount of seconds it takes for the game to implement the /kill command.

This would mean, if b_killtime 3 was set, if I press my bind for /kill it won't actually take effect for 3 seconds.

Now, before peeps start to bag me out here, listen to the reason (besides, setting the time to 0 would leave it as default)
Already in Competition, one of Australia's better known ET teams were using /kill to deny their opposition Panzer and SMG kills. This is rather imho, against the spirit of the game. Aforementioned variable would effectively prevent this, without affecting the use of /kill as a regroup method.

Thoughts?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

bani allready has taken sides in this previous 2 page post called "/kill delay"
http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/vi ... sc&start=0
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
Badass

Post by Badass »

From what i can gather he will be introducing it into the pub mod bayonet.
Personally i think its a great idea for pub play.

The other idea that was bought up in that thread was the /kill window of x amount of seconds before spawn.

I think this would be perfect for etpro. The main problem with the current system is the denial of xp to the opposition. There is no reason why you would want to /kill outside 5 seconds to spawn apart from the above mentioned.

By reading that other thread, there is a lot of support both ways. Giving server admins the option of say b_killtime so they could set the window in seconds of how long players have to /kill before spawn could only be a plus imo.

If server admins dont like the idea, dont use it. But it would be great to have the option.
DG

Post by DG »

can you imagine how annoying it would be to hit /kill and then have it do nothing for a couple of seconds, thus missing the respawn and sitting in limbo for a full time? Any team doing enough /kill to deny a significant XP in a clanwar (where stopwatch means XP doesnt have much chance to effect anyway) would be laughed at forever.

tbh I find it far more likely that people /kill because theyre either grabbing the next respawn or theyre stat whores.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

for bayonet only.

how about if you /kill yourself, it awards a kill to whoever inflicted the most damage on you.
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

So the enemy is flat out killing themselfs (and going straight to limbo), instead of leaving it to chance for you to kill them. Enlighten me, what's the problem here?
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

hello, my name is Gotenks... and i'm an ... XPWHORE :cry: :cry: :cry:
My Website
Badass

Post by Badass »

Enlighten me, what's the problem here?
You kill the enemy = xp for you
You get the enemy down to 10 health, they /kill, no xp for you.

Bani seems to think its only worthwile implementing a work around for bayonet, whereas i beleive its an unfair tactic organised teams could use effectively in clan play.
Majikthise

Post by Majikthise »

So basically, you're saying that the little bit of XP earned for a kill is more important than taking out the enemy? Funny, seems like killing, and gibbing your enemy would be pretty high up there on the priorities list.

Do yourself (not the team) a favor, and be a medic and shoot your teammates, then hand them medpacks.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i am fully with bani on this... you say for public they need it... in public i RARELY see it, and if the oponent is good enough the other team never has any time to use the /kill before their dead in clan matches. Plus i haven't seen any tourniment rules saying you can't use this tachtic
My Website
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

Badass wrote:
Enlighten me, what's the problem here?
You kill the enemy = xp for you
You get the enemy down to 10 health, they /kill, no xp for you.

Bani seems to think its only worthwile implementing a work around for bayonet, whereas i beleive its an unfair tactic organised teams could use effectively in clan play.
lets see a demo then. if its such a big widespread problem, it should be trivial to get a demo. right?

so far nobody has ever produced a demo of this actually being used in competition.

not that any clan doing so would be likely to win. if you /kill then you can't be revived, you are out for an entire respawn cycle. you lose your battle sense XP. plus with sticky charge, it puts you at an even more extreme disadvantage.

i expect any clan that actually does this in competition will lose in record time.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

bani wrote:for bayonet only.

how about if you /kill yourself, it awards a kill to whoever inflicted the most damage on you.
im fully whit this idea caz its about the same like i sad b4

so if you do /kill they still get their
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

=FF=im2weak4u wrote:
bani wrote:for bayonet only.

im fully whit this idea caz its about the same like i sad b4

so if you do /kill they still get their
how would you deal with team damage? eg. your teammate shoots you dragging you down to 3 hp, you /kill because no medics nor health cabinates arround. Do they get the xp?
also
if your teammate damages you to 50hp, then you engage an enemy which drags you to 25hp then you /kill who get's the xp then?
or(unlikely but possible):
you engage 2 enemies as a medic with 120hp. Both do 50hp damage to you, who get's the xp then?
My Website
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i tihnk if an enemy does more damage then you teamate then he gets the XP

esle if a teamate is shooting oyu and he does more thne 50 percent damge it countas as a teamkill
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

ok so what about if 2 enemies score equall damage?
My Website