althud request

Discussion for Bani's Tournament Mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

ReyalP

althud request

Post by ReyalP »

a setting that turns off the silly head, but leaves the compass in the default ET configuration. I find the reduced size of the compass makes it hard to use use the in compass minimap, probably because I play at 800x600.
send lawyers, guns and money
Naked Pope

Post by Naked Pope »

And maybe a b_CompassZoom var to set an initial "compass map zoom" value. I usually zoom out 4 times to see anything on the compass.
-agony-

Post by -agony- »

I'd also like to see this, as I quite dislike the head, but like to have the compass where it is by default. Also with the extended demo viewer on its way, and this topic being about the hud, I wonder if it would be possible to add a few cvars for more elements on the hud to to be toggled on/off (texts etc.) or have transparency added so you can remove em that way, as a lot of the commands that are used to clear the hud from rtcw just simply arent working for ET (or at least I cant get them to work). So I find it a lot harder to get a nice clean hud with ET for fragmovie making.

Another thing that I would really like to see is the possibility to remove the osp demo menu that ET appears to be using. It's quite annoying to not be able to use your own settings without having to bring down console, for example toggling the drawtimer with a key, toggling cg_draw2d, own settings for timescale (without a ugly green little marker showing the current timescale), third person view, rotate etc.
hiro

Post by hiro »

being able to set the initial compass zoom would be good, as would a slightly bigger compass.

here's my dodgy photpchopped want list for the hud :)

Top Left
- Console entries half-spaced, reversed (new entries at top)
- icons 50%

Top right
- Fireteam display

Lower Left
- Chat messages etc.

lower centre
- Compass 75% of original size
- compass map spins to face same direction as player

lower right
- Health percentage 150%, no health bar
- XP, charge & sprint bars
- Gun icon & ammo

if the pic doesn't work go here
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

Take Hiro's settings and move the clock, fps, & lagometer the the right of the compass, and that would make "ETPro" King of all mod's :twisted:
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i like the pic but hod costumisation is already requested b4 and is on the todo list.

i hope they make it posable to add new huds or remove huds or move ans resise huds and set alpha channels ofcourse :P