"Shame lists"

Discussion for ET Players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

SiliconSlick

Post by SiliconSlick »

http://www.nd80usa.net/cfgs/pbbans.dat.txt

and grep on "PB:" (to filter out other bans).

SiliconSlick
"We got a kinder, gentler, machine gun hand"--Neil Young,Rockin' in the Free World,Freedom
http://siliconslick.com/wp/mgb.jpg
ND80_Ronin

Post by ND80_Ronin »

You tellem slick!!

Damm cheats
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

SiliconSlick wrote:http://www.nd80usa.net/cfgs/pbbans.dat.txt

and grep on "PB:" (to filter out other bans).

SiliconSlick
It's empty. :?:
alex247

Post by alex247 »

I don't understand why people want to cheat.

Your risking being banned and then you can't play at all. :roll:
Spoofeh

Post by Spoofeh »

alex247 wrote:Your risking being banned and then you can't play at all. :roll:
Unfortunately there's no way to permanently ban someone with dynamic IP. :cry:
Sure, you can ban the entire subnet, but then the ban may affect other players as well.
booger

Post by booger »

duke'ku wrote:it detects very little.
Obviously spkoen from inexperiance. While pb only catches what it's told to catch,in other words,what evenbalance tells it to catch,it has never taken more than a couple days for it to pick up a new PUBLIC hack.That is not to say there aren't ones that are never made public for that reason. :P
booger

Post by booger »

Obviously spkoen from inexperiance. While pb only catches what it's told to catch,in other words,what evenbalance tells it to catch,it has never taken more than a couple days for it to pick up a new PUBLIC hack.That is not to say there aren't ones that are never made public for that reason. :P
booger

Post by booger »

sorry for dbl post.
Last edited by booger on Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

booger wrote:
there was a wallhack that took several weeks to detect that was used in rtcw, et, and COD, yup they were right on that one...
Girl wrote:Is there any trusted sites out that document busted bot users and wallhackers? Just curious.
i know zer0 has a cheat ban sharing ( www.zer0-clan.com ) and www.enemy-territory.com is in process of doing something similar
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
booger

Post by booger »

gotenks wrote:
booger wrote:
there was a wallhack that took several weeks to detect that was used in rtcw, et, and COD, yup they were right on that one...
Girl wrote:Is there any trusted sites out that document busted bot users and wallhackers? Just curious.
i know zer0 has a cheat ban sharing ( www.zer0-clan.com ) and www.enemy-territory.com is in process of doing something similar
Has it occurred to anyone that any list you might come accross has to come from somewhere? And that any names/guids or ip's that have not been caught by pb are just guessing? Or does anyone think the hackers just volunteer this information? It's one thing to ban known cheaters,it's another to ban peeps you THINK are cheating. Yes lets toss pb out the window and just give the hackers what they want.
No offense to any here, but the hack has to known before anyone can write code to find it. I hear at least 4 or 5 times a day so and so is wallhacking or aimbotting. So before we go flaming pb for what they didnt get,think about what they did get.
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

booger wrote: Has it occurred to anyone that any list you might come accross has to come from somewhere?
This is true.
And as a server admin, I get them from the log files.
booger wrote: And that any names/guids or ip's that have not been caught by pb are just guessing? Or does anyone think the hackers just volunteer this information? It's one thing to ban known cheaters,it's another to ban peeps you THINK are cheating.
{Zer0}clan keeps 2 lists.
1. Cheaters that have been caught by PB
2. For the A-holes that have worn out the welcome on our server.
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
DG

Post by DG »

btw www.pbbans.com now has quite a lot of PB cheat detection bans, about 430 or something last I looked. Most of them are euro players (or from euro servers anyway).

www.punksbusted.com is a useful site for helpful forums etc but nobody submits bans for ET there.

btw both sites you have to be a registered admin there in order to submit (but not download) bans, and bans are from PB logs or PB screenshots. Some demo's do result in bans but you have to supply them the demo and it has to be obvious enough.

tbh I dont see the point in anybody else doing a banshare, except obviously a private one between you and admins you personally know etc.. Might start getting more useful to seperate euro & usa servers (and so on) as the ban lists start to get really huge.

btw the zero "banshare" requires you to register for the forum, where you then find out "Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum", which is useful.
Badhabit

Post by Badhabit »

DG wrote: btw the zero "banshare" requires you to register for the forum, where you then find out "Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum", which is useful.
DG wrote: tbh I dont see the point in anybody else doing a banshare, except obviously a private one between you and admins you personally know etc..
Just like you said "a private one between admins"
All you have to do is ask for access.
{Zer0}'s House of Torment 67.19.67.118:27960
{Zer0}'s RTCW server 67.19.67.119:27960
Now Lets Go Kick Some ASS
And thats an Order.
DG

Post by DG »

can I have access? :lol:

btw the link I gave earlier in this thread is kept updated regularily with my own detections (and obviously I wouldnt [& couldnt anyway] be submitting yours to pbbans.com). The pbbans.dat file can also be found if someone looks around rtcw.co.uk enough though, and your bans would show up on it.