Is it just me, or is spamming on the servers truly annoying?

Discussion for Banimod players

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Bucknutz

Is it just me, or is spamming on the servers truly annoying?

Post by Bucknutz »

k maybe i'm just a grumpy old man, but am I the only one who's finding this new insult script - or key binds or whatever it is - that's goin around bani servers these days really annoying? You know the one I mean... with such clever witticisms as the one about your wife tellin me you were shooting blanks, and go back to bootcamp, I rule, ownage, etc etc? I mean come on, if you're going to bind a bunch of crappy sayings to your keys, at least use something original!

And no, it's not the end of the world that these players are all using the same lil catchphrases... i just find it annoying when 8 out of 16 players are continuously cluttering up the message area with the same inane comments, over and over... doesn't it get tired? Well that's my bi*ch session, whew glad it's over, i can rest now. Anyone else have a comment on this? :roll:
Rehab is for quitters.
alexjones8194

Post by alexjones8194 »

yeah those sayings are pretty gay. like real soldiers would even say that. and give spammers a new medium.
kenny stinks
Ohayden

Post by Ohayden »

It's called the soundpack. You can d/l it here. And you can read a little about it here. Or do a search, might shed some light.
Ohayden
alexjones8194

Post by alexjones8194 »

we know that man. i tjhought it was gonna be cool. and wtf does shazbot fucking mean?
kenny stinks
duke'ku

Post by duke'ku »

SHVDKTY (ID)

Post by SHVDKTY (ID) »

good job duke...lol I happen to think that the new taunts are well put together and add to the game...thanks bani
Ohayden

Post by Ohayden »

alexjones8194 wrote:we know that man. i tjhought it was gonna be cool. and wtf does shazbot fucking mean?
You might want to re-read the initial post. The guy CLEARLY doesn't know about the soundpack.
Ohayden
SwERvE

SHAZBOT

Post by SwERvE »

and wtf does shazbot fucking mean?
If you have ever watched a late 1970s show starring Robin Williams, called Mork and Mindy. Some of you may be too young to have ever heard of this show. It was great! Robin Williams was an alien from outer-space who was studying earth people and living in the city. One of his native language curses was SHAZBOT! That is, to my knowledge, where the word comes from.
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

that is where it comes from... lol nonoo nonoo
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
tWIStd

Post by tWIStd »

that soundpack is kinda wacked
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i like it... too bad i don't know the commands yet, i'll find out though...
My Website
SwERvE

Spamming isnt always vsays

Post by SwERvE »

It isnt the vsay commands that are getting as annoying as the kids that are new to bani or just want to piss you off... scrolling the same phrase over and over and over again. Most people are pretty good about not being annoying, but there are a few that cant help themselves to spamming the chat window with "monkeyfart ownz", "blah blah clan is recruiting", or "I lick twat". It has gotten to the point where after a few polite requests I will just kick em. The funny part is, I didnt even think much about doing something about it until I saw this post. Oh well, better late then never....I guess.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

spam protection for text chats... hmm... 8)
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

bani your da man
My Website
-[x]-foolsgold

Post by -[x]-foolsgold »

YES! YES! YES! PLEASE! SOON! GOD IM SBOUT TO GO NUTS ON SOME OF THE SERVERS. somone says something to you and you miss it you have to go back through all that SH!T just to find it. YUCK! P!SS ME OFF AT TIMES! most of the time i just ignore it but it is getting out of hand in my opinion.
Smile for today might be your last.
Kats always land on their feet!