incendiary projectile rounds

Discussion for Bani's Pub mod

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

hiro

incendiary projectile rounds

Post by hiro »

this is possibly a foolish idea, but what are people's thoughts on having incendiary rounds for panzers and mortars?

Anyone hit in the splash damage cone would be set on fire as if hit by a flame thrower. Direct hits would still gib, but anyone outside the immediate impact area would suffer fire damage, perhaps in varying degrees as to their proximity. So instead of being killed and knocked across the courtyard when you get mortared at spawn, you lose a chunck of hp and run around burning, losing further hp for for a few seconds (same as if touched by a flamer).

I'm not sure how you'd impliment it, perhaps awarded it to level 4 soldiers (panz & mortar)? As I said it may not be a workable idea, but it could be very fun for bayonET :twisted:
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

that'd be an interesting addition for mortar, but don't think such a good idea for panzer. I still think the smoke canisters for the mortar would be good too
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
chris

Post by chris »

i got idea for mortar, for secondary fire a gas shell that has similar efeect area as smoke grenade but causes damage to players, but only one per mortar guy and unless u die cant be resupplied to avoid over use
bacon

Post by bacon »

chris wrote:i got idea for mortar, for secondary fire a gas shell that has similar efeect area as smoke grenade but causes damage to players, but only one per mortar guy and unless u die cant be resupplied to avoid over use
Mortar already has secondary fire, it's how you set it up to fire it.
chris

Post by chris »

just a thaught :x
Svartberg

Post by Svartberg »

well i think it's pretty cool, sure it should be balanced, but it's a nice idea to have more toys/fun in it.

however it can kinda take the idea of smoking tactics from covert ops away, and the gas would encourage raping a certain location.
but if having other rounds like the various rounds on tanks (flechete, etc) can be nice for example trade damage for spread, etc.

changing rounds can be done by clicking the weapon slot button again. (like the way it takes the silencer off).