When does the autoexec_mapname get executed?

Discussion for any ET/ETPro/BayonET bugs or cheats you find...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

imagine

When does the autoexec_mapname get executed?

Post by imagine »

Firstly, I hope I posted this in the right place, more of a question rather than a bug but hopefully someone can give me a quick explanation on how this works exactly.

I have the said autoexec_mapname.cfg files in my /etpro/ folder, within those files I have a few scripts for Spawn Selection, Class Selection etc.. work like a dream!! (Thank you Bani)

However, I also have map specific settings in those files such as picmip settings, brightness, fastsky etc. Now these settings picmip and the brightness settings in particular need a vid_restart to be executed before they take effect.

Are the autoexec_mapname.cfg files executed AFTER the map loads or before it?

That's really my question, I personally would think it would be great for the autoexec files to be executed before the map loads as this would allow for said graphical & rendering settings to be processed in the map loading rather than requiring a vid_restart after the map has loaded.

Obviously if this isn't possible then there isn't much that can be done, or if this already happens then great, but why occasionally do I still have to vid_restart for the settings to take effect?

Thanks guys..
________
Lolol
Last edited by imagine on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
bani
Site Admin

Post by bani »

its executed after.

by the time the client gets far enough to execute any cfg files, it's already too late. so there's no way around the vid_restart, sadly.
imagine

Post by imagine »

Ahh, fast responses I like.

I guessed that it was done after that is why I was seeing that those settings needed a vid_restart.. not a problem to be honest.

Thanks bani.
________
Simmering Food