Please add Stats and please let us turn off blood splatter.

Request/discuss new banimod features here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

Would you like for Banimod to have stats similar to Shrub?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 19

UberNoob

Please add Stats and please let us turn off blood splatter.

Post by UberNoob »

Since I usually play OSP or Shrub when I get on a Bani server and see no stats it sure is a let down. I don't know if this is just the Bani server I usually play on when I do play or whether there are no stats for any Bani server. Anyway, it'd be great to see some accuracy and kill ratios. Give out awards like Shrub does between rounds etc. That'd be great and the one other thing I'd like to have the option to turn off blood splatter like you can in OSP. Having your own blood flying up while you are being shot is not very unrealistic and especially how it blinds you. So you are already at a disadvantage that you are being hit with bullets and to top things off you are being blinded by your own blood and can hardly see who is shooting you? Please oh please fix those 2 things and it'd be more fun and I know many players won't play Bani just because there are no stats. I know I'd play it more if there were some stats.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

beleve me if oyu want it or not its not gonig to happen
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

it's been asked for a lot of times in the past, makes players play for points and not for teamwork
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
UberNoob

Post by UberNoob »

Having stats does not make you play for points. You can already see who has however many points at the end of the game. Stats show you how accurate you were(how many bullets hit out of how many were fired) it also shows you how many you killed in comparison with how many times you died. Most of the time on any OSP server the person with the most points is not the one who did the most killing or had the best accuracy or best kill ratio. Points have nothing to do with it. You can camp the objective and kill the objective carrier and get high score almost every time. Showing awards for who ever had the most kills, who ever was most accurate, who ever gave out the most ammo or med packs and things of that nature gives players the proper credit they deserve. Not the noobs who camp the objective and let a person from the other team get the docs just to kill him so you get the big game points for doing next to nothing. Banimod has a niche and that small group of players would increase greatly if it would only adapt like OSP and Shrub have. Game points have very little to do with Stats.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yes it does make you play for points

i always try to give most health or whne i walk and see a binucles when i already have 1 i jsut pick it up for ponits instead of letting it stay for my teammates
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

nov 21,2002 bani said:
stats will come, but not the stats you will expect. i don't want to reward players who play just to pump up their stats. so i will do something different.
after over a year nothing has been implimented and bani is buisy working on etpro and bayonet, i doubt any kinsd of stats will be implimented. But i'd look forward to something that doesn't make people play in a non team way, if it would happen
My Website
SwERvE

Post by SwERvE »

There are a few stats progs that I am sure you can code to work with banimod if you really want. The best I have seen is XStab, but you'll have to contact them @ IRC EFnet channel #SmokeHerb if you want the source.
Old Buzzard

Post by Old Buzzard »

I'd rather have cupholders in the war room.
Why am I here? Oh yeah, where's the bathroom!

http://agingm.proboards34.com/index.cgi
-[x]- badman

Post by -[x]- badman »

Also Banimod is played/noted for fun.

not to see who is best.

go join a shrub/osp league if u want that:)
are u ready to die!
{MNG:)}TIMER_PIB(>_<

Post by {MNG:)}TIMER_PIB(>_< »

im ready to die you ready to drink with me? (>_<)
[TBAR]BoogerBomb

Post by [TBAR]BoogerBomb »

So where are the Banistats at?

Actually I know that Bani has abandoned RTCW for a while but would have been nice to finish it off with release 2.0 final. The lack of stats is the only reason im not going to use Bani because my players like them and my players want them.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

yeah all banuimod player know it would have been great if bani just released a 2.0 but .. im afraid it aint going to happent
UberNoob

Post by UberNoob »

Ok, I started this thread quite a while ago and I see that the Bani servers I've been playing on lately still have no stats. I have been a competitive RTCW and ET player and truthfully, I like RTCW better. Anyway, I've found myself playing on Bani RTCW servers more and more and enjoy myself quite a bit. I really do wish that Bani would add some new features to make it even more fun. Of course I'd like to see the addition of stats like every other mod of RTCW and ET currently has. It seems as if Bani just abandoned RTCW. How much money would it take for Bani to add stats to a new version of RTCW Banimod? It looks as if 2/3 of the people who play Bani would like for there to be stats in the console. I'd be willing to pay Bani to do a little work on the RTCW mod. I also frequent quite a few different Banimod servers and would be willing to try to get everyone to donate to Bani if he would do a little more work to make his mod even better. So Bani, how much will it take for you to add some stats to Banimod similar to Shrub or OSP's console stats? Also, do you have a Pay Pal account?

UberNoob aka DynoSauR
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

bani's buisy with etpro, ettv, and possibly bayonet... he has 0 intention to really work on banimod and has been asked by friendly modders for the source and has turned them down... with RTCW 2 in development, my guess RTCW banimod is not gonna be extended :cry:
My Website
UberNoob

Post by UberNoob »

I can only hope that cold hard cash would help a little to get a receptive ear. I know quite a few people who would gladly give $10 or more to get Banimod updated just a little more. I think there is a new interest and popularity in Banimod RTCW servers out there. It's just a shame that Bani would abandon this mod that so many people out there still play. As for RTCW 2, I am looking forward to it's release but, if it plays anything like Doom 3 or HL2 then I won't like it. People have been bitching about having low FPS in RTCW ever since it first came out and Doom 3 and HL2 both sap all but, the very latest video cards to the point that you have to turn down the graphic candy to make them fun to play. So please oh please, do just a little more work on Banimod I'll get people to donate. Just give me a figure to shoot for and I'll do my part to get Bani paid.