Need Bani on this one!! :-)

Discussion for Admins of Banimod servers.<br>
If you don't run a server, please don't post here...

Moderators: Forum moderators, developers

-[SomeonE]-

Need Bani on this one!! :-)

Post by -[SomeonE]- »

7aight bani i play both 1.0 and 1.4 im in a clan in each version i also host for them in both versions. i know how to run a bani server in 1.4 how to move the files and everything bla bla bla but in 1.0 it doesnt work... :( now i know that bani mod 1.9.99 only works in 1.4 and ive been informed that bani mod versions 0.3 and 0.5 work on 1.0 (ive been told that but havent tried yet) theni saw a server running bani mod 1.0.00 in 1.0 RTCW... so yeah i downloaded the 1.0.00 server pack extracted the .dll file in a folder called banimod at the same level as my main folder (C:\...\RTCW\Banimod) the thing shit path i putted ''C:\...\RTCW\WolfMP.exe'' +set fs_start banimod when the console starts up i see it say current search paths C:\...\RTCW\banimod C:\...\RTCW\banimod\mediapack.pk3 (and the other mediapack1.pk3, i went in my server and game ive tried some stuff out (exemple: scout pilot spy mods) but no use trying it wouldnt work yes i did type g_scout 1 g_co 1 etc... maybe the commands are just different for that version if so forward menow just to remind you i am not a server newbie ive runed my server a lot of time and i can make banimod work in 1.4 now i dont want ANYONE to dare tell me sorry its impossible to have bani 1.0.00 in wolf 1.0 cause i SAW and BEEN and OWNED in the server maybe the server admin was a programer and changed some command lines if thats the case bani id liek your help on that one if i was forwarded to the wrong 1.0.00 files give me a link to the right ones one more thing in the banimod folder i put the folowing files : the something.dll file for bani i downloaded both mediapack.pk3 and mediapack1.pk3 and the sample menu folder witch contained the .txt files and all the other stuff i cant think of right now (the text that comes with when you download)

thanks for the hel... looking forward to a reply

p.s.: sorry if im making anyone pissed if these have been mentioned in any previous posts ive looked for an hour not to bother you but couldnt find anything v45
________
no2 vaporizer
Last edited by -[SomeonE]- on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Prospector-

Post by -Prospector- »

System Specs: Prospector's Place, 512MB of RAM PC3200 512MB Corsair, Albatron GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB AGP 8x, Intel Pentium 4 2.4B Ghz 2.66B Ghz 533Mhz FSB, ATA133 40GB Maxtor 7200 RPM, Jetway 865GDMP 800FSB
-[SomeonE]-

mistakened

Post by -[SomeonE]- »

i think you didnt read properlly my post lol (no offense) i know hwo to run a bani mod in 1.4 usin both mediapacks... plz read over (if you alrady read it once) and help me again lol took me a long time to type that i hope someones gonna rad it from top to bottom (not spead reading)

thanks and no offense
________
herbal vaporizers
Last edited by -[SomeonE]- on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

i have read it all and had some trouble ot understant it

but
1.0.0 is for wolf 1.33
its fs_game not fs_start
try banimod 0.50
gotenks

Post by gotenks »

i have never seen a server below 1.3 running bani 1.0.0, so i don't know what your smokin but could i have some?
i checked bani's server list and i think he either removed listing for bani 1.0.0 and earlier or nobody is running them. Use All-Seeing-Eye to find a 1.0 rtcw running bani 1.0.0 to back up your statement... that way we can actually see how incompatible code can work...
My Website
After a night of binge drinking:
=FF=im2good4u wrote:WTF wanst i on top ?
-[SomeonE]-

zero clan smokes too

Post by -[SomeonE]- »

they dont use it anymore (why? hahaha no clue dont ask me) now some of the zero clan members that were on the ventrilo server last night told me that it was acutally possible but that the command line is different for wolf 1.0 (if ya wanna smoke the same thing i did liek you said ask your clan mates :wink: ) anywasy, i havent heard anything from bani yet (hope i will soon cause imma go crazy lol) but if anyone is ready to help me work this out plz feel free to help and try to find the command line or codes that should be modifyed to make an ''uncompatible'' mod work with wolf 1.0

if i smoked something befor going into the server it was probably something damn hard because the server admin stfu me lol so can someone tell me what i took before i go crazy about this too?? lol
________
vapor genie vaporizer
-[SomeonE]-

btw

Post by -[SomeonE]- »

im sorry for the fs_start i ment fs_game i was just thinking about the fs (that probably means folder start) thinking about that fs_game maybe i should try fs_server ??? not that dumb after all hey?? lol or maybe i smoked something again :wink:
________
no2 vaporizer
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

now about you try fs_basepath since that actualy is a real command it works like fs_game

or try to instal banimod 1.0.0 over you main and run a server like normal

and bani himself is bussy @ etpro
-[SomeonE]-

great

Post by -[SomeonE]- »

great im gonna try that new command right away and tell you about it in case it doesnt work can you tell me how to install bani 1 over the main stuff lol cause i dont think imma be able to do it myself :(

thanks for those who are helping me i apriciate it
________
Yamaha XT 350
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

over main is ez
but it is resing a reisntal :)

jsut drop the .dll or .so wutever oyu over oyu .dll or .so from your rtcw main :twisted:
-[SomeonE]-

Post by -[SomeonE]- »

Wolf 1.0 win-x86 Nov 13 2001
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
banimod/main

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files
----- CL_Shutdown -----
-----------------------
FS_FreeFile( NULL )

i got that using the base path thing lol well i wrote this +set fs_basepath banimod
________
Chevrolet Corvette C6
=FF=im2good4u

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

oke ... lol but you will need atleast fs_game the basepath and homepath are other fs setting im not sure wut they do ..
-[SomeonE]-

Post by -[SomeonE]- »

imma try the main way tell me exactly what to put and where plz :)

p.s.: i l u :oops: lol no really dude thatnks for the help
________
penny stocks to buy
-[SomeonE]-

the answer

Post by -[SomeonE]- »

my bani mod is working........... i have one thing to say to ppl that didnt belive me : dont say anything when you dont know anything i just had to change some stuff replace a file called qgame_mp_x86.dll or something close nad....... thats it i wonder if 1.9.99 will work lol
________
Windsor
=FF=im2good4u

Re: the answer

Post by =FF=im2good4u »

-[SomeonE]- wrote: dont say anything when you dont know anything
i think none of us have ever installed 1.0.0 inot 1.0 :?